Collapsing sections - an alternative?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I don't know where this is on the need to have/want to have scale, but ...
I think I'm not the only one who is somewhat frustrated by the collapsing sections not staying collapsed.
It's more or less about 4-5 sections I visit, the rest I almost never go to.

Would it be easier to have them all collapsed so you only open the ones you want to visit?
I feel this could be an alternative to fixing the above first world problem.
Instead of scrolling so much on stationary/laptop - don't know how it is on a phone, aside from being too small for me to want to try :)

It's merely a suggestion.

There is no pattern to how it "works" now, sometimes I can close down the site and next visit it's as I left it, but later random sections opened up.
And variations thereof.

//Oofa

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm also having the same issue. I've noticed it only works for 24 hours on my computer. If I collapse the sections I don't visit, say at noon, by noon the next day they have reopened.

Reaction score
Moving "Hasbro Modern Collecting" directly under "Vintage Collecting (1978-1985)" would also be any easy alternative to keep all the action figure related sections together as well, even with the sections not staying collapsed. I have to close sections daily as well.

Reaction score
Funny observation: Today when I opened RS, every section BUT the ones I go to were open. Even though I closed/collapsed them all last night.

Reaction score
There seems to be a pattern. Don't know if it helps.. I've begun to collapse them all, and just expand, read and collapse again when done.
After several hours away, EVERY section is expanded BUT the ones I read.

Reaction score
I mentioned it somewhere else: wouldn't some reduction of forums make sense? Maybe combine some of the really not frequented forums? The overview is difficult, especially with the sections not staying collapsed.

Reaction score
There seems to be a pattern. Don't know if it helps.. I've begun to collapse them all, and just expand, read and collapse again when done.
After several hours away, EVERY section is expanded BUT the ones I read.
Perhaps there is no pattern after all. Just now, while being online here, suddenly every section was expanded ...

Reaction score
Mine are as I left them 8 hours ago - with only the desired sections expanded
(turned com off, went to bed, just woke up)
There are 2 dropdown arrows now - there was last night too.

Reaction score
Mine are as I left them 8 hours ago - with only the desired sections expanded
(turned com off, went to bed, just woke up)
There are 2 dropdown arrows now - there was last night too.
Yeah, things are as I left them this time as well. Same as you, I turn off my comp at night. Let's see how it is this evening when I check next.

Reaction score
The sections I had closed yesterday have reopened today. I just closed the ones I don't visit, will report back tomorrow.

Reaction score
Here in my end of the woods, it's still as preferred: The interesting sections are expanded, rest is collapsed.
And still the double drop down arrows.

If it's any help: Win 10 pro, 64-bt,

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
It doesn't work for me. I had to fix the tabs 3 times yesterday.

EDIT: In my attempt to pass on information as easily as possible, I realized that it did not convey my tone of gratitude for the hard work that is being done and while this problem persists, I am still happy to be part of this community. THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been more than 24 hours and the sections I closed are still closed. Maybe I had to close them again after Chris made the change.

Reaction score
More than 24 hours on day 2, looks like the sections I closed are staying closed. Awesome! Thank you!

Utinniii

Reaction score
I feel like they are Weeping Angels. Every time I blink, they open again.

Actually, every time I go back to the main page they are open.

Reaction score
Not only are things still not staying collapsed, I literally just re-collapsed everything I have no interest in on my iPad, read a post, came back to the forum list & every single section was open again!

Reaction score
I've noticed in the past few weeks the sections I have collapsed have reopened - but only on my iphone. I noticed it this morning, and maybe 2 weeks ago. Not a big deal as I come here using my desktop probably 95% of the time. On my computer the sections I don't visit have stayed closed.

Reaction score
Is this collapsing section issue connected in any way with the cookies on your computer?
It's possible. I haven't deleted any cookies.

Sections are still closed on my computer but it looks like they reopened on my phone again. Looks like it lasted about a week. Again not a big deal as I'm here mainly on a computer. I closed them so I'll see how long it lasts.

Reaction score
It's possible. I haven't deleted any cookies.

Sections are still closed on my computer but it looks like they reopened on my phone again. Looks like it lasted about a week. Again not a big deal as I'm here mainly on a computer. I closed them so I'll see how long it lasts.
I delete cookies constantly, prefer to leave a smaller trail online.
And to be honest I don't have too much faith the collapsing issue will be 100% fixed. I only wish the Lego section to be moved from between Hasbro and Props sections to another section of the forum, maybe after Toys & collectibles. I wish the higher end collectibles sections to be closer together, Sideshow, Gentle Giant and Props section I mean.