Collector's medallions....?????

Reaction score
Collector\'s medallions....?????

Was able to get some yesterday at the Collector panel. Kind of crazy trying to get these. I may be interested in getting a set of them, as long as they aren't too expensive. Nothing has been posted online yet or on ebay about them.

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s medallions....?????

I have seen a R2-D2 medallion on ebay already.

Reaction score

I managed to get the whole set, but it was tough I have to say. These are awesome, and a great addition to my collection.

-Nick

Reaction score

I sat through 4 collectin panels (great info by the way) and only got a Han Solo coin - it any one has any for sale please PM me.

Thanks!

Reaction score

I've been able to get three different ones. Going tomorrow morning and trying to get anything else. I do have doubles but I want to wait and see if I can get any at tomorrow's panels.

Reaction score

I saw a bunch of people trading them right outside the collector's panel today. That might be your best spot to fill the holes in your set. If you have any that you would like to sell please keep me in mind

Reaction score

Nice man...those are great..I was going to go, but I really didnt want to stay in one room the whole day...

But again...sweet set..Its going to be worth a small fortune...

Reaction score

I have a spare Death Squad Commander medallion. Not interested in selling, but do want to trade it as an even swap for any of the others I don't have.

Reaction score

i am one short. i am looking to trade my r2-d2 for a vader one. if anyone wants to trade, shoot me a pm

Reaction score

I did pretty good today at the Collector Panel - they gave away the Vader and gave away some of the other medallions after the last panel. Just need to find three to complete my set - Death Squad Commanader, Luke, and Leia.

I wish I have other medalltions to trade but if anyone has one, two, or all three of those that they can part with please let me know. I have cash, ROTS galore, TSC, and some TAC - other stuff is open for trade as well.

Thanks!

Reaction score

Does anyone know where to get the nifty frame for the 12 coin set that they had in the display case in the collector panel room?

Reaction score

One of the panel members were selling them - Chris ???

I also heard something about RS offering the same coin holder - did anyone else hear anything about that?

Reaction score

I am missing luke, r-2 and threepio. I have an extra sandtrooper that I'm looking to trade for any of the ones I need.
I'm also willing to buy them, so shoot me a pm with your asking price.

Thanks!!

Reaction score

Nick_Macarty said:
I managed to get the whole set, but it was tough I have to say. These are awesome, and a great addition to my collection.

-Nick

How did you get Vader one day before it was handed out?

Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, how did some of you get "extras" to trade?

According to the posting outside the room, you had to be sitting to get a medallion. Plus, there was suppose to be enough for one per seat. That means if you were "honest" you kept one and passed the rest down the line. If any were left, you would naturally give it/them back to the person handing them out.

I know there were more than just the number of seats made b/c the people heading up the panels should get one. Plus, others involved with setting them up and such.

I did ,however, see several people at one panel get at least 2+ b/c the person handing them out wasn't paying attention to what he was doing.

Of course, I wish I could have gotten an extra here and there for trading but I didn't. Plus, I didn't want to take one away from someone else who attended the panel but was unable to get a medallion b/c of my thoughtlessness.

I got 4 of the medallions while attending some of the panels over the 5 days and was happy to receive them. If it is possible to purchase the other 8 later on to finish out my set, great. If not, I am still happy with what I received and enjoyed attending the panels.

Reaction score

I was able to buy some extras from people who wen't there for the Medallions or interested in collecting them. Those coins helped me complete a set through trading. One guy even gave me his Chewy coin even when I insisted on buying him lunch at least. He still refused the money and hooked me up with an extra for trades.

Some people were actually interested in the Panels and learning about cool aspects of the hobby. The panels were done GREAT and all kinds of cool information and funny stuff to see. My favorites were the Props, Funny Items, Disney, Interantional/bootlegs, Original Card Back design process and original alternate designs/proofs and Cast/crew items. Lots of good stuff.

I missed the Unproduced Toys on Monday because of the line to get into the show and just making may way to the Panel Room. Since there was expected to be the Vader Coin they filled the room and capped entry by 10:15 or so. It's too bad because I really wanted to get into this panel and the coin prevented me and several other loyal panel guys from getting in......Starting Panels at 10:00AM was a mistake because getting into the show and to the panel room by 10:20-10:30 was hard enough.

Reaction score

many people brought their wives and kids. for each family member in a seat = one medallion you received. I even saw someone get one for a new born in a stroller. the father pointed to the kid and asked the crew member about next generatiom getting their medallions.

in short you had people who didn't care about panels bringing the entire family to get medallions for trade

Reaction score

Can someone consolidate this thread with the other one that talks about the same. It'll make it easier for the trades taking place.

Reaction score

The collector's medallions was a fiasco! I saw whole families there also. I have to give the moderator's credit for what they did at the end of the program. Instead of taking the left over coins (there were leftovers because not all seats were filled at the panels where they gave out the coin. They then closed the doors during the trading session on Monday at noon. They asked who needed one to finish a set....gave them their coin and kicked them out. Then did it with people that needed two....gave them two (one time through the line each) then kicked them out. After that, they then lined up everybody that needed three and had them go through the line three times to select what they are looking for....ended up getting 11 out of 12 with two extras to trade....an obi and vader given to me by a friend....now, I'm looking for Leia and it is done....any help, PM me!

Reaction score

i really enjoyed the pannels i attended. my favorite were the poster and womens pannel, the vintage pannel on monday, collecting 101, and coin pannel. i missed the first pannel on monday. i got there at 1015am and they already closed the doors. i missed out on the vader medallion. if anyones needs an r2-d2 medallion, i am willing to trade for a vader.

Reaction score

JangosKid said:
many people brought their wives and kids. for each family member in a seat = one medallion you received. I even saw someone get one for a new born in a stroller. the father pointed to the kid and asked the crew member about next generatiom getting their medallions.

in short you had people who didn't care about panels bringing the entire family to get medallions for trade
In short if everyone was sitting in a chair and had a legitimate convention badge, they were equally entitled to receive a medallion when they were passed out. I got my two spares because my daughter was with me for those two times, nothing sinister or under handed about it.

Reaction score

Shadow said:
JangosKid said:

In short if everyone was sitting in a chair and had a legitimate convention badge, they were equally entitled to receive a medallion when they were passed out. I got my two spares because my daughter was with me for those two times, nothing sinister or under handed about it.
I saw people bring families who had no business in collector panels - they made their intentions obvious - they were there for medallions only. Some were just down right rude – talking on cell phones, talking in general, reading books or the morning paper, some were sleeping on and off.

I saw one man who had about 4 to 5 family members –supposed family members doing all of this. At the end of one panel that I was in with them - they all gave their medallions to him. At the end of another panel that did not give out medallions he was cussing up a storm. All of this made me sick to my stomach and I was embarrassed for the people around this family who had to endure all of those disruptions.

Do I think that everyone was this guy and his family? - No
Did I participate in panels that I might not have just to get a chance at a medallion? – Guilty – but I sat there and listened to presenter, did not disturb others sitting around me, and would have left if the room became full.

Bottom line to me (IMHO) is that if someone wanted to bring family in to try and get more medallions and the panel wasn’t going to be full – great and good for those people with the requirement to respect the others that might be there for something other than the medallions.

Reaction score

Simple, don't offer medallions for attending and only those who are actually interested in the panels will probably be the only ones attending. If you're offering free collectibles expect people to try to get them, especially other collectors.

I attended many of the panels, and had to forfeit attending other sessions that I would also have enjoyed due to conflicting time slots to do so.

Reaction score

Nick, it must have been tough all the way from the UK.

I managed 6 on my own, 3 from friends helping me out since I had work shifts in other areas of the convention and 3 on the Monday when they handed out extras. The real surprise was that Gus/Chris presented those of us who partook in a collector panel with a set of gold plated and framed ones. I was truly blown away.

John

Reaction score

metaphor said:
Does anyone know where to get the nifty frame for the 12 coin set that they had in the display case in the collector panel room?
If anybody wants to buy one of those email chris@toysrgus.com. I think the cost will be around $60 plus shipping and worth every penny. I'm getting a C4 and CE frame.

John

Reaction score

JangosKid said:

I also heard something about RS offering the same coin holder - did anyone else hear anything about that?
Chris worked with Philip on these so that's why both were/are selling them. A pretty well-known customizer from RS helped with the graphics too. There were also single coin holders. It was a nice group effort.

John

Reaction score

Sentinel18725 said:
The collector's medallions was a fiasco! I saw whole families there also. I have to give the moderator's credit for what they did at the end of the program. Instead of taking the left over coins (there were leftovers because not all seats were filled at the panels where they gave out the coin. They then closed the doors during the trading session on Monday at noon. They asked who needed one to finish a set....gave them their coin and kicked them out. Then did it with people that needed two....gave them two (one time through the line each) then kicked them out. After that, they then lined up everybody that needed three and had them go through the line three times to select what they are looking for....ended up getting 11 out of 12 with two extras to trade....an obi and vader given to me by a friend....now, I'm looking for Leia and it is done....any help, PM me!
"Fiasco" is probably too strong a word.

It definitely got a little hairy at times, and some people who some might consider underserving definitely scored some medallions.

But that's just the way it goes. You give out something nice, and people are going to try to get it. There's no way around that.

I will say that the way in which Gus handled distribution was about perfect. Considering the demand, there were *very* few big problems. I don't think this was anywhere near as problematic as, say, the Gentle Giant exclusives. And our medallions were free !

Reaction score

JohnA said:
JangosKid said:

Chris worked with Philip on these so that's why both were/are selling them. A pretty well-known customizer from RS helped with the graphics too. There were also single coin holders. It was a nice group effort.

John
The evolution of how it got to be a Frame, was devine intervention I think. Looking back, it was amazing how it turned out the way it did. Well done to verybody involved.

-Nick

Reaction score

JohnA said:
Nick, it must have been tough all the way from the UK.

I managed 6 on my own, 3 from friends helping me out since I had work shifts in other areas of the convention and 3 on the Monday when they handed out extras. The real surprise was that Gus/Chris presented those of us who partook in a collector panel with a set of gold plated and framed ones. I was truly blown away.

John
It was indeed John, lucky my Ship was in orbit with it's own beaming technology.

I can't wait to see the Gold medallions, especially in the frame. Come on Chris, the suspense is too much for me here.

-Nick

Reaction score

Nick_Macarty said:
I can't wait to see the Gold medallions, especially in the frame. Come on Chris, the suspense is too much for me here.
-Nick
Your wish is my command:

Reaction score

Arrhhhh man, that looks fantastic!!

It's better than I imagined for sure, and makes a superb conversation piece.

Thanks for posting the pic, truly impressive!

-Nick

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score

I made the single and 12 medallion set frames.

I think they sold all the 12 medallion frames at the show, not sure about the singles.

I'll put the details online as soon as I have them, but it's probably going to be $75 per 12 medallion holder.

Reaction score

Philip_Wise said:
I made the single and 12 medallion set frames.

I think they sold all the 12 medallion frames at the show, not sure about the singles.

I'll put the details online as soon as I have them, but it's probably going to be $75 per 12 medallion holder.
Awesome work Phillip!

If I'm not mistaken, it was your idea that saved the whole project in it's last moments.

-Nick

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to attend any of the Collector Panels. I was either attending a different panel/event during that time, or the lines to get in were too long.

Bummer...

Reaction score

Here's my medallion story:

I was present at most of the Panels on Saturday, Sunday and Monday (there were only 2 on Monday). Friday I missed completely. On my own, I was able to score Luke, Jawa, Death Squad Commander, Sand People, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Han Solo and Vader. I acquired the missing ones through a variety of means:

My buddy won the trivia contest at one of the Trivia Panel (and he won a complete set of medallions), so he was kind enough to give me his extra two (a Jawa and a Luke). I ended up giving the extra Luke to a friend who had expressed interest in having a medallion (he was running one of the booths so he couldn't attend any of the panels). So I had one extra left (Jawa) that I was able to trade (for a Leia).

Another buddy gave me his R2 medallion because he only had a few and knew I was close to completing the set. That just left Obi-Wan and Threepio.

After the very last panel on Monday, Gus Lopez asked if anyone was missing one or two coins to complete the set. Everyone formed an orderly line and a guy would stamp your hand after you picked up whatever coins you were missing (if they were still available - I believe Leia and Sand People were gone or close to gone). Gus handed me a Threepio and an Obi-Wan and I was one happy SW geek.

I definitely want one of the coin holders (they look like a vintage store display and they hold all 12 medallions - very cool), so hopefully they will be made available soon. Chris was sold out of the ones he brought to the show.

-Snags

Reaction score

Nick_Macarty said:
If I'm not mistaken, it was your idea that saved the whole project in it's last moments.
Yes, it was definitely Philip and his laser cutter that saved the day! Nobody would believe the number of iterations we went through to get that display to turn out like it did. It was a collaborative effort between Nick, Philip, and myself that took weeks. The end product was worth it.

Philip, the demand for the full display was huge. I didn't want to announce it publicly, but I have a pile of emails just from word-of-mouth at the panels. Just be prepared to be inundated with requests on this.

-chris

Reaction score

One thing needs to be clarified on the medallions. We had 350 sets geared for distribution at the event. We were shorted some medallions and we had to give some as gift sets to people at LFL and others affiliated with the program. On top of that we had sets for sponsors who contributed to make the program a reality.

The total production run was not 350 sets. There are actually 500 sets in existence.

-chris

Reaction score

I just wanted obi-wan, and i told my carpool people that, but they have a kid, an only child, and on the last day, when they were just giving out the coins, they got three coins. They got a Han, Chewie, and an obi. But the obi wasnt for me, it was for their kid! he doesnt even like obi-wan, and he just got one to make me jealous! talk about friends. and im the same age as their kid. He only wanted Han Solo, but he got obi-wan just to rub it in my face. and they didnt even call us when they found out they were giving them out, its like they didnt want us to have one! and im so nice to them too! i gave them a lot of han solo things, and i dont get one thing back.
I really, really hate them. Ive been dealing with them for a couple years, and they just really crossed the line this time. and they are so mean too! his mom was in the artist alley, and when she saw the prints she would be right in front of the artist and say something like Oh, too expensive, Oh his face is funny, and Wow, he has a weird neck. Right in front of the artists! Negative, negative, negative. and theyre so greedy! they hoard everything, theyre not scalpers, but i think theyre worse, they take everything, and just keep it in their attic. and at the hotel we were staying at, at the free breakfasts, they just took like a dozen of those little cereal boxes! theyre so weird.

I may be over-reacting, but they are really, for lack of a better word, butt-holes.

so if anyone has an Obi-Wan for sale, contact me, please. I really dont want to pay eBay prices for it.

Reaction score

I missed out on a few and also just missed the passing out of the extras. i did manage to land 8 of the medallions even without a seat filler kid;
looking for R2D2- Leia- Luke and Stormtrooper...

Reaction score

I am looking for a Leia coin also - if anyone has one, let me know your demands!