Cobb Vanth - #TM18

Reaction score
Keep in mind SW licensing fee is reportedly through the roof. If Hasbro didn't have to pay a massive license fee, basic Black Series figures would probably come with as many accessories as Marvel Legends.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yup. Mandarin Spawn reuses the lower legs, upper torso of the original, and same other bits of later ones. And, it's a in-house license.

The second one, I'm not 100% sure, but it is mostly a repaint of a previous one.

I think @Masterfett s point was that even for a re-use of the same mold of Heavy Mando, it is still a deluxe price point. So the argument of re-use does not apply in this case, at least.

Reaction score
Yeah, but you also can NOT compare SW toys where Hasbro pays amounts of licensing fees and Spawn toys where MFT sure won't 😉😉

Also I think MFT should not being called a action-toy maker anymore. They were great in the early years, and granded, I might be wrong since I am out of buying from them a long time, but they are making small statues, not action figures. Little amount of articulation, which makes they item look great only in one iconic pose ???
That, and their lack of continuing on good franchises, pushed me away from them. Their switch from TWD 5" to 7" right in the middle was the death of both sices IMO.
I still hope that someone else will come up with Stranger Things figures as I doubt, MFT will continue here.
They should stick to their Spawn, Fortnite and Sports figures and leave the rest for the other players.

Back on topic, I am sure, Vanth will be no less DLX then ROTJ Fett. Removeable
Helmet ( or an alternare unmasked head ) , rocket and jetpack effects, and maybe some random accessoires, like the Botchka bottle or something, thats all I forsee.

And... the argument of only one episode of screentime, is not holdable to me. After all its still more screentime than OT Boba had in ESB and ROTJ together 😉😋

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also I think MFT should not being called a action-toy maker anymore. They were great in the early years, and granded, I might be wrong since I am out of buying from them a long time, but they are making small statues, not action figures. Little amount of articulation, which makes they item look great only in one iconic pose ???

You wrong here. Yes, prior to their 2008's downfall, they were making plastic statues as you said. But since returning and getting the DC license, Fortnite, and etc some years ago, they're only making articulated action figures.

Reaction score
For that price, I assume the figure has removable armor, or am I too optimistic?
Guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't recall him having having a whole lot of equipment outside the armor and his blaster rifle in the show... unless they just want to add in extra things like with the DX Fett... or throw in his hoverbike.

Reeeeally hoping its removable armor... that can be put on the upcoming "Nomad" Boba Fett for his brief but memorable appearance in The Mandalorian where he goes one-man-army on those Stormtroopers.

Its a long shot- but MAN would it be worth it!

Reaction score
I'm near-positive it'll be removable armor, but I won't be surprised if it's just the helmet and chestplate because some of the deluxe figures are actually kind of bare on accessories.

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Cobb will be as much DLX as recent ROTJ Fett.
Removeable helmet, blaster, a few effect items, maybe some other little accesory like a spotchka bottle or maybe a camtono

Reaction score
I think your're more likely correct in the second part of your sentence - look at the Boba Deluxe. A couple of flame effects and a bit of string (great figure though). I'm not sure the Boba armour can be done a removable way anyway - its not like Veers where theres shoulder straps - you'd have to have peg holes for the chest plate surely? Unless you make the shoulders of his undersuit part of the overlaying armour, but that'd make it super bulky and would never lay perfectly right.

Reaction score
I think your're more likely correct in the second part of your sentence - look at the Boba Deluxe. A couple of flame effects and a bit of string (great figure though). I'm not sure the Boba armour can be done a removable way anyway - its not like Veers where theres shoulder straps - you'd have to have peg holes for the chest plate surely? Unless you make the shoulders of his undersuit part of the overlaying armour, but that'd make it super bulky and would never lay perfectly right.
I tend to agree. I think people are hoping for too much with a fully removable armor set. Yeah they’ve done it on 3.75” in the old days but it’s unlikely now imo. I think we’ll get a new sculpt of Cobb wearing the armor with a removable helmet and jetpack. And a couple dumb effect pieces to qualify it as deluxe. Don’t mean to be Debbie downer but if the past is an indication of the future...

Reaction score
He looks good though.
But not worth the deluxe tag.

I say it's most likely because there is little to no re-use in him.
They were really stressing the number of paint apps, probably using that as justification too.

Reaction score
He looks good though.
But not worth the deluxe tag.

I say it's most likely because there is little to no re-use in him.
Agreed, he really does look great and something I would have bought in the basic line. I just don't see how a figure with his actual accessories constitutes DLX release, he doesn't even have the flame effect that Boba did.

Just for comparison the 3.75" line has been releasing Boba Fett with his rifle, helmet, and jetpack in the basic line for 20+ years now.

Reaction score
Can’t tell for sure but there’s a good chance the chest armor overlay and forearms may be reuse from Boba. Not sure about the jetpack as it has a different misfile and there’s that repair “plate” from Luke’s saber slash.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Available for pre-order at the usual places beginning today, October 22nd, at 5:00pm ET. On shelf Spring 2022. MSRP is $31.49.

This is #18 in the Phase IV The Mandalorian sub-line. Has considerable deco/unique weathering via tampos. Comes with helmet, blaster, blaster rifle, and jetpack with unique rocket accessory. Side illustration has Krayt Dragon.

Press Images

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-7-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-8-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Boxed-2.jpg

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-2.jpg

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-Deluxe-The-Mandalorian-Loose-6.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can’t tell for sure but there’s a good chance the chest armor overlay and forearms may be reuse from Boba. Not sure about the jetpack as it has a different misfile and there’s that repair “plate” from Luke’s saber slash.
Looking at the pictures just posted- its entirely possible. I've got my RotJ Fett here and comparing it with the pics... Kinda hard to tell with the poses they have him in... Of course I haven't tried removing the cloak or braids on my Fett so I don't know if there are holes there...

I think they might be reusing the helmet too- it looks like the same shape... guess we'll have to wait for a side by side comparison to be sure.

Reaction score
I hate that I'm adding to the problem by ordering it (Ie, they're buying it so its not too expensive) But he looks too cool not to get...
Really should have come with flame effects or rocket firing effects or something at least. Throw us a dang bone Hasbro.

Reaction score
Appreciate the links! Now to try and forget about it until next July...

*Edit*
Its also on Hasbro Pulse but is listed as "sold out" ATM...

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Pre-Order Links

Gamestop

Last edited: