Cobb Vanth - #TM??

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Cobb Vanth - Pipeline Reveal from the I Am Your Fathers Day: Star Wars Livestream 06.09.21.

Black-Series-Cobb-Vanth-TM-Pipeline-Reveal.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The dream of making a 6" scale version of Mickey's wedding scene from Season 10 of Curb Your Enthusiasm moves one step closer.

Reaction score
I'll pick this up. Hopefully he makes an appearance again on the show.

Reaction score
I'll pick this up. Hopefully he makes an appearance again on the show.
Definatly get him, although I think his appearances was a one-shot only.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a return in upcoming season(s) and I am sure, the Scooby-Gang will return to Tatooine at some point ( and if it is only to show Penny's grief about Mando splitting with Grogu 😎), but without Fetts armor, I think he is pointless.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a return in upcoming season(s) and I am sure, the Scooby-Gang will return to Tatooine at some point ( and if it is only to show Penny's grief about Mando splitting with Grogu 😎), but without Fetts armor, I think he is pointless.

If he shows up again, I think they could give him a purpose. He was definitely just the way to reintroduce Fett's armor initially and that's ok. They've found useful ways to bring back some fun characters in season 2, so I think it's reasonable someone will have a need for a sheriff. Maybe Mayfield needs a place to hideout or something.

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field

I can agree with that last statement, but hopefully "Book of Fett" will use him and help flush out the character a little more.

Reaction score
I still think it would be cool if they could work in Jodo Kast somehow, then we could get another awesome repaint of that new Fett!
They could possibly approach it like Fett goes after him upon learning that Jodo assumed his identity soon after his fall into the Sarlacc, and has been pretending to be Fett all this time. Kind of a similar story as it as in EU but could be changed to match the new timeline.

I thought it was cool to have Cobb appear but did feel a bit used the wrong way as in a vehicle to introduce the armor and possibly be done, I hope that's not the case and he will show up again. Maybe because I really like Olyphant and would like to see him return.

Regardless of all that I'm sure the figure will look great and that's the beauty of this Franchise, a character doesn't have to live or even be a focal point in order for a figure of them to get made. At least not in the old days, now might be different but they're not going to miss a chance at releasing a figure that's heavily influenced buy Fett popularity are they?

Reaction score

My hope was always that he helps Din again and is gifted his original brown armor or something. He’s a good character but yeah, I’d prefer him in some sort of armor if he’s gonna stick around.

Reaction score
It's probably a pipe dream, but I hope the armor is removable. Considering we're getting Nomad Boba Fett, and the way Hasbro kinda mix and matched the Captain America/U.S. Agent accessories, I don't think it's impossible to picture the armor from Cobb Vanth pairing with Nomad Fett.

Reaction score
i love Cobb Vanth.

i really hope that the figure is able to convey that appearance of Cobb being this lanky string bean who literally happened on the fett armor

Cobb-Vanth.jpg

I hope so but I’m not holding my breathe they get it right like that. We’ll see…

Reaction score
It's probably a pipe dream, but I hope the armor is removable. Considering we're getting Nomad Boba Fett, and the way Hasbro kind of mix and matched the Captain America/U.S. Agent accessories, I don't think it's impossible to picture the armor from Cobb Vanth pairing with Nomad Fett.
Now that's something I haven't seen in a long time, I think removable armor Jango was the last? It would certainly be a cool inerchnagble feature But I don't suspect it would look right considering Boba Fatt is a tad thicker than Cobb. In order to do the two figures justice I feel they would need specific fitting armor as they still haven't reached the ability to do universal removable armor the right way. And especially on Nomad Fett where his wrappings would make him even thicker I don't interchangeable armor fitting them both very well.

Now they most certainly could pack in "non useable" armor as set dressing to place on the mantle next to him, but to do it well we're going to need three distinct looking figures for the two characters. IMO Having said that, I welcome the bringing back or removable armor if it can work well as I would like to use it as custom fodder.

Reaction score
While I do agree, I also accept the fact that it’s a great way to convey that it’s someone else’s armor he has.
I think the primitive, homespun appearance of his clothing under the armor got that point across well enough.

Reaction score
I think if they make the armor removable it will either look too bulky, or the figure underneath will be too skinny.
Exactly I want a great Cobb Vanth and Rearmored dirty Fett not a passable gimmick between both since you would still need to buy two Cobbs to trade one of the armor sets.

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting that Cobb Vanth may be a "Deluxe" figure. I imagine because of removable armor pieces and helmet?

For me though, I think it'd be cool if he ended up being packed with his kitbashed podracer speeder.

View attachment 400338

Would be awesome, indeed. Can't remember, was the TM Scout Trooper w/ Bike and bagged Grogu labeled Deluxe or Small Vehicle ?

Reaction score
I would hope that he'd be a single figure release as I have no need for the Speeder in this scale.

Reaction score
For me this figure would only make sense as a real deluxe that includes the speeder bike. I don't see the mainstream appeal of a single episode character on it's own, that no longer has the armour, and was in all essence a wonnabe Boba.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No appeal for a character in Mandalorian Armor? Huh what!? I guess by your logic this is why the Loyalist Mandalorian is still pegwarming? Odd that I've never seen one in stores though.

Not to mention Star Wars is riddled with characters that appeared for ten seconds that have had a figure of them made. So I don't really get that argument, although we are in a different time where a lot of those characters aren't getting the plastic treatment they used to.

Reaction score
If it's true that this is a deluxe figure, I'd be willing to bet the armor is removable (which was my theory when he was first announced), I'm sure he'll have no problem selling through.

Reaction score
If it's true that this is a deluxe figure, I'd be willing to bet the armor is removable (which was my theory when he was first announced), I'm sure he'll have no problem selling through.

Then it could cost more than $30 as it will have additional paint apps and new molded pieces?

Reaction score
The reason this is going to be deluxe is because of the paint operations. Same as the recent deluxe Boba Fett. The amount of little scrapes and dings in the armor is too much cost for a basic figure. So like Boba, they're making it deluxe and will probably toss in a couple extra accessories compared to basic to make it seem like a better value (people equate more plastic with more value when it's the paint operations that are actually costly).

Spector Creative on YouTube had a great video recently about why the BS ROTJ Boba had to be deluxe. He talks about his experience on the Jacks Big Figs line and trying to figure out exactly how many silver paint dings they could include on their Boba figure without going over budget (hint: not many).

This is why many Boba Fett figures armor looks way too clean compared to the movies, and in all likelihood why they made a point of him repainting his armor in Mandalorian. Now the clean version is screen accurate and toys will be massively cheaper to produce

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Then it could cost more than $30 as it will have additional paint apps and new molded pieces?

If it's in a deluxe box, it will definitely cost $30/more than $30. I've complained in other threads that their "deluxe" pricing in most instances being more dependant on the box they use and character height than anything else. Jar jar didn't need to be a $30 release. I don't have Wrecker yet, but he's another one I don't see the reason for the price increase.

Reaction score
The reason this is going to be deluxe is because of the paint operations. Same as the recent deluxe Boba Fett. The amount of little scrapes and dings in the armor is too much cost for a basic figure. So like Boba, they're making it deluxe and will probably toss in a couple extra accessories compared to basic to make it seem like a better value (people equate more plastic with more value when it's the paint operations that are actually costly).

Spector Creative on YouTube had a great video recently about why the BS ROTJ Boba had to be deluxe. He talks about his experience on the Jacks Big Figs line and trying to figure out exactly how many silver paint dings they could include on their Boba figure without going over budget (hint: not many).

This is why many Boba Fett figures armor looks way too clean compared to the movies, and in all likelihood why they made a point of him repainting his armor in Mandalorian. Now the clean version is screen accurate and toys will be massively cheaper to produce

An interesting take and could be a reason for their books. but I've seen several other figure with very detailed paint apps that still sell for a basic figure price. So once again the excuses are lost on me.

If the figure does come with removable armor then I'd be more willing to accept the DLX price, but it had better look good for that kind of Money.
Which I guess it could because it's not like the armor was a snug fit on Vanth to begin with, so there is precedent for a cobbled together looking mess and still be screen accurate.

Reaction score
An interesting take and could be a reason for their books. but I've seen several other figure with very detailed paint apps that still sell for a basic figure price. So once again the excuses are lost on me.

If the figure does come with removable armor then I'd be more willing to accept the DLX price, but it had better look good for that kind of Money.
Which I guess it could because it's not like the armor was a snug fit on Vanth to begin with, so there is precedent for a cobbled together looking mess and still be screen accurate.
A figure could theoretically have really complicated paint ops that are compensated in some other way, like being released in a wave with a lot of repacks and reused parts and/or other simply painted figures, or released as an exclusive so a retailer takes on some of the risk (e.g. Gree).

I think if this last Boba had been released as a basic figure with one gun, you still would have seen a decent reduction in weathering compared to what we got. Cobb would be the same. I'd rather pay extra for screen accuracy and maybe get a couple extra accessories in the process. But I seriously doubt we'll get removable armor besides the helmet.

Reaction score

These seemingly "deluxe" figures retail for $19.99.

86b1fc20-1434-4e99-981e-a0c3fe0e63a6.jpg

ac4f9dd6-3c1c-4cb6-b204-c0fa0daeb1a1.jpg

7fccbe50-965c-44a1-a0f7-d83292a810d0.jpg

Reaction score
These seemingly "deluxe" figures retail for $19.99.

86b1fc20-1434-4e99-981e-a0c3fe0e63a6.jpg

ac4f9dd6-3c1c-4cb6-b204-c0fa0daeb1a1.jpg

7fccbe50-965c-44a1-a0f7-d83292a810d0.jpg

The first two reuse many parts of previous releases.

The third I don't know, except this is the MK license with Todd vs SW license with Hasbro.

Reaction score
Ah yes, reuse you say? Hmmmm...

But I think you're rights about the vast different in licensing fees for SW versus any other IP as being the cause for higher prices.

Reaction score
Ah yes, reuse you say? Hmmmm...

Yup. Mandarin Spawn reuses the lower legs, upper torso of the original, and same other bits of later ones. And, it's a in-house license.

The second one, I'm not 100% sure, but it is mostly a repaint of a previous one.

Last edited: