"Comics Spain" PVC Droids & Ewoks Figures

Reaction score
\"Comics Spain\" PVC Droids & Ewoks Figures

Today I found what was described as "2 complete sets" of these Comics Spain Droids PVC Figures. The seller had a $250 price tag on them but offered them to me for $175. Needless to say, I passed. I'm just a little confused as to why he thought they were worth so much. Surely these can't go for that much can they?

James_Gallo

Reaction score
Re: \"Comics Spain\" PVC Droids Figures

Generally these show up as sets, but single figures can sell for $10-20 each. They aren't sure rare but aren't really easy to find. I think a small nuber of people have quanity on them.

James G

Reaction score

hi,
these figures were sold individually in Spain,never were sold as a set.anyway the price it´s overpriced , these figures are easy to find ...i bought my set (just missed paploo) with c-9 for less than 100 USD

Reaction score

Well, I found 7 Star Tours Versions of these figs today for $9. I now realize that the 2 sets I mentioned above was actually one set of Comics Spain figs and 1 set of Star Tours figs. Are there any packaged versions of these Star Tours figs out there or were they all sold loose? Also, how many were released? I have 7 of them: Yoda, Vader, Stormtrooper, Chewie, R2, 3PO and Wicket.

Reaction score

They were sold loose in dump bins and had barcode price stickers attached to them at Star Tours.

Reaction score

Thanks for the answers everyone. So is this a complete set of Star Tours figs from the 90's? I can't seem to find any info on the Star Tours figs like I can with the Comics Spain versions.

Reaction score

That is indeed a complete set of the Star Tours PVC figures, the only known variations are with the Stormtrooper. These are easy to find, I picked up the 3 I wanted: Wicket, R2-D2, and C-3PO for about $2 each shipped - so they are clearly not all that desirable.

Comics Spain figures are harder to find in general, but Wicket and the droids can usually be found on Ebay. I'm working on an archive to detail the entire Comics Spain line, and all its variants - it seems knowledge about them is never complete.

Heres what I still need (PM me if anyone has them for sale/trade):

1.) Paploo
2.) Kneesaa (purple flower)
3.) C-3PO (gold w/ green eyes)

Reaction score

Is it a complete set? My set contains a Leia. Come to think of it it might be a Naboo Padame, and Naboo = modern, but still part of the Star Tours set, unless there is a modern Star Tours set. My 3PO is also gold. I got the figures in the Disney Star Tours store right after TPM came out during a Star Wars week in Disney World.

Reaction score

Spidey_Seth said:
Is it a complete set? My set contains a Leia. Come to think of it it might be a Naboo Padame, and Naboo = modern, but still part of the Star Tours set, unless there is a modern Star Tours set. My 3PO is also gold. I got the figures in the Disney Star Tours store right after TPM came out during a Star Wars week in Disney World.
You're thinking of a different line of PVC figures, made by applause - they are a different scale as well. To my knowledge, there have never been animated TPM figures - if you have pics, please post them.

The Comics Spain and Star Tours figures above are all based on the cartoons...where the Applause figures are based on the movies.

Reaction score

sabresedge said:
Here's the ones I have:

DOH! I didn't realize they made the Stormtrooper, Vader, Chewy and Yoda. Now I have to track those down too.

James
Hey James, I have the same ones as you - they are all the first runs from the Comics Spain line, and are actually harder to find. Wicket, Kneesaa, and C-3PO all had 'running changes' during production - and those versions are easier to find...

James_Gallo

Reaction score

There is a Comics Spain Yellow and gold 3po, and I guess that picture is supposed to show a bronze and gold Star Tours 3po.

I am not aware of any variations to Wicket, unless it is face color or Knessa.

James G

Reaction score

James_Gallo said:
There is a Comics Spain Yellow and gold 3po, and I guess that picture is supposed to show a bronze and gold Star Tours 3po.

I am not aware of any variations to Wicket, unless it is face color or Knessa.

James G
I guess you're officially aware now!
The changes on Wicket were all over the body, the original had bright pink eyes and mouth, a black nose, and grey fur on the belly, hands, feet, etc. The running change to Wicket made it more cartoon realistic - making the eyes and mouth a peach brown, the nose was painted brown, and the belly fur, etc was all painted tan - I'll upload a picture of the Comics Spain versions of Wicket, next to the Disney version, so everyone can see the differences. As for Kneesaa, the only variation is in the flower color - the original was yellow, and it was later changed to purple.

JohnA said:
Spidey_Seth said:
My 3PO is also gold.
There's several shades for 3PO: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48304 (I mean the licensed, of course)

John
As for the Comics Spain C-3PO, there was clearly a running change to all gold as well, but I'm pretty certain he wasnt referring to this - from his description, he owns Applause pvc figures...hence the reason he has a Leia, Padme, etc.

Reaction score

Wow! I din't know there was such interest in these things. I got one of these R2s by shear accident, and sold it to Craig Ginter for like $3 a year ago. How's he doin' anyway?

Reaction score

For your viewing pleasure - from left to right - we have the original Comics Spain Wicket, the Comics Spain running deco change, and last the Disney version.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
You're thinking of a different line of PVC figures, made by applause - they are a different scale as well. To my knowledge, there have never been animated TPM figures - if you have pics, please post them.

The Comics Spain and Star Tours figures above are all based on the cartoons...where the Applause figures are based on the movies.
Here is a picture of the Leia I got in the Star Tours store in Disney World. She is on the far right. If she was sold in the Star Tours store in Disney world, I would assume she was part of the set. But maybe I am assuming wrong.

Reaction score

Indeed. Spidey_Seth, it looks like you have a complete set of the Star Tours pvc figures (7) as well as an Applause Padme, not Leia - as you'll notice, she is on a base, and none of the Star Tour figures are. She is actually part of a larger TPM set of pvc figures, all of which are on a base.

Its cool to see you have both Comics Spain versions of C-3PO, as well as that Polish ripoff. I saw a Polish version online once and figured a kid repainted it! haha That certainly is one hideous figure, I'm glad its a knockoff, rather than a licensed release.

Likewise, I'm really glad I bumped this thread up - as a Comics Spain collector, its cool to hear from the small group that is also interested in them - and the info we can share with each other.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
Its cool to see you have both Comics Spain versions of C-3PO, as well as that Polish ripoff. I saw a Polish version online once and figured a kid repainted it! haha That certainly is one hideous figure, I'm glad its a knockoff, rather than a licensed release.
Its funny how peoples opinions differ so much. I actually think the bootleg green 3PO is the best figure in the set, it is definitely the more rare figure out of the set I have. Plus its green, WTF, green 3PO. I need to research more of the applause figures. I wonder why Disney sold that one figure in their store when it is not a true Star Tours figure.

Reaction score

No need to research, I just found a picture of what looks like a complete set of Applause movie figures (top) and Applause TPM figures (bottom) - as you'll notice, they are all in a smaller scale than Comics Spain and Star Tours.

Reaction score
Re: \"Comics Spain\" Droids & Ewoks PVC Figures

I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else is still trying to track down any of these - I recently found the gold C-3PO on Ebay here in the US; and both of the droids seem to be pretty common on Ebay now - you can often find both the Yellow and Gold versions of C-3PO as well as R2-D2.

As for the Ewoks figures - they are harder to track down - I just received my 'holy grail' of Comics Spain SW figures, the rather HTF Paploo, and he is outstanding. One of the figures I am still trying to locate is Kneesaa. I own the original version with the Yellow flower, but I am hunting for the version with a purple flower. I am trying to track down all the variants for the SW CS line, so they can be archived. I've corresponded with a former employee of that company and she said that there were actually 4 versions of Wicket, because they kept changing the deco, until they made him as he appears in the cartoon.

I'm also bumping this thread to see if people have seen CS figures at any shops other than Ebay. I know of one comic / toy shop that has a few of them, but they are priced at $25 each.

Reaction score

JediClones said:
What scale are these? Do they fit in with the Kenner/Hasbro stuff?
They are indeed in scale - and look great with the Kenner figures:

James_Gallo

Reaction score

Well not really Teebo is a kid after all, and even though logray is an old man I think they are a touch to big, however they are certainly close enough and look very nice. If you compare the comic spain Dulock with the figure they aren't even close in size. The Kez Iban is way small, so I would say it will work better for some figures then others.

James G

Reaction score

James_Gallo said:
Well not really Teebo is a kid after all, and even though logray is an old man I think they are a touch to big, however they are certainly close enough and look very nice. If you compare the comic spain Dulock with the figure they aren't even close in size. The Kez Iban is way small, so I would say it will work better for some figures then others.

James G
Either you dont own the Comics Spain Dulok, or you are confusing it with something else, because as you can see from my pic, not only are they close in height, the only thing that really separates them is the extra 'hair' on the Comics Spain figure's head...

As for the CS figures of all the young Ewoks, like Teebo, Wicket, Latara, and Kneesaa - they are actually all in scale with the Kenner animated Wicket, which is roughly the same height as Logray for some reason - if anything, Kenner simply made Logray small for some reason:

http://theswca.com/images-catal/86-toyfair-page99.jpg

Reaction score

For those of you that enjoyed the Droids & Ewoks cartoons as a kid, and want to learn more about the Star Wars Comics Spain PVC figures - I decided to create a blog which will cover the entire line and also work as a photo archive. I will highlight every known variation in the line, as well as the repaints. I will also show all the Star Tours PVC figures and list how they can be distinguished from the Comics Spain line. I'll be updating the blog a few times a week throughout the summer until it is complete.

http://starwarscomicsspain.blogspot.com

Reaction score

Aww man, this thread has been super helpful in identifying just what the heck I got off of eBay. I thought that Stormtrooper with a Gray top of the head was a forgien KO or something.

Reaction score
Re: Comics Spain Droids & Ewoks PVC Figures

I'm continually updating the blog I created when I find new errors and variants in the CS line. I've covered all the figures that were released, now I'm just tracking down the last variant I'd like to own - Kneesaa with the purple flower. I'll also be taking more comparison pictures as I add more figures to my collection.

If anyone has unique figures in their collection, like the error Kneesaa in my most recent blog entry - please feel free to contact me and share your information. I'd love to know what other errors may have been released. Thanks.

http://starwarscomicsspain.blogspot.com/

Reaction score

JediClones said:
Is there a list of all the figures?
And will I be able to find them on UK Ebay?
There were only 10 figures made, here is a list:

=====

Comics Spain Droids PVC figures:

1.) C-3PO (yellow version)
2.) C-3PO (gold version)
3.) R2-D2
4.) Kez-Iban

Comics Spain Ewoks PVC figures:

1.) Wicket
2.) Kneesaa
3.) Latara
4.) Teebo
5.) Paploo
6.) Dulok

=====

You should be able to find some of them on Ebay in the UK, but I'd suggest expanding your search to Europe and checking Ebay Spain, Germany, France, etc. R2-D2, C-3PO, and Wicket are all easier to find, because they were produced in larger numbers. The other Ewoks, Kez-Iban, and the Dulok could prove harder to find - but you may get lucky and find someone selling a complete set in one auction.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
JediClones said:
Is there a list of all the figures?
And will I be able to find them on UK Ebay?
There were only 10 figures made, here is a list:

=====

Comics Spain Droids PVC figures:

1.) C-3PO (yellow version)
2.) C-3PO (gold version)
3.) R2-D2
4.) Kez-Iban

Comics Spain Ewoks PVC figures:

1.) Wicket
2.) Kneesaa
3.) Latara
4.) Teebo
5.) Paploo
6.) Dulok

=====

You should be able to find some of them on Ebay in the UK, but I'd suggest expanding your search to Europe and checking Ebay Spain, Germany, France, etc. R2-D2, C-3PO, and Wicket are all easier to find, because they were produced in larger numbers. The other Ewoks, Kez-Iban, and the Dulok could prove harder to find - but you may get lucky and find someone selling a complete set in one auction.
Hmm... out of these the one I want the most is Latara, followed by Kneesa and Kez-Iban. If I come across any cheap I might get some.

Reaction score

Any other collectors have spares of CS figures to trade? I'm looking for a Kneesaa with the purple flower.

Reaction score

I just got lucky and bought a complete set on E-Bay a couple of days ago and the Kneesaa has the purple flower.
As I understand it that this figure is easier to come by than the yellow flower variety as it was the original paint colour, is this correct.
Hopefully it will arrive in the post sometime after chrissy due to getting them from England.
Cheers
Jason

edit: It was a pic of the purple flower but when the figure arrived alas it was the yellow flower..so still searching.

Reaction score

Managed to grab the Vader, R2, Chewie, Stormtrooper and Wicket. Now just to find the Yoda.

Happy to grab a few, just need to finish that Comics Spain set, the ones I need never seem to appear. Oh well will keep watching!

Reaction score

Which Comics Spain figures are you looking for? By the way, the ones you mentioned above are from Disney, not Comics Spain - there are two separate sets.

DISNEY:

COMICS SPAIN (from my collection):

Reaction score

Thanks Darth_Sidious, was aware, just me not writing properly in the thread.
Been collecting them for a while, your blog was a very interesting read on some of the difference.

As for whats left for me to get.
Kneesaa (Comics Spain)
C3-P0 - Yellow Version (Comics Spain)
Dulok (Comics Spain)
Yoda (Disney)

Managed to picked the rest up over the years and was glad to hit the Disney ones in a big lot and a good price.

If you know of any let me know and keep updating that blog!

Reaction score

After checking out that blog, I want to collect these, especially the girls, Kneesaa and Latara!