Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Reaction score
Re: Anyone want to \"Limelight\" their SW Library?

Thanks, you two.

leesweinberg said:
I really like the 2 level paperback approach. I dont have a ton of paperbacks, but thats the approach i may take to create some extra space. Great stuff!
It made sense to go with a 2 tier system on those, otherwise with the taller shelves I have, it would have felt like a lot of wasted space having only a single row of paperback books there and 7-8" of nothing above it. Bad enough having to buy a 2nd shelf earlier this spring just to properly display everything. But now I've plenty of room for upcoming stuff as the bottom levels in both shelves are pretty much empty. So bring on the new stuff!

Reaction score

Love the shelf, jb! How'd you do the two-tier system? I also like the inclusion of the bust-ups; have you thought of putting some on top of the lower row of paperbacks?

Reaction score

Imrahil2001 said:
Love the shelf, jb! How'd you do the two-tier system? I also like the inclusion of the bust-ups; have you thought of putting some on top of the lower row of paperbacks?
Thanks! For the two-tier system, I basically just cut up a large piece of cardboard, folded it into the proper dimensions, taped it to hold it's shape and sat it at the back of the shelf. Then it's just a matter of stacking books on top of and in front of. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to do it but this way was cheap and pretty easy.

For the bust-ups, if display room becomes an issue with those then yeah, I could definitely put some on top of the front row of paperbacks. Not a bad idea.

Reaction score

Very clever use of materials. I only have a very few paperbacks these days, but if I ever find myself with a lot again I'll definitely use your idea.

Reaction score

The Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, and Last of the Jedi books are great series! Fun little reads.

Awesome collection BTW.

Reaction score
I have finally gotten around to organizing and photographing my book collection and finally sharing it with others. There are a lot of pics to follow but there are a lot of shelves here. Far from a complete collection but I'm getting there slowly but surely. Also, this is my first attempt at adding photos to a post so hopefully this turns out okay.

That's a cool setup. :applouse:

I told myself I would keep my Star Wars collection to just the regular comics. And then all the variants. Then maybe the signed Dynamic Forces variants here and there and I would stop there. Then I started on a couple trade paperbacks for the original covers. Now I'm at the point where I want all the old trades paperbacks.

d'oh!

I think i'll just keep my collection to just the comics/variants/trades and comic hardcovers. For now...

agh!

Haven't really gotten into the prose SW books but I hear alot of good things about them. Trying to keep it simple with the SW comic universe but I know there're some more cool things out there...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Xopolos, i need to take a better picture though as this one is a bit blurry as it was taken on my Blackberry.

Reaction score
Maybe someone knows of some good single book display stands? I've got the KOTOR campaign guide and the older movie storybooks that I display in my IKEA Deltof behind the Gentle Giant mini-busts. I know Amazon has a ton of stands but if anyone has personal recommendations that'd be great.

Reaction score
a new book arrived... it contains exclusive Han Solo medal ceremony minifigure

Reaction score
I am extremely jealous after reading through this thread. My books and comics collection is
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
Darth Bane: Rule of Two
Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Jedi Trial
Star Wars The Dark Lord Trilogy
Star Wars Jedi Apprentice #3 The Hidden Past
Star Wars Jedi Apprentice #4 The Mark of the Crown
Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace Kids Novelization
Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones Kids Novelization
Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope Kids Novelization
The Jedi Path
Star Wars Annual 2012
Star Wars the Clone Wars Annual 2012
Millennium Falcon Manual: 1977 Onwards Modified YT-1300 Corellian Freighter Owners Workshop Manual
Star Wars The Essential Atlas.
4 comics, 7 issues of Insider and an incomplete Star Wars Fact File serial that came out a few years back (imagine Steve Sansweet's Encyclopedia superceed's this now anyway).
I need to get buying I think...

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I couldn't find anywhere else

I have all of the dark horse Clone Wars and star wars tales TPBs and some others in great shape some of them still like new, I'm not interested in them anymore and need to raise some money and I know they aren't worth big bucks.

Does anyone think that they would be worth posting on ebay ? If so, should I sell them all together or separate? Or maybe someone on here would be interested.

Thank You

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked a couple of TPM books to take to a book signing Terry Brooks was doing nearby. I got both of them the day of the signing!

Reaction score
Here's a link to my current collection of books and comics:

Star Wars Collection April 2012.wmv - YouTube
Wow that is a great collection!

Can I ask where you got that copy of Tom Veitch's Lightsider? I didn't even know it had been made available. I'd love to get a copy or even just be able to read it if I can't buy a copy.
and also Evasive Action, I didn't know these webstrips were released as a printed version?

Reaction score
Some of my collection. If you scroll past the first few photos you can see better on the longer shots.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1094860/

Actually on one of the shots you can see a paperback edition of the truce at bakura, 20th anniversary of SW special edition. I've sent the photos to JediJournals but does anyone know what is special about the cover other than a red spot on it saying it is a special edition cover?
I can get better photos if needed.

Reaction score
Tomorrow (4/28) marks the 1 year anniversary of when I joined RS. The bulk of my posting involves the EU so I thought I'd post my collection. The novels and comics are in chronological order as of today.
Bookcase Shelves A-E

Shelf A

Shelf B

Shelf C

Shelf D

Shelf E

Starting another bookcase that isn't pictured
Shelf F

Assorted

Now the comics in chronological order. All images are the 1st issue of a series or title, or a one shot. I couldn't show every issue. All titles are complete except where noted.
Box 1 runs from Dawn of the Jedi through The Force Unleashed II.
Box 2 runs from Underworld through Legacy, then an assortment of items that can't be placed in the timeline properly.
Box 1 & 2 are two full long boxes.

Before the Republic

The Old Republic

Rise of the Empire (Droids issues 1, 4 only)

Rebellion

New Republic (The Last Command issues 1-4 only)

New Jedi Order

Legacy

Other (Marvel Star Wars 14 assorted issues, Galaxy Magazine 11 assorted issues)

I hope you enjoyed this display. Practically every novel and comic was bought the week/month of its release.
At the time I created this post I couldn't find any info on size limitations, so I hope I didn't post too many pics. Everything fit but I wouldn't want to overload anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tomorrow (4/28) marks the 1 year anniversary of when I joined RS. The bulk of my posting involves the EU so I thought I'd post my collection. The novels and comics are in chronological order as of today.

I hope you enjoyed this display. Practically every novel and comic was bought the week/month of its release.
At the time I created this post I couldn't find any info on size limitations, so I hope I didn't post too many pics. Everything fit but I wouldn't want to overload anything.
I love your collection of print.. a truly worthwhile investment..
Are you still collecting? Can add up to a bit when totalling monthly releases..

Well done, I could spend a few days pouring over some of your stuff. Very nice.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm glad some people finally found this and left some comments. :awesome:
Yes, I still get the novels and comics. I wish this wasn't a group limelight post, so I could update things.
I have since added Crucible and Into The Void, and Kenobi will be released and bought next week.
And I believe a few Dark Horse comics series have started or will be soon starting, since I posted.

I wanted to display everything but had to decide on 1st issues only with the comics, otherwise I'd be taking hundreds more of pics to post each individual issue.
Perhaps seeing pretty much all the EU (adult) novels and comics released will generate interest in newcomers.
Even though I fear the EU as we know it will be erased from canon, it is a tremendous body of work that can always be discussed. If you haven't read a book/comic before, it's still new to you even if it's years old. I know I don't mind talking about storylines that aren't current.
And I'm certainly not going to throw them all away or burn them if the new movies overwrite them. B)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kenobi will be released and bought next week.

Even though I fear the EU as we know it will be erased from canon, it is a tremendous body of work that can always be discussed. If you haven't read a book/comic before, it's still new to you even if it's years old. I know I don't mind talking about storylines that aren't current.
And I'm certainly not going to throw them all away or burn them if the new movies overwrite them. B)
Kenobi - yes, I am very much looking forward to this also and have pre-ordered the HC also.

Whether or not new movies make some or all EU novels obsolete truly doesn't matter in my eyes. The fact is, as far as I see it, that literature remains unchanged and is set and bound the way it is for all time. At anytime we can reference from it and revisit it whenever our heart desires. So true the Star Wars story it will always be, and to me, once it is written, forever it remains.
As somebody in a different thread stated, we can just view it as 'alternate universe' star wars but we can make of it whatever we wish.
I agree, most of my EU novels have added a great deal to what I know of star wars background (however little it is in comparison to others), but forever it will remain as part of 'My Star Wars'. No book burning here neither.
I bet the Kenobi novel will be subject to canon status, surely the powers that be can't dedicate a novel to one sole main character and title it after him then later decide it had nothing to dowith the character. Much like Dark Lord, I am viewing Kenobi to be, not only regarded canon, but a great read.
One day, I will display my collection of comic book/novels here also..I like hardcover originals (have all HCBE of the vintage)..but have plenty of paperback in modern.

Happy reading Mr. Sizzler, have a sizzling day... Thank you again.

Reaction score
My very first ever Limelight- four full SW library shelf units!

Main shelf of vintage and modern hardcovers and other rare goodies.

Second shelf area consisting of vintage and modern softcovers and other surprises.

Shelf three containing all sorts of mostly SW reference materials. West End Game books included!

Shelf four holds current overflow along bottom, and houses my multimedia area, containing dozens of SW music CDs, PC game titles, and my VHS and DVD library of SW titles.

Last edited: