Collector's medallions....?????

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s medallions....?????

I just wanted to post for our Euro collecting brethren who might feel left out without a Collecting Track promotion of their own. Many folks at the C4 panels got to see the CE medallion sample sets we debuted in the display cases in the panel room.

More information will become available as the event draws nearer, but Chuck over at Jeditemplearchives.com just did a nice write-up on them so have a look!

CE Medallions

-chris

Reaction score

I have a Death Squad Commander Medallion for trade.

I'd like to trade it for a figure, but may be open to trading for another Medallion or selling it.

PM me!

Reaction score

I managed to almost get a full set. I traded away my good extras outside the area to help others complete their sets, but it didnt get me anywhere. I have an extra Stormtrooper and R2, looking for a Han and a Chewie in return.

Any help would be great guys.

Rich

Reaction score

Wonder what a full complete set of these medallions will fetch on eBay. Somebody had a complete set listed for pre-sale before the con, and it sold for a whopping $600.

A nice addition to my collection, but too steep of a price tag if it approaches that $600 price point.

Reaction score

The last few sets to sell on Ebay have hit the $850 mark.
And with the actual rarity involved, I can only see them going higher from there.

Cheers
J

Reaction score

I've got a DS Commander for trade for one I might need. I also have a $50 Sideshow gift card I'd like to trade for coins I need. PM me.

Reaction score

richkulach said:
I managed to almost get a full set. I traded away my good extras outside the area to help others complete their sets, but it didnt get me anywhere. I have an extra Stormtrooper and R2, looking for a Han and a Chewie in return.

Any help would be great guys.

Rich
1 trade done, thanks Sebulba. Just need a Han, have an extra R2. PM or email me, I'm sure we can work something out. I also have a $10 and a $30 sideshow gift card I can include if need be. I won't be using them.

Rich

Reaction score

ChrisGeorgoulias said:
Nick_Macarty said:
If I'm not mistaken, it was your idea that saved the whole project in it's last moments.
Yes, it was definitely Philip and his laser cutter that saved the day! Nobody would believe the number of iterations we went through to get that display to turn out like it did. It was a collaborative effort between Nick, Philip, and myself that took weeks. The end product was worth it.

Philip, the demand for the full display was huge. I didn't want to announce it publicly, but I have a pile of emails just from word-of-mouth at the panels. Just be prepared to be inundated with requests on this.

-chris
Any chance we can get graphics to print out for the single coin holder?

Don

Reaction score

Don, there are no graphics for the single. We left that open to interpretation so people could put whatever they wanted in there. Some might have wanted a character name, or a C4 logo or whatever.

You can arrange the single so that the window is top or bottom, or you can put that mat in the middle and have no window at all.

-chris

Reaction score

I have a leia, looking for a Luke and I am DONE!!!!!!

Reaction score

Looking to complete my set and will buy or trade Vader or Jawa collector panel coin. I have an R2 that I can trade.

Reaction score

I got a Luke, Jawa, Ben, and DS Commander. The only one I wanted a Leia, but I think she was given out at the same time as the McQuarrie panel and I wanted the bookmark as well, so I missed out.

Reaction score

I had to resort to the eBay to finish my set
- no takers for selling or trading for anything other than other medallions. So I will have bought what I have needed before the night is over.

Guess I should feel lucky I only needed three to complete the set.

Reaction score

I still have a spare DS Commander medallion up for trade for another. PM me if interested.

Reaction score

Sad to see the sets of medallions being the main focal point of the CIV Collecting Panels, instead of the actual panel presenters and the great information they all provided during each panel session...

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Sad to see the sets of medallions being the main focal point of the CIV Collecting Panels, instead of the actual panel presenters and the great information they all provided during each panel session...
I enjoyed the collecting panels that I attended and I ended up attending quite a few instead of the other offerings at C4 due to the overlapping times, but as far as the medallions go we're collectors, on a collector's forum. Of course we are going to be focused on getting the free collectibles when offered to add to our collections that is by our nature.

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
I think the presenters probably enjoyed presenting to a packed house a lot more than they would have enjoyed presenting to an empty room or a handful of their friends.

Personally, I enjoyed the ones I went to...and the set of medallions I was able to build is a great reminder of that. These ended up being my favorite souveneir from C4.

Reaction score

Shadow said:
Jedi_Justin said:
I enjoyed the collecting panels that I attended and I ended up attending quite a few instead of the other offerings at C4 due to the overlapping times, but as far as the medallions go we're collectors, on a collector's forum. Of course we are going to be focused on getting the free collectibles when offered to add to our collections that is by our nature.
Couldn't have said it better. What were the panels about?... COLLECTING. What are the medallions?... COLLECTIBLES.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Shadow!

Reaction score

I enjoyed the panels very much. Getting a medallion for my collection was just a bonus.

Btw, before every panel someone made an announcement regarding the variability of receiving a medallion (given out at random, must be in a seat...), so there was an emphasis on them, but overall I thought the information conveyed in the panels was just as enjoyable as collecting the medallions.

They are fantastic keepsakes though.

Reaction score

Guys, it's OK to talk about the medallions instead of the panels. The panelists are collectors and we created the medallions which were meant to be a collecting task so it's all good. I'm glad that something associated with the Collecting Track has created such a buzz. It's pretty cool to have distributed, what many are considering, the exclusive of the convention.

-chris

iHu

Reaction score

Jedi_Justin said:
Well, I mean, the panels are over. This is what's going on now. Most of the people enjoyed the panels, form what I noticed.

Reaction score

My point was that I just figured there would be a little more talk on the actual material presented in the panels first, and then talk about the medallions. I unfortunately missed out on the Collecting Panels, so I was just looking for some fan insight from those who attended the panels as to how they were.

I'm not against discussing the medallions at all persay.

Reaction score

I wonder if the presenters would be willing to release their Powerpoint slides to the web (sorta like Hasbro did with their presentations). Most of them did more than just read their slides, but it would allow people who weren't there the opportunity to see some cool stuff just the same.

The humorous collectibles, bootlegs, international collectibles and coin panels all had slide decks with just a TON of pictures in them.

The Poster panel was one of those "you can only see it there" things, because the presenter actually brought all the posters to the convention himself.

iHu

Reaction score

I hope so too, and the rumor is they are or will be available online or on YouTube, if not in PP format. I'd personally like to dowload the PP presentations as well. I missed a couple panels and would like to catch up on them sometime.

Reaction score

Yes, put them on YouTube. The Powepoint transcripts will lack Duncan Jenkin's good sense of humor and comedic timing. That guy could do stand up if he wanted to.

Reaction score

Ill just throw this out there, but does anyone have any medallions they'd be willing to let go for less than the going eBay rate? I dont have any, so it doesnt matter which, I just can't afford $50-$60 a pop for these badboys.

Reaction score

ChrisGeorgoulias said:
Guys, it's OK to talk about the medallions instead of the panels. The panelists are collectors and we created the medallions which were meant to be a collecting task so it's all good. I'm glad that something associated with the Collecting Track has created such a buzz. It's pretty cool to have distributed, what many are considering, the exclusive of the convention.

-chris
The medallions were a great idea. Because of it I went to a panel to check it out (Action Figure Cardbacks) & I got a Leia medallion out of it
I wanted a whole set but didn't have the attention span to sit through 30 panels.

It was interesting. Before the panel I never really thought of the process on how one was made but now I'm more appreciative. Towards the end of the panel I felt like I was in a photography class lecture. It made me want to make my own Cardback though.

Is there going to be a Repeat at C5?

Reaction score

Loved the panels - and the medallions are ultra cool. By far the best of the CIV exclusives - that coming from a BF extremist who did get the GG animated BF.

That said - if we get a CV (hopefully) - I do hope that the panelists will decide to present again - or at least have others who can bring insight as they did to CIV.

Reaction score

JoshEEE said:
I wonder if the presenters would be willing to release their Powerpoint slides to the web (sorta like Hasbro did with their presentations). Most of them did more than just read their slides, but it would allow people who weren't there the opportunity to see some cool stuff just the same.

The humorous collectibles, bootlegs, international collectibles and coin panels all had slide decks with just a TON of pictures in them.

The Poster panel was one of those "you can only see it there" things, because the presenter actually brought all the posters to the convention himself.
Next time I talk to Tommy G.(unless he sees and replies in this thread) I'll see just which panels he got on video, and see what the possibility of some of them being put on Youtube is. As for the powerpoints,I can only speak for the 2 I have involvement in. We plan on reusing a good portion of the bootleg one for CE (some editing and adding just to change it up a bit), after that I don't see any reason not to post it somewhere accessible. Of course a look thru the SWCA or my Yahoo photos will yield a lot more depth than the overviews we gave on the various bootleg lines in the panel.

I hope that Tommy recorded the coin panel, as that's one I missed that I'd wanted to see. Mark introduced a more involved catagory system for the vintage POTF/Droids & Ewoks coins, I've yet to check out the changes.

Now back to your regularly scheduled talk of Medallions and Ebay.....

Cheers
J

Reaction score

Double post...sorry

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

JosephY said:
Next time I talk to Tommy G.(unless he sees and replies in this thread) I'll see just which panels he got on video, and see what the possibility of some of them being put on Youtube is.
Tommy is still on vacation I think so it may be a while.

JosephY said:
I hope that Tommy recorded the coin panel, as that's one I missed that I'd wanted to see. Mark introduced a more involved catagory system for the vintage POTF/Droids & Ewoks coins, I've yet to check out the changes.
That is one panel that I missed that I regretted. I heard Mark was trying to confuse things with a new catagory system and I am interested to hear more about it. It is a good thing that I haven't gotten heavily into the coins and memorized the old system.

Mike

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score

Michael_Ritter said:
JosephY said:
Next time I talk to Tommy G.(unless he sees and replies in this thread) I'll see just which panels he got on video, and see what the possibility of some of them being put on Youtube is.
Tommy is still on vacation I think so it may be a while.

JosephY said:
That is one panel that I missed that I regretted. I heard Mark was trying to confuse things with a new catagory system and I am interested to hear more about it. It is a good thing that I haven't gotten heavily into the coins and memorized the old system.

Mike
Tommy just walked in the door from his LA vacation, and will now be leaving on his NJ one.
I have a bunch of C4 stuff to work on, I haven't even uploaded my pics yet. It will be a few more days till I'm in NJ and have the internet running, and I'll start working on it.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure which panels I did or did not film. I tried to film the "collectible" related panels, and not always the "collector" related ones, if that makes any sense. I just simply did not have enough film, and getting up to plug in the camera batteries resulted in losing my seat and almost my medallion.

I know I did tape the Coins panel though.

Tommy

Reaction score

You have to show them Tommy, especially the Medallion one.

Oh, and the unproduced toy one if it's in the somewhere.

-Nick

Reaction score

Almost all of the panels were great. The Coin Panel was really good though.

If you ever seen how the US mint coin(s) are proceeded then you’ll have a general idea how the Kenner coins were done as its pretty much the same process from A to Z. But what was most impressive was seeing pics of the (I think) Snowtrooper coin production pieces. Hardcopy, softcopy, the dyes, etc in someones collection. Unbelievable.

Reaction score

Ed_N said:
But what was most impressive was seeing pics of the (I think) Snowtrooper coin production pieces. Hardcopy, softcopy, the dyes, etc in someones collection. Unbelievable.
That was Michael Mensinger's most impressive collection.

I too need to see some of the panels when Tommy gets time to come by my place this summer. I missed the poster one which I *really* wanted to see and I had to step out for a few minutes during the coin one so I'd like to see what I missed.

I loved the panels and I was so honored to be asked to participate. Glad to hear people liked our little bootleg talk. Looking forward to doing this again.

John

Reaction score

Who did the Vintage Toys Bootleg panel on Friday morning?

That was a great panel too - I think I learned the most from it due to a serve lack of knowledge about that bootleg collecting.

I missed the names however because a rude guy talking on the phone who kept jabbering about not getting a medallion the previous panel - I had to eventually get up and move to a different part of the room.

Reaction score

That one was one of my favorites also along with Vintage Toys From Around The World.

I know Joseph Yglesias was there and I believe John Alvarez and Ron Salvatore not 100% sure.

I am now going to branch into this area of vintage collecting and was also helped greatly by this panel.

The UZAY line from Turkey was really cool to see and the card backs that were shown with Chewbacca and Imperial Gunner were hilarious.

Reaction score

Just wanted to say to all the panelists that are participating in this thread that you guys did an awesome job!! I went to all but 3 or so, and it was very interesting to listen to and very informative! Although I may have missed out on other panels in other rooms, I'm very glad I went to the collector's panels. And I agree with others that the medallions were a plus on top of the panels and probably the best exclusive from CIV!! Thanks for the great job!!