"Collect to Collect:" More than a Motto

Reaction score
\"Collect to Collect:\" More than a Motto

Hey guys,

Had an incredible experience tonight and, while I was not going to post about it until the morning, I just couldn't wait. I also hope this doesn't come across as "tooting my own horn" for that is not the purpose. Those who know me and have had dealings with me know my actions and intent are for the good of others (I am also a pastor by profession so, as you can imagine, pride is a no-no
wink.gif
).

I have been collecting Star Wars for 10 years now. With the POTF2 collection released in 1995, I now have every figure released by Kenner/Hasbro, save one (freeze frame Weequay). It comes to nearly 600 carded figures at last count (my collection is featured here on RS - Greg & Joshua Mansur; Yuba City, CA).

A few years ago I picked up an AOTC Anakin FX and became totally enamored by prop replicas. While my MR collection consists of only the 2 EEs, the FXs, and the Minis, I love all things MR. I had the privilege of attending the MR Party at CIII (thanks to our own Philip Wise) and I just really respect the people at the top (and meeting Amy in person was AWESOME!
grin.gif
).

OK, so flash forward to tonight. I took my family to the California State Fair and there was a Star Wars "exhibit" by one of our local shops, Stage Nine. They earlier had Jeremy Bulloch and Peter Mayhew in for autograph sessions and they're just an overall neat outfit.

The bulk of their exhibit was items for sale. They had a TON of merchandise, some of it several years old, some of it very new. The prices range from good to ok to bad, depending on what you're after. The real high point is the selection. They had just about anything you could imagine from every phase of SW collecting - it was just an amazing sight.

So I'm walking around and see a bunch of MR items. Immediately catching my eye were the ROTS minis. Since I had yet to get the Yoda and Sidious, I was like, "Score!" Then I saw the price was $50 each. Uh, pass . . . . I can do better somewhere else. The salesperson saw me checking them out and said, "hey, those are 50% off." That changed my attitude considerably and I immediately grabbed a Sidious.

Then I opened it . . . . and it was GOLD. I thought, "holy cow, I can't believe there is a gold Sidious just sitting out here!" So as I went to pick up a Yoda, I thought, "what the heck, might as well check." After looking at 3 or 4, sure enough, I found a GOLD one. Now, these weren't shrink-wrapped or anything - they were just sitting on the shelf. Absolutely amazing . . . . I grabbed 2 golds and 2 regulars and went on my way.

The kicker is . . . . I don't collect the gold/smoked chrome/chrome/whatever variants of the minis. So after a few hours of walking around the Fair with my wife and kids thinking about what I was going to do ("just how much would these go for on eBay?" I wondered), I've decided to off them up here, at cost, to fellow Scummers.

That's right, a GOLD Sidious and a GOLD Yoda - $30 each shipped to your door (cost - $25, USPS shipping and insurance - $5).

I've been doing this collecting thing for a long time. And I have been the recipient of many great deals from fellow collectors through the years. So this is my way of reciprocating. I think the SW collecting community is one of the best around. I'm sure there are plenty of horror stories out there; I know we've even had our share on this very board. But this is my way of saying that "collect to collect" is more than a motto.

OK, so here are the specifics. Obviously you need to PM me if you're interested. I am going to split up the minis. So they're going to TWO different Scummers. LMK which one you want. I would like to be paid by Paypal, just because it makes it a tad simpler for me. Lastly (and this may seem strange), but I want a commitment that you will not turn around and sell it on eBay. I know I can't (nor should I) control what you do with it once you receive it, but I am asking for a commitment nonetheless. I'm looking for honesty and respect for the "collect to collect" philosophy.

I'm not going to just accept the first PM I receive for each mini. I'll make the decision based on the PMs I receive and let you know by the end of the weekend.

Again, my only motive is to help a fellow collector on this board who needs one of these for their collection. You are a great group and I really enjoy the discussions around here.

On a side note, they also had a ROTS Anakin LE, ROTS Yoda LE, and ROTS Sidious LE for 25% off retail. My math brings that to about $270! I don't collect LEs, but boy was THAT tempting! They also had those cool-looking 3D posters from Code 3 for $45 each! I may go back for them before the Fair ends . . . .
crazy.gif

Man, what a great night. If you're interested in one of the gold minis, please PM me.
smile.gif

Reaction score
Re: \"Collect to Collect:\" More than a Motto

ok kool...i like the no ebay clause.
cool.gif

if chosen i can give my ebay ID if needed.

thx now thats a scummer.

Reaction score

Wow, that's awesome of you to do. I don't collect the mini line, so I'll let someone who would truely appreciate this take you up on your offer.

Reaction score

You should trade one to someone for the freezeframe weequay

Reaction score

Hi JediMansur,
PM sent.
Eric

Reaction score

Argh, must... Resist... Temptation... Must not PM...
crazy.gif

[shakes out of it] Phew, crisis passed.
laugh.gif

That's really cool of you Jedi_mansur!
grin.gif
Congrats to the two recipients when it happens!

Reaction score

PM Sent

Thanks for the opportunity Jedi_Mansur

Reaction score

Very nice gesture from you, something admirable!

i was writing up a PM for the yoda, as im a totaly yoda fan and usualy go for everything yoda, but as taught to myself, id rather get a non gold
smile.gif

Reaction score

thats very cool good price

Reaction score

Thanks for the support everyone . . . . keep the PMs coming!
smile.gif

Reaction score

Great gesture Jedi_Mansur. PM sent.

Reaction score

Jedi_Mansur said:
They also had those cool-looking 3D posters from Code 3 for $45 each! I may go back for them before the Fair ends . . . .

I have the three OT Code 3 sculpted posters hanging on my wall, you need to get them if you can. They are simply incredible looking!!

I don't collect the golds at all, so I'll also pass to let another scummer have a better shot. Your setting a good witness, great for you!

Reaction score

I haven't responded to any PMs yet . . . . I'll be picking the 2 recipients tomorrow evening. Thanks much!
smile.gif

Reaction score

Wait im still a little confused, tommrow you will be picking 2 people and then you will sell them the sabers for 30 shipped?

Reaction score

MasterHorn said:
Wait im still a little confused, tommrow you will be picking 2 people and then you will sell them the sabers for 30 shipped?

That's the deal . . . .

Reaction score

Jedi_Mansur said:
MasterHorn said:

That's the deal . . . .
Ok sounds cool.

Reaction score

That's pretty cool. I wish I stumbled across things like that around here. Sounds like you had a great evening!

Reaction score

Jedi Mansur, I wish more people were like you. It is a really nice gesture. Good luck to everyone.

Reaction score

Nice to see people helping people for the right reasons! I like your no ebay clause. I am often afraid to sell like that b/c I am afraid people will just turn around and resell it. I truely hope whoever gets them enjoys them for their personal collection! Good luck all.

Reaction score

Jedi_Mansur,

PM sent for Sidious Gold.

Reaction score

Jedi_Mansur,

I gave in to the dark side, PM sent for Sidious Gold.
crazy.gif
grin.gif

Reaction score

31 PMs so far . . . . I'll be picking the 2 people tonight . . . .

Reaction score

Jedi_Mansur said:
31 PMs so far . . . . I'll be picking the 2 people tonight . . . .
PM sent!

I certify in front of my fellow scummers that if I win, the saber won't end on e-bay! I really don't care if is one or the other!

Reaction score

PM Sent! Man, I hope I get in with time enough to be considered!

Reaction score

When Will the 2 people be annouced?

Reaction score
Two Recipients

Wow, this was really something! I appreciate all the positive feedback. You guys really are the best . . . .
smile.gif

I received 35 PMs and the 2 I have chosen are:

Gold Yoda Mini - "lildanboy"
Gold Sidious Mini - "Rock"

If for whatever reason something falls through with them, I wll make another selection.

I wish I could say there was some incredibly scientific way I chose these 2, but there isn't . . . . for those 32 I didn't pick, I would only say that there were several I almost chose. In the end I just wanted to do something positive on the board . . . . I trust I was successful.

Have a great rest of your Labor Day weekend, everybody.
smile.gif

Reaction score
Re: Two Recipients

Jedi Mansur,

Thanks for spreading the wealth. Awfully kind of you to take care of us.

Dan

Reaction score

Thanks for being so generous to fellow collectors Jedi_Mansur! And congratulations to lildanboy and Rock!
grin.gif

Reaction score

Nice gesture Jedi_Mansur. Good to see there are still gentleman left in the hobby!
smile.gif

Reaction score

dont we get to see the winning "essays"?