Comicpalooza

Reaction score
Anyone ever go to this? How has it been??? big turn out for vendors, celebs, etc???

Reaction score
I've been the last 2 years. It's always fun!
The turnout has been really good. The biggest I'd say was the year Bruce Campbell showed up. Last year I met Edward James Olmos & Sean Maher with almost no wait.
I make it a point to take off work & go Friday afternoon when there's not a crowd at all.
Besides the celebs & vendors there's also Roller Derby, College Quidditch & Doomsday wrestling.

Reaction score
Lots of vendors? I'm looking for more nerdy stuff for my display shelves, namely Zelda action figures.

Reaction score
There's a decent amount of vendors. Plenty of figure dealers, and also lots of geek shirts & cosplay clothes.
I know the Steampunk guys & the Houston Ghostbusters really come out representin'!

Reaction score
Kinda ticked off... I saw that David Prowse was going to be attending, and then, suddenly, he's not on the list anymore. This happened a few times while I lived in Chicago, and I never got the chance to meet him. Now I'm in Texas (I guess he lives in Dallas), and he's still canceling gigs. So annoying.

Reaction score
Peter Mayhew lives in the Dallas area. He was supposed to be there last year but had to cancel to have surgery but is in the lineup this year.
I know Prowse is coming to the Dallas show in a couple of weeks that I'm going to.

Reaction score
I went today (Friday) and it was okay. I bought an Alf figure and a Portal shirt. Some things I was vaguely interested in were way overpriced, and the things I was looking for were nowhere to be found. There were no lines for the autographs for those interested in that sort of thing. I'll be back later this weekend, maybe a bigger crowd will be more fun. I don't know why it is, but for shows like this the better ones are always in Austin / San Antonio. Its like we live in the backwoods or something.