Cobb Vanth - #TM18

Reaction score
I'm not a big olyfan, but I've got to admit that figure is pretty great looking

Reaction score
Pre-ordered it despite that insulting price tag, hate myself just a little bit for that. Only a little though, because it does look outstanding.

Got one right away off of Pulse before it sold out, ordered another from Amazon two hours later. Now to see which one gets here first (Amazon) so that I can cancel the other (Pulse, obv.).

Reaction score
EE has free shipping for this wave of HasPulse figures. and don't feed your mogwai after 0000 DarthMickey! ;)

Reaction score
It looks to me like the chest armor is an overlay (I missed that part of the stream where he was revealed). It just doesnt look like a regular torso to me.

Reaction score
I never wanted or needed this odd, gangly looking dude in my collection, but I hope this is a good sign that a "dirty" armor Boba Fett comes soon.

(Well..."soon" has changed all meaning these days.)

Still, as wonderful as the SHF looks for the clean armor, as the prototype pics to, maybe a dirty variant of that figure would be best, and I can just stick to Black Series for Nomad Fett.

It's great having choices, isn't it??

Reaction score
I guess paint apps are the reason for the "deluxe" price tag. I caved and pre-ordered this one even though I really wanted to balk at the price.

Reaction score
What does it matter how many paint apps, it's all done by machine anyways so not a lot of extra labor hours involved there.

The good news for those who love to overpay because they simply have to have an item, your wish will be granted when they have to raise prices yet again due to the global crisis. These companies can't continue to absorb those rising costs for long.

Reaction score
I’m hoping that Cobb comes to TVC sometime in the next few years. I just can’t justify the Deluxe price tag for this guy.
Would be nice. I'm not that big a fan of the price either- but did it anyway since I love the character and design... Kinda like how I paid out the nose for my Rex and Echo. (But those were scalpers and not Hasbro...)

Just hoping there aren't issues with the paint job (as thats the reason they claim its so expensive) or I'm gonna hurt somebody.

Reaction score
I put a preorder in with BBTS. It's $3 more expensive but balances out with BBTS's dirt cheap shipping. Plus, I've always got a pile of loot going anyway, so the shipping is already covered.

Reaction score
PO´ed at german Toy-Palace. ETA August o_O
Man, that the longest PO I have currently running. On the other hand, my wallet gets a break 🤪...( until all the other latest reveals show up ;) )

Reaction score
Some of these “deluxe” figures with a bunch of paint apps don’t come out so good though. My copies of Boba Fett, Jar Jar Binks, and Zeb Orrelios all have some errors with the paint. Really irksome to pay more for the paint and then not get it close to perfect.

Reaction score
My Zeb and Jar Jar are pretty clean. But honestly they seem pretty light on paint apps to me. I still stubbornly stand by the conspiracy that it's the size of the figures that merits the higher price. I don't think Wrecker has more going on for him than Tech or Hunter do.

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned Zeb was the only figure worth the DLX price tag being it was so large an an all new mold, but even he was pushing my limits at $30. So now that the new DLX price is even more and has not intention of plateauing anytime soon it seems, I feel less and less of these figure actually fit the DLX term.

Reaction score
The mando/grogu sets and the boba fett set, I can at least see how there's the perceived value because there's more accessories packed in. But then again, hold one of those next to a GI Joe classified figure in package and that perception might fade a little of what $20 vs $32 gets you.

Reaction score
How many individual paint apps does this one have vs the average on a standard figure? Is there a common agreed upon average?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Back in 2017, it was stated at Celebration that the normal number of paint apps on a figure is around 90. For comparison, Commander Gree had about 300, & the upcoming Rancor has 900. They didn't say specifically the number Vanth has, though it is substantial. At Pulsecon they stated he has more than Boba Fett, which was rumored to have around 200, if memory serves.

Reaction score
Back in 2017, it was stated at Celebration that the normal number of paint apps on a figure is around 90. For comparison, Commander Gree had about 300, & the upcoming Rancor has 900. They didn't say specifically the number Vanth has, though it is substantial. At Pulsecon they stated he has more than Boba Fett, which was rumored to have around 200, if memory serves.
Gree is a great example of more paint apps not looking better. The weathering they tried to do on that figure is awful. Camo looks good though.

Reaction score
I love the headsculpt. And the pistol. The pistol is really dieselpunk cool. The figure is also fantastically executed.

If I was still into customizing, this would be a day one purchase.

But, I'm no longer.

So I'm not interested in this fake Boba that wears a oversized sagging red pajama beneath the armour. What the F*** is up with that? Did the costume designers run our of fabric? Or did they think using a sagging rag would be cool while stoned high and watching some 70's cop show?

Eitherway, the episode would have been better if the giant dragon actually ate up his whole town, then him, and then after Mando gives the dragon a explosive digistion, the Tuskins scavaged the armour out when chopping up the dragon for a twin sunset BBQ. Oh, and the Jawa's stripped apart his fanservice speeder.

Reaction score
I bet that head would look awesome on an imperial officer body.
This is totally off topic, but I always thought that if they ever decided to remake and of Clint Eastwood's Westerns Timothy would be a solid casting choice!

Back on topic, it pains me that I won't be getting this. 😞