Coming Soon - Co Jo Dai's Display Room

Reaction score
After years of having my collection in storage, the time for a proper display room is coming.

Reaction score
Was a garage, will be a Collecting Room and expanded laundry room. My space will end up being 15x19 with a 8x4 and 5x3 windows. Sadly we had budget issues with other parts of our remodel, so the little things (like display cases) are getting pushed back - I know, first world problems.

Reaction score
Small update: central air and electrical are done, insulation and drywall are going in next week.

Reaction score
My entire collection is finally in my collecting room but the remodel is still continuing and I don't have my display cases yet (hopefully later this summer)

Reaction score
Fresh construction ? Perfect time to set up some flush-mounted in-the-wall displays ! Have fun !

Reaction score
Well this is the week, I'm off to IKEA on Thursday to buy the Billy Bookcases I'll need, the nearest IKEA is 120 miles away and theirs nothing comparable in my area. It's taken a year longer then I planned but it's finally happening and it'll probably take the rest of the summer to completely setup - but that's the fun part...

My projected setup!

Reaction score
Good for you and glad to hear it. You know we're all as excited as you are to have the collection set up for viewing. I was thinking about it the other day about how so many people showed their displays/collections over on the old Gentle Giant Collectors site. It doesn't seem like as many people have done that on this site. I always took pleasure in seeing what other people had in their collections and how they had them set up.

Reaction score
Good for you and glad to hear it. You know we're all as excited as you are to have the collection set up for viewing. I was thinking about it the other day about how so many people showed their displays/collections over on the old Gentle Giant Collectors site. It doesn't seem like as many people have done that on this site. I always took pleasure in seeing what other people had in their collections and how they had them set up.

I was just looking at my old setup from GGC, two bookcases in the corner of my living room, things have come along way since then.

Reaction score
Finished the building today, still got some odds and ends to handle before I can start putting stuff out.

Reaction score
Can't wait to see finished display!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Worked on one of my big display cases tonight, what to you think so far? Hopefully this weekend I can get to my other display case that is going to be McQuarrie themed...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally have everything out of boxes and on shelves, still have to do some arranging and re-arranging but progress none-the-less.

I did finish my McQuarrie corner, what do you all think?

Reaction score
Pretty sweet bro. Pretty sweet. I like the dedicated case to the McQuarrie line as well as the dedicated shelf to the holiday busts. I noticed that the Silver Surfer isn't on the Galactus bust. Did it happen to break like it did on several that I heard of?

Reaction score
Pretty sweet bro. Pretty sweet. I like the dedicated case to the McQuarrie line as well as the dedicated shelf to the holiday busts. I noticed that the Silver Surfer isn't on the Galactus bust. Did it happen to break like it did on several that I heard of?
No, nothing happened to the Galactus bust, I just didn't attach the Silver Surfer - that was a nice option for that bust.