Colorado Springs Area Finds Part 2

Reaction score
I picked up the Two-Face and Superman cars at the Target on Union and Academy today.

I passed on only the 2nd Catwoman car I've ever seen because the packaging was bent and beat to hell. Royally peeved over having to leave that car there, but I'm not going to succumb to the desire and settle.

Reaction score
Went to both K-Marts in town yesterday and one of them has vintage vehicles on "clearance" for $31. I saw several AT-ST's there.

Reaction score
So, when I was in living in San Diego, there were some kick butt comic book stores and K-Marts that sold trading card supplies that for the life of me I can't find out here. In particular, I am looking for:
UltraPro one-touch magnetic card holders (standard card size, those went for $1 at K-Mart, $1.25 at the LCS)
UltraPro penny sleeves (pack of 100 for $1 at the LCS)
UltraPro top loaders (standard size 25pk for $3.99-4.99 at the LCS)
Magazine/comic book sleeves (.25 ea, or .50 with the cardboard included at the LCS)
2-4 row card boxes by BCS
Misc comics for $1-3
Older baseball card packs (like, 1983-1988) for between .50-1.25

Basically, I'm looking for a great comic book store out here that carries alot of hobby supplies for the card, money and magazine/book collector, and a place that doesn't rob you blind, to boot. Does such a store exist out here?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, I'm still fairly new to the area, so I have to ask: is there a huge reseller/scalper market here? I ask because I see a fairly consistent stream of people with armloads of toy clearance and most of it is the stuff that resells well. I only ask because most of the time, these guys with armloads of clearance have kids with them, but I can't imagine they are buying the kids Christmas presents with them standing right there...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, I know its only been a couple of days since I asked, but the silence speaks volumes. Good to know...

Reaction score
I've never seen enough stuff on the shelves for people to fill up their arms. That said if something new is released I am sure people will try to get what they can for themselves and then extra stuff to trade or resell. Being rare to be in stores anymore you have to get what you can when you can get it.

Reaction score
Be careful out there all you Colorado collectors! What with roadways collapsing and all...

Reaction score
Sorry...I haven't been here in a while. Just a heads up for the Con.
Pueblo Comic Con Oct 4 5 6
Friday is 3-7
Saturday is 10-8
Sunday is 8-5
If you want to bring your collection to sell or at least to find out the value....come by my booth. I will have the most vintage Star Wars stuff at the show.

Reaction score
So what was the turn out like for a first year con?

Reaction score
From a buyer perspective- it was quite the mix of vendors. Didn't find anything to write home about, but then again everyone's tastes are different. From what I heard, the buying population turned out to be fairly decent and most of the vendors did well there. From talking with John (who put it on) people seemed pretty happy and the show was a success. Hopefully it continues to grow- we need more accessible shows around the area... I've really strongly considered trying to do a 'vintage only' show here locally, but not sure how much support it'd have...

Reaction score
There is another Con in the Springs this weekend on Saturday and Sunday from 10-6.
Pueblo was Pueblo. It wasn't the best and it could have been better. I think advertising and spreading the word would have helped out a lot more.
I mostly spent money and sold a little bit.

Reaction score
Finally found series 2 of the 6inch series, scoring Boba Fett at Kmart.

Reaction score
Judging from the past holiday season, it must be a law out here that every kid must have more than a grip of LEGOs as those were the only aisles I saw in Targets that were vast wastelands leading up to Christmas. Further it must also be a law out here that LEGOs and other popular (read: resellable) toys must be purchased at the first markdown, thereby leaving nothing but dolls and board games to sit and rot to final clearance.

Those two observations frustrate me to no end out here.

Reaction score
Dang, this forum is as barren as the San Diego forum somewhat, which makes me think that like out there, its a scalpers/more likely resellers paradise out here and nobody shares info for fear of breaking up "the ring" or string of luck.

Reaction score
I feel you notanerd....it is a bit weird in this section. Wave 2 is hitting. There were 4 new troopers at the Target next to Chick-fil-A on Powers. I passed on all of them.

Reaction score
The Target over by Red Robin? I hate that store. Management there is the worst and has been for years. Plus it seems like what little staffing they have there are constantly just stocking. The only thing that store is good for I've found is for getting good hits on trading cards. They somehow end up with the best of the packs/blasters.

Reaction score
There's another toy con coming in April. Anyone going?

Reaction score
There's another toy con coming in April. Anyone going?

I am going. Lips...what is your name and have I meet you before?

Nota, yeah that Target. I only go there for the toys which they never have. Not sure what the deal is with Target and toys in the Springs but it does suck. Walmart is a super close 2nd.

I for one can't wait for that Biker Scout Black series speeder bike to come out.

Reaction score
Has anybody seen the photomosaic Star Wars puzzles by Buffalo Games anywhere? I'm specifically looking for either the 1000 pc R2-D2 and the 750 pc 3' long Death Star lightsaber duel ones.

Reaction score
Finally found Proto Fett and Sandtrooper. Saw, but passed on Chewie.