Collectible counting??

Reaction score
So a relative was doing research for a college class. Part of the class is to interview a collector. I was asked how many pieces are in my collection.
Now here is were I need help. How do you count your collection? If you have a card set, is it 1 piece or a hundred? What if it's missing a card? Or if you have 3 figs in a box set is it 1 or three(what if it's open)
. Now I admit I have a bit of OCD, and I'm proably reading too much in to this, but it will be fun to see what everyone thinks.

Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Count everything individually if it stands alone.
If its an open 3 pack or something count that as one item even tho there are 3 figures involved.

Cheers.

Reaction score
I haven't really counted I find it much easier to catalogue things as I get them for a couple reasons. One I can keep track of what I have so much easier than searching through years of stuff
. Two my insurance company needs complete and updated lists so they can adjust my premiums accordingly. Sorry got a little off track there. If/when I catalogue a card set I usually say I have 1 complete set of 200 cards, sub-sets are added accordingly. Same with figures if it's say an evolution set. I say I have 1 evolution set of 3 figures. I hope it helps.

Reaction score
Just count items as items ... so a three pack is one item !!!

But if the question was specifically how many figures then count all of them !!!

If that makes sense ??? Hope it does !