Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Reaction score
Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Hello all, I was just looking through the forums and noticed that most of the other sections have a Limelighting section to show their collection off. Would anyone else like to see a Limelighting section in Books in which to showcase their library? Also, does anyone have any photos of their Star Wars Books that they's like to post here?

Reaction score
Re: Anyone want to \"Limelight\" their SW Library?

I don't mean to come across as hypocrytical, but i don't have any photos to post.
(Most of my stuff is packed away.)

I'm afraid i'm going to have to ask someone if they'd like to post theirs.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Well, I guess I'll be the first. I need to re-organize this, but here's my hardcover novel collection along with a few other books. My comics are all in long boxes, so I don't have any photos at this time.

Reaction score

here's an old pic, but I'll take newer ones tonight, after I get home from work.

Reaction score

Nice photos jgordon24 and Galen_Marek. Keep them coming, the books seem to be a little undervalued in general, but in my opinion they are the most imporatant.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I've got three distinct areas. My main shelves keep the incoming books, hardcovers, and a lot of the oversized books. I was limited to one column in our library, but as you can see the Star Wars section has bled over the top and started coming down the top of column two.

Downstairs I keep the rest of the books. There a single case with all the paperbacks (two rows deep) plus the scholastic junior novels, video game manuals and more of the oversized books like the Making of books or the ILM book.

The third shelf has about 2 1/2 shelves which include the vintage youth books, activity and coloring books, all the current young reader Clone Wars books, plus the TPBs and Omnibus books from Dark Horse.

This of course doesn't count close to 12 boxes of comics in a closet

Reaction score

Great pics! If I was at home and not at school, I'd take a picture of my bookshelf. It's probably 85% SW-related, and I once counted a total of more than 120 books on it last year, including more than SW. I love to read.

Reaction score

How about comics? I have a couple of custom built shelves for my favorite comics. Sorry no pics of the shelves yet, but here's a sampling of my Marvel Star Wars comics.

Reaction score

You better lock your doors at night, or the only thing the pictures will be good for is filing a report with the Maryland PD

Reaction score

Bring it on. Can't wait to see photos of your shelves.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Galen_Marek said:
You better lock your doors at night, or the only thing the pictures will be good for is filing a report with the Maryland PD
Thanks for reminding me...1)increase homeowners insurance.

Reaction score

This is an older version of my bookcase. I've been focused on hardcovers, and have added about 10 to the collection since the photo was taken. Have probably doubled the conic TPBs as well...but it gives you all the general idea.

Reaction score

Nice! What are those tall blue books labeled 1-3?

Reaction score
Re: Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Jangodo said:
Nice! What are those tall blue books labeled 1-3?
That is the signed/limited collection of newspaper strips. All in original form/layout and in BW. Great to compare these with the colored/rearranged DH versions.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

That's a great set to find. Thank the eBay gods that I found mine so cheap

Reaction score

Jovial_Jay said:
That's a great set to find. Thank the eBay gods that I found mine so cheap
Same here! I think i picked it up for $40, still sealed.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I envy you having the Hardcover SFBC books. I missed a good portion of them, and they go for crazy mad money on evilBay. Maybe I'll inherit some from my rich uncle

Reaction score

Wow, you've got some hardcovers there that we don't get in the UK.

Keep the photos coming.

Reaction score

Incredible collection you have leesweinberg!!!

I just got into the EU (books and comics) within the last two years or so, so my collection has just started to grow. Hopefully within the next few years it will look similar to yours

Reaction score

Here's a picture of my Star Wars bookcase

Reaction score

12501 said:
Incredible collection you have leesweinberg!!!

I just got into the EU (books and comics) within the last two years or so, so my collection has just started to grow. Hopefully within the next few years it will look similar to yours
Mine is only three years old, but I've been on a TEAR for a while -- love EBay!

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
Great collection Weinberg! The hardcovers look great!
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Still missing a few hardcovers -- a few of which i could buy on ebay any day (black fleet, corellian trilogy, bounty hunter war) and a few of which are very hard to find (limited slipcase of AOTC, Heir to the Empire, Last Command).

Reaction score

I agree, they look fantastic. Does anyone know why they are made in a different size to the normal release hardbacks?

Reaction score

Rodders said:
I agree, they look fantastic. Does anyone know why they are made in a different size to the normal release hardbacks?
Good question -- and one I have often wondered. I assume it is because the book clubs print their own books, so the smaller size is just a way to cut costs -- along with often using thinner paper, flat dustjackets, etc

Reaction score

I started reading the Star Wars novels back in 2007, started with the Republic Commando novels which I found pretty exciting and was great to follow the missions of Delta and Omega Squad, wish there could be more books about them. So I'm anticipating Karan's new line for Imperial Commando, I hope they're as good as the Republic Commando novels. Loved the Republic Commando books so much, read all four books twice now lol!

I've pretty much read the whole Legacy of the Force series, just waiting for the final book to be released this month and as I had long wait, I started on The New Jedi Order novels and I'm on the fourth book now. Despite reviews and how some folk were disappointed with this series and how dark it is, I'm finding it pretty good and a nice change from the PG/Universal rated films lol!

Still, nice collections of books everyone has. Despite being on here for a while, I've never checked out the Comic/Novel section before so it's good to see so many fans of the books. I've stayed away from the hardbooks as I find them more expensive than paperbacks, plus, I collect action figures as well so I've opted for the cheaper paperbacks for that reason lol

Obviously, I'm reading different series' out of order, should have started with the books that carry on from ROTJ, but oh well, got to start somewhere lol

I might post a pic in the near future of my books, once I get the wall mountable shelves up that they will be going on for the time being seeing as I only have very few books at this time.

Happy reading everyone

Reaction score

I really need to get my own place so I can get them out of boxes. All my stuff is in boxes.

Reaction score

SITHSPAWN said:
All my stuff is in boxes.
Mine too. I can't wait to finish decorating so that i can get everything out. A modest collection, to be sure, but one that i'd like to share with you all never the less. So many photos to take.

Reaction score

Rodders said:
SITHSPAWN said:
Mine too. I can't wait to finish decorating so that i can get everything out. A modest collection, to be sure, but one that i'd like to share with you all never the less. So many photos to take.
My SW bookcase was the first thing I set up when I moved into my new place. My wife was not happy!

Reaction score

leesweinberg said:
Rodders said:
SITHSPAWN said:
My SW bookcase was the first thing I set up when I moved into my new place. My wife was not happy!
Does your wife read any books? I know she probably doesn't read Star Wars books, but just wondering if she reads other books like bio's or things like Mills & Boon lol, if she does, tell her fairs fair, if she can have her books, and on display, so can you lol

I was wondering also if someone can help me out. I lost my book list with the correct order and had to redo it using wikipedia and we all know how inaccurate that can be at times, so was wondering if this was the correct order for The New Jedi Order books:

Order Book Title
01 Vector Prime
02 Dark Tide I - Onslaught
03 Dark Tide II - Ruin
04 Agents of Chaos I - Hero’s Trial
05 Agents of Chaos II - Jedi Eclipse
06 Balance Point
00 Knightfall
07 Edge of Victory I - Conquest
08 Edge of Victory II - Rebirth
09 Star By Star
10 Dark Journey
11 Enemy Lines I - Rebel Dream
12 Enemy Lines II - Rebel Stand
13 Traitor
14 Destiny’s Way
15 Force Heretic I - Remnant
16 Force Heretic II - Refugee
17 Force Heretic III - Reunion
18 The Final Prophecy
19 The Unifying Force

I also saw these listed on wikipedia as well:

Cancelled Books
00 Dark Tide - Siege
00 Knightfall I - Jedi Storm
00 Knightfall II - Jedi Blood
00 Knightfall III - Jedi Fire

Despite being "cancelled", Waterstones website has some of these listed as avialble but not picture available, so quite puzzled on these

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Reaction score

I've been on a bit of a buying spree recently, so I thought I'd post an updated picture of my collection. I have been filling out my comic collection, as well as buying a few other assorted HCs.

I've effectively run out of space on my big shelf and will need to buy something new or start splitting the books apart...

Reaction score

Finally took some pictures! The first picture is of the top half of my main bookcase and the second picture is of the bottom half. It's pretty much full and I'm trying to find ways of dealing with it. In addition to SW, I have lots of other books. The bottom shelf has several textbooks and binders of various items as well.