Collecting Stores?

Reaction score
Hey, Post the Collectible toy stores you go to here, here are the ones I go to.

The Cincinnati Sci-Fi (PM me For Directions)
The Earth Toy Mall (PM me for site URL)

Reaction score
The Earth is really the only place I go. Somtimes I will hit a store called the Great Escape when I am in Louisville, but other than that, I don't really hit collecting stores. Last time I was in Cincinnati Sci-Fi they had a whole lot of nothing and the place was in total chaos. But that has been years now.

I like comic shops.

Reaction score
Dave from Cincinnati Sci-fi is a *******. I wouldn't go there for anything. Even if they had last 17 for 1.99 each. Yes it's that bad.

Reaction score
Buzzzzzz said:
Dave from Cincinnati Sci-fi is a jackass. I wouldn't go there for anything. Even if they had last 17 for 1.99 each. Yes it's that bad.
What did he do?! I don't have too much of a problem with the people there. It's fun to watch the nerds play "Yugioh" and "DBZ" and some of the other TCG Crap, they look so stupid!

"I PLAY RAINBOW MONKEY!!!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THERE GOES MY LIFE POINTS!!!"

Reaction score
Hello all...New Guy here. I was told of this forum by a buddy and find it quite informative. I am not new to the figure hunt, though. Anyone looking to trade Star Wars for Marvel Legends or the new F4 series, then I am your guy. I need Series 10, 11, & 12 if you have them. My Star Wars collection is limited though it goes back a few years. Let me know what you may need and I may have it. Later Taters...R.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
After many years of searching hi and lo if I absolutely need anything vintage, I go to the Earth. kathy and her crew are top notch, honest and very knowledgable about what they have in stock. The pricing and grading is fair as well.

Reaction score
For anyone that cares, I work at Traders World in consessions and I talk to the SW vendors regularly. Its a good place to go if your looking for newer stuff, but POTF2-Saga there isnt much selection. One guy has a good amount of vintage, but the prices are pretty high.

cCc

Reaction score
Dustin said:
After many years of searching hi and lo if I absolutely need anything vintage, I go to the Earth. kathy and her crew are top notch, honest and very knowledgable about what they have in stock. The pricing and grading is fair as well.
I actually agree. Whenever I go to the Cincinnati Sci-Fi, no one knows anything about the Star Wars stuff, and they're stuff's just piled all over the place. And they have absolutely no idea where anything is. One time, I hid a figure, hoping to get it later, and 2 months later, I came back, and it was still there. And then, they also have random eBay stuff, like you'll be going through some stuff, and they'll yell at you.

I'd prefer The Earth...

Reaction score
Cincinnati Sci-Fi is a joke. If it wasn't for Pokemon cards a few years back this place would be out of business

Reaction score
i'm passing through on a month business trip and staying up NE near the Fields Ertel Target...are these smaller shops anywhere close?

Reaction score
Soja_Rinn said:
i'm passing through on a month business trip and staying up NE near the Fields Ertel Target...are these smaller shops anywhere close?
The Fields Ertel area really only normal retail stores. But you could head up I-75 which is about 10 minutes west of Fields Ertel then you could hit one of our 2 flea markets, Trader's World and Turtle Creek. TW has one booth that it very good for high-end collectibles, Gentle Giant etc.

You could go to The Earth which would be straight down the interstate from FE. Take I-71 about 20 mins south.

Reaction score
thanks! may have to head out there this weekend...what else is there to do in Cincy? my wife and i are already thinking about the Bourbon Trail and aquarium, but are always up for more ideas..

Reaction score
Soja_Rinn said:
thanks! may have to head out there this weekend...what else is there to do in Cincy? my wife and i are already thinking about the Bourbon Trail and aquarium, but are always up for more ideas..
The Aquarium is cool. There is also the museum center which is the natural history museum and the historical society under one roof. The building looks like the Hall of Justice from Super Friends. If you go to the aquarium there are a few places to eat and shop right down there next to it. There is also a movie theatre in the same location.

Reaction score
I really, really miss the Earth. I'm rebuilding a collection, and it would be nice to be able to go there to get old figures. I did drop about $400.00 there a week before they closed. I know they are still online, but it's not the same...

Reaction score
Hello all...

I live in Indianapolis and love hitting The Earth when I'm down in Cincy, and just realized from their website that their retail site had closed! What happened? That place was open for years! I agree with the previous post. Thank God they're still online, but it just isn't the same. That place was like a shrine to your childhood imagination. My wife wasn't super-excited when I first brought her to the store, but she started throwing down cash over Strawberry Shortcake toys!

If any of The Earth crew is reading this I hope the new business model without the retail overhead is going well. We REALLY miss the store but glad you're still chugging along on the internet. The collecting community needs more dealers like you who honor fair pricing and excellent customer service.

BTW, their mail order system is top notch. I placed an order and got my shipment in Indy the next day!!!

So does anyone have the inside scoop on this?

Thanks,

Bret