Cobb Vanth - #TM18

Dax

Reaction score
So I'm not interested in this fake Boba that wears a oversized sagging red pajama beneath the armour. What the F*** is up with that? Did the costume designers run our of fabric? Or did they think using a sagging rag would be cool while stoned high and watching some 70's cop show?

I suspect it was a conscious design choice to emulate the red long-johns look that features a lot in old westerns as that is very much the strong theme throughout The Mandalorian. Also using red is a bold colour that contrasts immediately with the armour, providing the audience with an immediate visual cue that while this character wears a familiar looking armour, it's likely not Boba Fett.

I may be a little biased though as I quite like the character and the visual appearance. He's definitely on my list of Cosplays to do :)

Reaction score
I’m glad once I open this sucker, that helmet will be on forever:)

Reaction score
I suspect it was a conscious design choice to emulate the red long-johns look that features a lot in old westerns as that is very much the strong theme throughout The Mandalorian. Also using red is a bold colour that contrasts immediately with the armour, providing the audience with an immediate visual cue that while this character wears a familiar looking armour, it's likely not Boba Fett.

I may be a little biased though as I quite like the character and the visual appearance. He's definitely on my list of Cosplays to do :)
The correct term for that is Complimentary Colors. It refers to two colors on the opposite sides of the color wheel that- as you pointed out, contrast greatly.

It's something I learned in art school (and Egoraptor brings up in his Castlevania Sequelitis video.)

Come to think of it, Boba Fett's first appearance in the Star Wars Holiday Special used it too- Cyan and yellow-orange are also Complimentary.

Reaction score
The correct term for that is Complimentary Colors. It refers to two colors on the opposite sides of the color wheel that- as you pointed out, contrast greatly.

It's something I learned in art school (and Egoraptor brings up in his Castlevania Sequelitis video.)

Come to think of it, Boba Fett's first appearance in the Star Wars Holiday Special used it too- Cyan and yellow-orange are also Complimentary.

Was this art school at knee height with a box of crayons in one hand, or a art school of afternoon skateboards and beers?

Complimentary colors work depending on the shade and shape they fill. Here is a dull faded red in between a dark green scratched by silver. Cobb's saggy granny pajama shirt used as a rag for 20 years at a carwash, is far from complimenting the spinach armour to resemble the slightest crease of the Portuguese flag, or even of a Monsato tomato where red and green do that thing called... compliment each other.

Not a little biased. But so utterly biased that you're convinced wisdom shines in your armpits.

Reaction score
Was this art school at knee height with a box of crayons in one hand, or a art school of afternoon skateboards and beers?

Not a little biased. But so utterly biased that you're convinced wisdom shines in your armpits.

Boy you must be a hit at parties.

It was the kind of art school that squashed any creative activity and the professors were high off the stench of their own *****. I lasted two semesters until one of the teachers decided to make me an "example if whats wrong with today's students" after staying up past 4 AM on their project.

Upon which I had a mental breakdown and gave the Prof a piece of my mind and the campus police were called and I was forced to change my career path (after being put into a mental hospital.)

Reaction score

agree Dax about the long-johns(and the observation; that they used a lot of tradtional westerns as a framework). he should have the traditional buttons on the backside. ;)

enjoyed the character as a whole, and despite the exorbitant price, am looking forward to this figure.

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the whole point was to not make it match. He was just some guy, found this armor, was able to defend his town against some criminals and wore the armor like a trophy. Kind of like how Predator wears skulls and primitive jewelery and a high tech mask and canon and wrist computer at the same time. Its supposed to look like a mish-mash of junk somebody found. Thats also why its all too big for him. Or just make up your own backstory for the 30-whatever minutes he appears on-screen like this. Not worth fighting over.

The pics I've seen of the figure look a little more like Ray Liotta, but that's alright. Still probably the Black Series figure I'm most excited for.

Reaction score
So the chest armour looks to be a floating piece like on the ROTJ Boba, and I believe the same is true of Nomad Boba's chest piece? Mighty try popping them both apart and taking the armour off to hack together a Tython Boba, if it's not gonna be too destructive.

Reaction score
There's a video in the Nomad Boba thread about using the armor from ROTJ Boba to make Tython Boba.