Collector's Collection Spotlight!

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s Collection Spotlight!

Most of my collection is put away since I'm moving at the end of this month, but I was taking inventory so I shot some pics of some of my Deluxes and Basics. It doesn't show anything from Classics or the Movie or any of my Terrorcon army.

This is my small display of Optimus Prime figures.

After I move and set up my entire collection, I'll take some more snapshots.

Reaction score

I.. uh... good lord...
That's amazing!
I feel like just a small time collector now :p

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Darth_Soundwave's collection is now on CTR's front page. Anyone else interested in having their collections posted just needs to email me images...

Reaction score

I love that collection. One of my favs. I would show off mine but its all in storage, as I suffer from the lack of space syndrome.

Reaction score

I finally got some shelves up at the new place.

GNT

Reaction score

Nice pics LandoGriffin, it's good to see some new collection pictures in here.

Reaction score

I don't have as big of a collection as most of you guys but here are some pics I took before I moved in Nov. '08. I'll have to pull some stuff out of storage and post some newer pics when I get a chance w/ some of the stuff I've bought since then.

GNT

Reaction score

It doesn't have to be a mamoth collection to be impressive, I love the last picture with all the G1 characters. Nice collection Echoplex.

Reaction score

GNT said:
It doesn't have to be a mamoth collection to be impressive, I love the last picture with all the G1 characters. Nice collection Echoplex.
Thank you, I've got some more encore and G1 TF universe figures since I moved, so like I said I want to update these pics when I get a chance.

Reaction score

I was in Chicago a couple of days ago so I stopped by an IKEA to get a display case for my Transformers. I got a Billy case with the optional glass doors and extra glass shelves. I had hoped that I might be able to fit all or most of my stuff in it, but no dice. I couldn't fit any of the Universe or movie stuff, and some other bigger figures like Unicron. But it's a start. I'd probably need one more of these to get everything in, but I don't really have the room.

Reaction score

how do you post pics so that they are bigger?

Reaction score

icruise said:
I was in Chicago a couple of days ago so I stopped by an IKEA to get a display case for my Transformers. I got a Billy case with the optional glass doors and extra glass shelves. I had hoped that I might be able to fit all or most of my stuff in it, but no dice. I couldn't fit any of the Universe or movie stuff, and some other bigger figures like Unicron. But it's a start. I'd probably need one more of these to get everything in, but I don't really have the room.

Nice, I have 3 Billy sets ups just like yours with glass doors and shelves. Funny how a $60 Billy cabinet goes up to over $200 with the add ons. I have all my GG busts in those and I have my MP transformers in Detolfs. Good idea on the bolting to the wall. You know as well as I do if you didn't the case tips forward with the heavy glass doors!

Reaction score

I opened up my SDCC Blaster today and put him on display with the rest of my '84-'85 Autobots. Now I just need the Dinobots and Omega Supreme to finish up my Autobot collection.

Reaction score

Thanks, you guys are too kind. Here's an updated pic of the SDCC Blaster I got w/ G1 Rewind who I just picked up off eBay next to TRU Soundwave and his cassettes.

Reaction score

Here are my latest pics. Sorry for the poor quality pics as I did this pretty quick. I'm no purist so my G1 collection is a mixture of vintage and re-issues. All are 100% complete except my Thrust is missing one missle.

G1 Optimus Prime

1984 Autobots

'85-'86 Autobots

'84-'85 Decepticons

1986 Decepticons

Altenators

G1 Classics

Reaction score

Ive died & gone to TRANSFORMER heaven! Incredible! I luv your collections everyone. I should post mine. Got rid of alot but still have some keepers

Reaction score

Awesome displays for my bigger transformers for example jetfirfe I keep him in jet mode because i'm afraid he will fall. ultra magnus i keep in powered up robot form because he stands up well.

Reaction score

I really hate that I lost my Gen1's in a house fire years ago. I loved those figures, but looking back at the pictures posted just reminds me of how cheesy some of the figures were. Seriously, look at Megatron when he first came out, those legs are terrible. I really miss the Aerialbots and combaticons, Jetfire was a great figure too. I would hate to go and look on ebay as to what those would cost me now.
Thanks for the pics guys, it brings back great memories

Reaction score

It sucks you lost yours in a house fire. I wish I had mine still. I would have sold them to make some money when I am imbetween jobs. I only have a few left. I might have to sell my MP Prime.

Reaction score

No worries, it happens...
It is funny though to look back on gen 1s now and see how chessy they look though. I mean, Ironhide, really??? Great to see how the new advancements in technology can make great figures.

Reaction score

I think they could have made Ironhide and Ratchet to look like the cartoon but they didnt until now. I think G1 did better than any of the other toy lines that came out afterwards.

Reaction score
I recently picked up a extra Combiner Wars Rodimus the other day and decided to make him more battle worn and not so clean and shiny. I always felt that the Transformers should have had more wear and tear from battling!

all the details were basically a simple Sharpie Marker.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've recently be having what I like to call "Toy Therapy" (basically after a long day to relax I play with my toys lol). so I was going through some boxes the other night and found some old school Go-Bots from my childhood and set up this little display... the background is the Extreme Sets - Command Center.

This is called : "UGH... who invited the Go-Bots?"

Last edited: