Collector Fleet

Reaction score
Hey, who here has one of the ships from the collector fleet? I've got the Rebel Blockade Runner and just bought the Imperial Star Destroyer. These things are great, how come no one seems to ever talk about or look for them?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have both the Rebel Blockade Runner and the Star Destroyer unopened in mint boxes. I am forever searching for the Super Star Destroyer. I love these ships though....it was a great idea. I wish they'd do something like this again with some of the larger ships...like Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Reaction score
I actually saw the super star destroyer on ebay sold for 150, a little too expensive for me, but they ususally go for well above 200. I just hope i get lucky one day and score one under 100.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rc11214 said:
I actually saw the super star destroyer on ebay sold for 150, a little too expensive for me, but they ususally go for well above 200. I just hope i get lucky one day and score one under 100.
Well, the problem with me finding one is that I only collect mint unopened things, so finding an unopened mint box is going to be very hard to do, especially for under $200 unless I run into a kind collector trying to help another collector out.

Reaction score
LOL I think the one I saw WAS unopened Mint, or so the ad claimed

Reaction score
You know what would make the Super Star Destroyer even better? If you have or can get your hands on a bunch of the Titanium 3'' Imp Star Destroyers you could just have them all around the SSD. It'd look awesome!

Zam

Reaction score
I actually passed up a Super Star Destroyer in 1998- seen it for about 3 weeks at a local Kay-Bee. Kept saying I was going to get it because I had the other 2 ships-but I waited too long and it was gone?? such regrets!

Reaction score
Well at least you saw one, I didn't even know about the Collector fleet back then! But darn, I wish they'd come out with something like that again. I don't understand why they don't, I mean it'd sell out right away, everyone would want one methinks.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rc11214 said:
Well at least you saw one, I didn't even know about the Collector fleet back then! But darn, I wish they'd come out with something like that again. I don't understand why they don't, I mean it'd sell out right away, everyone would want one methinks.
I think you are correct sir.

Reaction score
Rc11214 said:
Hey, who here has one of the ships from the collector fleet? I've got the Rebel Blockade Runner and just bought the Imperial Star Destroyer. These things are great, how come no one seems to ever talk about or look for them?
They may not be spoken about here but they are in the action fleet forum from time to time. Probably if you do a search you will find threads covering them.

Ive got all three, but i bought them with boxes but opened because they are such great items they just deserve to be shown off. Except for the blue top on the SSD which is a bit weird!

I think i picked up the SSD for about AUD$50 about 2 yrs back...was pretty happy with that!

Reaction score
Lucky you! I don't care if I get mine open box or mint unopened, because I take them out and display them. I'm suppose to get my Star Destroyer via mail this week, can't wait to put it on my shelf.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
I got my SSD back from KB when it first came out. The funny thing was that it sat around the store for months before I finally broke down and bought it. With the glut of Blockade Runners and Star Destroyers, I don't think anyone anticipated how rare that piece would be. And I still don't understand why they went with that aweful blue on the SSD.

Mike

Reaction score
Well they might've gone w/ the blue because it'd look good under certain lighting conditions? Haven't seen one in real life yet, so hard to tell for me. Pictures look alright though. I can always take it off your hands if you don't want it

Reaction score
I remember stacks and stacks of the Super Star Destroyers in my KB overstocks. Of course I never bought any. Gaahhhhh

Reaction score
Just got my Star Destroyer via mail today, It looks SO much better than the blockade runner.

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of the Super Star Destroyer, with something else on the picture to get an idea of the scale?

Reaction score
I got a couple of each from KB for $9.99. I would like to see Republic Star Destroyers and Republic Assault Ships in this scale. I hope they take notice people wanting these and produce more. They have the molds so star making them.

Reaction score
501stcommander said:
I got a couple of each from KB for $9.99. I would like to see Republic Star Destroyers and Republic Assault Ships in this scale. I hope they take notice people wanting these and produce more. They have the molds so star making them.
$9.99? A couple of each? Are we talking about the same thing here?

Reaction score
We are talking about the same thing. The Collectors Fleet with electronic sonnds and lights.My local KB blew these out at cleance prices.I was around the same time they cleranced out the AT-AT.Those were $20.

Reaction score
Wow you got really lucky. You still keep them around? Or did you sell them off for a nice profit?

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Well, the problem with me finding one is that I only collect mint unopened things, so finding an unopened mint box is going to be very hard to do, especially for under $200 unless I run into a kind collector trying to help another collector out.
Problem is, they came with batteries installed and we're pushing ten years since their release. If it's sealed, there's a good chance the batteries already have or certainly will render the electronics useless and possibly go on to further damage the toy/box.
I got extremely lucky and got one on Ebay with a BIN of $30, the original retail price (non-clearance at KB anyway, the sticker was still on it), around 2002. I knew it was rare/expensive but was still surprised to find out that they occasionally topped $300.
It was still sealed, and the electronics still worked, but I (*gasp*) opened it to remove the batteries when I had to put it in storage for an unknown length of time (about 2 years ago now). Better to have an opened functional one than a ruined sealed one IMO.

Reaction score
Rc11214 said:
Just got my Star Destroyer via mail today, It looks SO much better than the blockade runner.
yeah, I know. It's pretty sweet. Not that I have one mind you

Reaction score
I sold all three mint in unopened boxes about 2 years ago. I think i got $600 for the lot. I still have a blockade runner and a star destroyer somewhere, but i remember i did have these on display. I originally bought the SSD for $60 on ebay, many many moons ago.

Reaction score
I have the STAR DESTROYER hanging from the ceiling in a corner of the room while my hanging Millenium Falcon duels it out with some TIE FIGHTERS...the cool thing is that when you stand in a certain part of the room, the perspective looks like the SD is way in the background while the other ships are up close...I was trying to make the escape from ESB...

Reaction score
They go for way too much money which is why I think people don't talk about them that much but I also think that a lot of collectors are into the figures only. I know a lot of collectors like this and I ask "How could this be?" Playsets and vehicles were essential when I was kid. What good is Luke without an X-Wing? I'm glad Hasbro will give us new vehicles but I'm really upset that they have no plans for playsets or reusing the old Kenner molds for playsets. How cool would it be to have a newer Dagobah playset.

Reaction score
I recently got a Rebel Blockade Runner - I think its pretty good in comparison to the Star Destroyer, which is a good ship as well.

Considering the lack of Tantive IV or Blockade Runners that have been produced, I was mighty glad to get my paws on the Collector Fleet version when it came up.

Reaction score
A few months ago i won a loose collector fleet star destroyer
on ebay for 10 dollars with shipping. The sound was weak, so
i changed the batteries, and now it sounds really good..
If only the super star destroyer was that easy to acquire!

Reaction score
Thats a great idea!

And they could also release a Venator-Class SD, a medical frigate, an Aclaimator-Class transport, a Droid control ship, and a death-star!

Those would kick!