Cobra Kai

Reaction score
Anyone else watching this show? I burned through the first half of the season last night. I love it, I think it's fantastic.

Reaction score
I'm real interested. Not 100% sure I'm ready to subscribe to a new channel though. Is there much else on YouTube Red worth watching?

Reaction score
I didn't realize it was already out. Time to get the torrenting machine working. Before anyone *****es, remember that youtube red is not available in Canada, so the studio literally gave me no legal option to view it.

Ian

Reaction score
Loved the first episode. It was a perfect follow-up to the original and obviously made with great reverence for the original.

The second episode was a bit more meh. I'll give it a couple of more episodes.

The best scenes are Lawrence's.

Reaction score
Just finished the first season. Really liked this show. William Zabka was great. This show is well written,funny, and entertaining. Hope there's a season 2 especially with how it ended.

Reaction score
Finished this show last night. I really liked it. For me it's one of the better shows I've seen in a while. It strikes a good balance of there not really being an antagonist/protagonist dynamic that you might expect. And Zabka steals every scene he's in.

Reaction score
I steered clear of this thread until I was able to complete the series.

I attended the Cobra Kai - Karate Kid theatrical event awhile back, so already had the first two episodes knocked out. Yesterday, I binged the entire series, and absolutely LOVED every single minute.

This to me was perfection. The character development, flow of the story, throwbacks, acting, settings, etc were spot on and a joy to behold. The original Karate Kid is one of my all time favorite movies, being watched numerous times throughout the years. Cobra Kai didn't feel forced, it felt what a natural progression of these characters would/could be. The flashbacks were used brilliantly. The music themes borrowed from the original movies - ahhhh, awesome stuff.

A couple of standout moments for me: Daniel visiting Miyagi's grave. I'll admit it, I was moved to tears. And Daniel training Robby - how gorgeous was the cinematography in that sequence!?

I almost want this to be a special self contained series. It works that way. But with that jaw dropping last 10 seconds, the door is wide open for Season Two. And I'll be the first to remove my shoes and enter the dojo.

Reaction score
+1 from me. Really enjoyed binge watching it last night. I wish season 1 was longer. :) If you like the original movie you will enjoy this, no doubt.

Reaction score
I finally got around to watch it and they really hit this out of the park. Season 2 should be great especially after the ending. There were lots of great scenes but my favorite has to be the test drive in the charger and the conversation. Great entertainment and I think may even gain a little popularity with kids that have never seen Karate Kid.

Reaction score
I finally got around to watch it and they really hit this out of the park. Season 2 should be great especially after the ending. There were lots of great scenes but my favorite has to be the test drive in the charger and the conversation. Great entertainment and I think may even gain a little popularity with kids that have never seen Karate Kid.
The charger scene was outstanding.

Yeah I figured they peppered most of the teen drama in to try to rope in a younger audience.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So many perfectly executed "throwbacks" throughout - my brother and I have been texting as we keep remembering!

Golf N Stuff sequence was awesome.

Reaction score
So many perfectly executed "throwbacks" throughout - my brother and I have been texting as we keep remembering!

Golf N Stuff sequence was awesome.
I like how they never fixed the broken sign so many years later. :grin:

Reaction score
i somehow only found this yesterday and watched the whole season today. i loved it so much. i really liked how they had johnny toughen up the kids that needed toughening and daniel taught the tough kid to be balanced.

i really loved it, however, i feel like the main kid Miguel is going to follow the path of becoming a problem like johnny was as a kid. essentially johnny became kreese when he was trying to become a good guy. i really liked it when johnny was the good guy and daniel was the "bad guy". in the end i think they flipped it back to the original.

i wish there was already a season 2, but i can already kind of see where it will go. daniel will train the johnny's son and daniel's own daughter and the end of season 2, one of those 2 will win.

anyway, i really loved it and was surprised at how much i loved it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i really liked it and was very surprised at how good it actually ended up being. that said im already worried about season 2, because it looks like they are setting up a few things that are too far.
the scene where Johnny is trying to get cobra kai admitted back into the tournament, and they are talking about Terry Silva and Mike Barnes and Johnny has no idea what is going on, "i have no idea who that person even is" i dont know why but that had me laughing so hard. just thinking like Johnny actually has NO IDEA how crazy Kreese got and all the stuff that happened later.
over all it left me thinking Zabka is actually not a bad actor and has decent comedic timing, im a little surprised he didnt do slightly better in his career.
still holding out hope for the bromance. it was weird to me though to see them reminiscing together over Ali, i cant imagine what was so remarkable about her to them both 30 years later. i was sort of joking to myself that she was the actual bad guy in the film. even if it was their own faults she is the reason they were fighting, Johnny in a funk over being dumped, and he went through this whole thing really to win the girl. then as soon as it was all over, she wrecks Daniels beautiful car and dumps him on prom night for some college dude, basically sending Daniel now in a funk over being dumped that added to his wanting to take his college fund money and go to Korea with Miyagi where he found even more trouble. then he returns home where the repercussions that started over a girl he isnt even with anymore continue to haunt him.

Reaction score
Just finished my second watch of Cobra Kai - damn, I adore this show so much.

Gimmie this on 4k, preferably a Steelbook!

Reaction score
finally binge watched this over the week and loved it. can't wait for Season 2.... the ending was great but kinda predictable as well.

Reaction score
I did a second run through of it a few weeks ago. Fantastic. I cannot wait for S2 either.

Reaction score
I saw the Cobra Kai series in it's entirety this past summer, and felt it was fantastic! I wasn't sure if a "sequel" to the original films would work that well, but I was pleasantly surprised. Solid series, with 0 weak moments.

First, it was very interesting to see Johnny (William Z.) having fallen so far in life, to the point that you actually felt sorry for the character. One of my favorite scenes was near the beginning of Episode 1, when he hit on that gorgeous 20-something jogger; it was funny how she not only rejected him, but put him down (calling him a creep) - LOL. Johnny was obviously living in the past to a great extent, since those were his best memories - but the present had obviously caught up to him.

Conversely, Daniel (Macchio) was the opposite - a very successful businessman, who was trying to incorporate his old teachings with Mr. Miyagi into his car dealership re: giving the "bonzai trees" to everyone who bought a car - LOL.

Interesting that Johnny started the karate studio, and that his students were essentially the social rejects that he had looked down on when he was their age. Very ironic, but that was the whole point.

Being an '80's kid, I really liked the '80's rock/pop music - great homage to the original film & era.

Another favorite scene was when Daniel & Johnny were in the bar, and were both reminiscing about the Elizabeth Shue character (whom they had both dated). Daniel was obviously "following" her on Facebook, and it was funny how he knew so much about her, despite his insistence that he wasn't interested in her anymore - LOL.

I'm glad that Zabka & Macchio decided to make the show now. If they had waited 5-10 more years, I feel that they would have been too old for the role(s).

Looking forward to Season 2 - hopefully it will come out next year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The producers of this show must have had me followed. Johnny's character in the first episode was WAY too close for comfort for me! The only difference is my Firebird didn't get totaled... :wtf:

Reaction score
The producers of this show must have had me followed. Johnny's character in the first episode was WAY too close for comfort for me! The only difference is my Firebird didn't get totaled... :wtf:
I'm now in my late 40's & don't drive a cool car, like Johnny did in the series. And, though I don't go around hitting on hot 20-something female joggers (as he did, unsuccessfully) seeing them around does remind me how old I've gotten - LOL.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, since Season 1 came out in May?! 2018, I suspect that Season 2 will be released sometime in Summer 2019.

Reaction score
In other Cobra Kai news - I just received the complete Season One on blu in the mail.

(yeah, yeah... bootleg... shhmootleg ..... I needed this in my life)

Reaction score
Couple weeks ago I got to meet and chat with Ralph, William, and Martin. Photos turned out awesome - quite the surreal experience for my brother and I.

Reaction score
WAY better than it had any right to be. Looking very forward to the next season.
  Spoiler:  
Not a fan of '90s sitcom kid' that plays Johnny's son and I've got a few minor gripes with various aspects/choices, but nothing worth writing home about. If you're a fan of these characters - even slightly - watch this right away.

Reaction score
How about that Season 2 trailer...huh...huh....????

I'll be taking a sick day on April 24th. Can. Not. Wait.

Reaction score
This thread deserves better...

The full trailer for S2 arrived yesterday and it RULES.

I just completed my full 5th rewatch of S1.

Perfection.

Reaction score
I haven't seen the full trailer yet. I'm really looking forward to S2. I just started watching Wayne last night. It's an awesome show and probably the second-best thing on Youtube.