Collector's Edition: February / March 2012

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

The ForceCast Collectors Edition is back once again with a recap of the UK's Episode I premiere, an exclusive interview with Greg Craft from Gentle Giant Ltd., and Steve Sansweet is back again with his regular segment, this time focusing on Episode I merchandise from around the world! Dan & James also break down all of the Toy Fair reveals from Hasbro, LEGO, Diamond, Kotobukiya, Jazwares, Uncle Milton, Funko, and more! Plus, a quick review of the latest toys being found in stores and a special announcement at the end of the show.

Click here to listen!

ForceCast T-shirts:
Order yours today!

ForceCast Podcast Mobile Apps:
Have the entire ForceCast archives at your fingertips, plus bonus shows and exclusive content!
Download for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
Download for Android OS Devices (running 2.1 or higher)

Direct Download:
Download the show directly to your PC or Mac here

Take Our Survey
Help us get to know you better by answering a few questions about yourself, how you listen, likes, dislikes... we want to know it all!
Standard Survey
Abbreviated Version

Listen to The ForceCast: LIVE
Be part of the action Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET only at ForceCast.Net!

Reaction score
Thanks for the TF breakdown, interviews and reflections guys. I've been anticipating the discussion and enjoyed it.

On hearing that James will be leaving the show, it is my sincere hope that Dan will continue to bring us the Collectors' Casts with a new collaborator. The show is fun and informative and has a niche to occupy. While I appreciate there is so much that happens behind the scenes to create a show like this and losing a key contributor can potentially make it very difficult to continue, speaking purely from a self-interested listener's perspective, the loss of a co-host need not and should not mean a show must die. The show could be just as strong or stronger with another co-host, obviously assuming that someone can also fill the essential and invisible behind the scenes producing roles as well. I'd hope there is someone or a combination of someones out there in the collecting community able to step up to fulfill that role and support Dan Curto to ensure that the show continues. I'd do it myself if it made any kind of sense. I'm just hoping that James's departure doesn't mean the end of the Collector Casts. I may be way off base here, and forgive me if this comes out wrong, but this needn't be the James and Dan show, without each of whom it cannot continue, if that makes sense. I am hoping it will go on and be defined not by its hosts, but by the excellent content.

Thanks to you both and please keep 'em coming Dan.

Reaction score
Really been enjoying the show! Sorry to hear it's the end of the Burns and Curto show. When will the auditions for a new co-host begin? :ninja:

Reaction score
Really been enjoying the show! Sorry to hear it's the end of the Burns and Curto show. When will the auditions for a new co-host begin? :ninja:

Great show as always. I really look forward to the these. I was bummed to hear James was leaving. The tone in his voice gave me the impression he didn't want to leave. Thanks James and Dan for all the great shows. Anyone know if either will continue to pod cast anywhere else?

Reaction score
Just a heads up, its still not showing up in itunes to download for me yet... I will listen on the Forcecast.net. :)

Reaction score
james and dan are gone so does that mean the collector shows are finished as well? :(

Reaction score
james and dan are gone so does that mean the collector shows are finished as well? :(

I would have to assume as much. From the last few minutes of the show, Dan made it seem like the show would continue, BUT now that he is gone as well, I don't see who would be left to host it.

Does anyone know what happened?

Reaction score
Maybe this situation is why there wasn't a regular ForceCast this week...

Reaction score
Maybe this situation is why there wasn't a regular ForceCast this week...
They recorded a show. Daniel Logan was being interviewed when the show went black about 15 minutes in. Maybe they did not finish recording the whole show for some reason. A word from above would be nice. Eric? Jimmy, Jason? whatsa the sitchuaation?

A communications disruption can mean only one thing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They recorded a show. Daniel Logan was being interviewed when the show went black about 15 minutes in. Maybe they did not finish recording the whole show for some reason. A word from above would be nice. Eric? Jimmy, Jason? whatsa the sitchuaation?

A communications disruption can mean only one thing.
INVASION ! ! ! ! ! !

Damn Martians...

Reaction score
It is too bad that the Collector's Cast has ended this incarnation. James and Dan really presented the show as to down to earth collectors talking about the toys and goodies that make collecting fun. Neither came across as elite collectors who have every collectible in the most pristine condition or the most expensive items and how great that $$$$ item is that the average person would not be able to afford or procure. I will miss listening to the Collector Cast. Hopefully, if it carries on the next host will have the comfortable feel of an average collector talking about the toys and treasures that make collecting fun. To Dan and James if you're reading. All the best. You will be missed.

Reaction score
I must have misunderstood this from the start, I didn't realize the guys were doing this as part of a job! I thought the ForceCast Podcasts were fan based, volunteer gigs. Though, the creeping 'sponsors' in the Weekly FC and the CWRT now had me questioning.

Reaction score
I must have misunderstood this from the start, I didn't realize the guys were doing this as part of a job! I thought the ForceCast Podcasts were fan based, volunteer gigs. Though, the creeping 'sponsors' in the Weekly FC and the CWRT now had me questioning.
I don't think they actually get paid. Jason and Jimmy talk all the time about doing the show because they want to, and they enjoy it. The RS team might get some "perks" Like their admission to Celebrations covered by Mr. Wise, but I don't even know for sure about that. The Sponsorship you speak of is simply because they are all entities of Philip Wise. He fronts the money to keep the podcasts going, I think. As well as the adds for audible.com and bigbadtoystore.com.

The Forcecast did not have a show last week due to technical problems. The same thing happend tonight, with audio for the live show, but it WAS recorded, and will be released.

Reaction score
The ForceCast Collector's Edition show with myself and James is now over.

There may very well be more FCCE shows in the future, but sadly, neither one of us will be involved.
This is not to say you have heard the last from us, but I can't talk about that yet. I wish I could, but I am sworn to secrecy.

I want to thank Jason & Jimmy for pairing us up at Celebration V, and we did a LOT of long hours and...thanks to different timezones...complex shows, as well as bring you a few interviews with some well-known collectors. We had plans to do a lot more, but those plans are now on hold.

Big thanks to Steve Sansweet for joining us for a monthly segment. I can listen to that man read the phone book, he is always so captivating and engaging. You can tell he's a true fan at heart, and his passion for collecting is infectious.

Also a special thanks to our guests...Derryl DePriest, Kyle Newman, Jimmy Mac, Paul Nicolsi, Heather Buckley, Adam May, Chris Spice, Paul Harrison, Paul Cotcher, Sean Williams, Jay Shepard, Chris Wyman, Ashley Eckstein, Warwick Davis, Anthony Daniels, James Arnold Taylor, Matt Bischof, Eric Geller, Gus Lopez, Duncan Jenkins, Spencer Brinkerhoff, Teresa Delgado, Anne Neumann, Greg Craft, and huge thanks to Justin LaSalata, who became the "Matt Damon" of our show, since we kept bumping his own collector spotlight! Plus, various licensed companies we talked to and fellow fans we met at shows. It's been a blast!

I also want to thanks Jason Swank, who originally reached out to me years ago about coming onto the ForceCast to discuss the "Hasbro Greatest Hits Poll" that I ran to determine what became the 2007 Saga Legends Fans' Choice lineup. We've had a lot of fun times over the years my friend, and there have been a lot of jokes at my expense!...but I've always enjoyed our friendship, and I look forward to seeing you guys at Celebration VI!

Last edited:
Reaction score
so this show is dead? that's sad. what's your secret project Dan? creating your own podcast and website?

Reaction score
Nice to get the little surprise bonus podcast this week Dan and James.

Best of luck for the future guys. :)

At the end of the podcast, they make a reference to a "situation" they don't want to discuss with the "other show". I guess even the podcasting world is not immune to politics and drama. Whatever went on, I will certainly miss these guys being a regular part of happenings at FC.net

I have a tough time getting over this stuff ~ I STILL miss hearing Pete on the regular show. Come back, Pete!

Reaction score
Yes, it was great hearing Dan and James on SWAN this week. Here's hoping they are able to continue their collaborations in some format in the not-too-distant future and that we get a new FCCE, as well. Best wishes to Dan and James, with whatever life hands you next. Your efforts and contributions are appreciated by the fans!

Reaction score
Weird how things change, I thought the swan pod cast was an April fools joke at first. I guess will have to just stay tooned in to find how it will all play out.

Reaction score
I enjoyed listening to the new collectors cast as well. I find it weird though that no one is saying what happened. Why would they leave to a new show with virtually the same format for nothing? Does anyone know what's going on!