Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Reaction score
Re: Anyone want to \"Limelight\" their SW Library?

Thanks for sharing Jangodo. It's always nice to see someone else's library.

I would take photos of mine, but you'd only see pile of boxes.

Reaction score

I will work on getting my comics/books display on here guys!

Reaction score

Now that's impressive. Makes me wonder whether I should have gone with hardbacks instead of paperbacks, they seem to make a better display!

Reaction score

Here are some of the signed books I have -
Star Wars and more

Dark Empire

Dark Empire II

Shadows of the Empire HC Comic

Shadows of the Empire

ROTS HC Comic

Survivor's Quest

Art of Marvel

Green Hornet

Kingdom Come

Heir to the Empire

EPI

Battlestar Galactica Warhawk

Battlestar Galactica Resurrection

Battlestar Galactica Rebellion

Battlestar Galactica

Angel #24

Darth Bane

Clerks HC comic

Trinity HC Comic

Babylon 5 Mini-Comic

Reaction score

"leesweinberg," are the "Clone Wars" novels you have all hardcover ("Wild Space" and "No Prisoners")????? If so, where did you find them?
Thanks!

Reaction score

jaxx said:
"leesweinberg," are the "Clone Wars" novels you have all hardcover ("Wild Space" and "No Prisoners")????? If so, where did you find them?
Thanks!
Yes, they are all hardcover. For some reason, all the Clone Wars books have a HC edition exclusively (i think) in the UK -- i ordered mine through amazon.co.uk. Have already preordered the next one in hardcover!

Reaction score

leesweinberg said:
jaxx said:
Thanks!
Yes, they are all hardcover. For some reason, all the Clone Wars books have a HC edition exclusively (i think) in the UK -- i ordered mine through amazon.co.uk. Have already preordered the next one in hardcover!
Ah... thanks for the info.

Reaction score

Hmmm.... guess I'm a little slow, as I just found this thread. LOL

Anyway, here are pics of my two small bookcases filled with SW goodies...

I've actually gotten some more stuffed in there since these were taken, lol.

Reaction score

Cool. Nice to see the old West End Games RPG books in there. They were so great in the day.

Reaction score

Rodders said:
Cool. Nice to see the old West End Games RPG books in there. They were so great in the day.
I noticed that too.

I'm jealous of the HB Lando books I see in a few collections. I still haven't gotten the cash saved up for those yet.

Reaction score

Personally, i really enjoyed the Lando books and think that they're pretty underrated. I'd love to get them in hardback.

Reaction score

Well, here's mine.

My philosophy of collecting these is basically to get nice, different versions of books that treat the OT in some way. Hence I don't have a ton of fiction books--I have the two Republic Commando books because I haven't finished reading them yet; I have the Thrawn and X-Wing books because I want to read them again and decide if I want to keep them after that.

So, brief rundown:
Top shelf: - Hardcover Storybooks; Hardcover "Pop-Up Books" (these are really neat, to me); OT HCs, Han Solo, Splinter, Crispin Han Solo Trilogy (this ties together so well with the Daley books and the OT that I think it deserves a spot). Then Thrawn and Commandos.

Second shelf: (Short shelf!) - my PBs. I haven't upgraded Mindharp and Flamewind to HC yet; that will be a project for this summer I think.

Bottom shelf: Complete Locations (I want to get the "Vehicles" in this line as well, but probably will pass on the visual dictionary); then three binders which have all the vintage Topps SW/ESB/Jedi cards, plus widevision, plus a few of "Galaxy I" (I ditched any comic-booky ones) and the 30th Ann. series (I ditched any prequels stuff). Then the WONDERFUL "Making of" books in HC, the poster book, then a bamboo magazine rack for various mags like the "Official Collectors Edition" of Jedi and Temple of Doom, the SWFC Empire 20th ann. magazine, and then room for more of that type. Then my two Indy books, and the Making of SW.

I've already got the Making of ESB pre-ordered, and will preorder "Star Wars Visions" soon. At my parents' house I still have some of the softcover books like the Star Wars Sketchbook and Blueprints that will probably go on this shelf when I bring 'em back this summer.

Anyway, my "exhaustive" SW book collection.

Reaction score

Here is my humble HC collection. I've only bought one or two of them new and all of the others are second hand. I'm pretty picky so they have to be in excellent shape. The Marvel comic isn't actually graded, there is a different comic behind it.

Reaction score

wadeantley said:
javascript:void(0)

Here is my humble HC collection. I've only bought one or two of them new and all of the others are second hand. I'm pretty picky so they have to be in excellent shape. The Marvel comic isn't actually graded, there is a different comic behind it.
Looks nice--did you mean to post the same picture 3 times?

I recently returned from a semi-annual trip to my parents and grabbed the rest of my SW books from there, so I'll probably update the pictures of my shelf shortly.

Reaction score
Re: Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

leesweinberg said:
Jangodo said:
Nice! What are those tall blue books labeled 1-3?
That is the signed/limited collection of newspaper strips. All in original form/layout and in BW. Great to compare these with the colored/rearranged DH versions.
what is the ISBN / Full Title of these?

Reaction score
Re: Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Mr_AHett said:
what is the ISBN / Full Title of these?
There is no ISBN -- it just says Published by Russ Cochran, West Plains. There is no title, other than Star Wars Volume 1 (or 2, or 3).

Reaction score

Update: Sold some books, acquired some:

Reaction score

My books, the comics have been moved to a comic box.

Not a lot, but I've never really collected book till recently

Reaction score

eng621 said:
My books, the comics have been moved to a comic box.

Not a lot, but I've never really collected book till recently
Nice collection.

Reaction score

Here's an updated version of my hardcover collection. After finally buying (and reading, ugh) the Black Fleet Crisis, I now own at least one version of every HC novel released. Its not a "complete" collection because I am missing (at least) two original trilogy omnibuses and two of the three limited Thrawn trilogy signed/slipcase versions. Still, I'm really happy with it and love how it looks.

Reaction score

Does anyone know of any good frames to hang comics in? I have a complete Marvel set and would love a nice way to show them all off

Reaction score

Kenner_Babe said:
Does anyone know of any good frames to hang comics in? I have a complete Marvel set and would love a nice way to show them all off
You can try frames from here . I'd go with the comic book showcase for $8.00 a pack. If I had the room for it, I'd get some for my older issues to keep in.

Reaction score

Seen those at the hobbie store up the road. Like them but at $8 a pop i'll be broke before I can get 110 of them that I need.

Reaction score

Needs some cleaning and tightening up, but 2nd shelf is 3-deep with paperbacks. Top shelf (can hardly see, has the clapper on it) is mainly oversize "non-fiction" (trivia, making of, essential guides, etc.), third shelf is DVDs (misc and Star Wars) and oversize (cross sections, LEGO books, Visual Dictionaries, some magazines, although my Insiders are in another room). Fourth shelf is hardbacks (2 deep). I have well over 100 books, including 85 novels (almost all in baggies to keep clean). Bottom shelf (not pictured) is also hardbacks.

Reaction score

Interesting, I don't do baggies for my PBs, though I do use mylar covers for my HBs. Where do you buy baggies? Are you worried about them possibly getting damp and promoting mold?

Reaction score

Dust is my biggest concern. And pet dander with 2 dogs.

I get the covers at the Comic book store -- comic size for the PBs and magazine size fits most HB novels

Reaction score

I see. My question was a bit ambiguous--do you worry that putting them into air-tight baggies will promote mold or mildew?

Reaction score

I keep them in acid free comic/mag baggies too when possible. I never thought about mold.
I figured if it was good enough for comics it was good enough for some hardcovers

Reaction score

Haven't really thought about mold. If they were in my garage I would, but not so much in my home

Reaction score

I just know that I've read that keeping toys and such in sealed plastic boxes can lead to problems. But you're probably right.

Reaction score

They aren't really sealed. The tops are open somewhat

Reaction score

I have finally gotten around to organizing and photographing my book collection and finally sharing it with others. There are a lot of pics to follow but there are a lot of shelves here. Far from a complete collection but I'm getting there slowly but surely. Also, this is my first attempt at adding photos to a post so hopefully this turns out okay.

Reaction score

Thats a really classy and understated look.

Reaction score

Great collection, jb72. I really like the 2 level paperback approach. I dont have a ton of paperbacks, but thats the approach i may take to create some extra space. Great stuff!