Clonewars vs Prequals

Reaction score
I want to hear everyones opinion on Clonewars ( movie or tv series ) compared to the Prequals as to which of the two will be the future of starwars collecting.
In 30 years who will be most remembered between these two?

Reaction score
I'd say ROTS is a good movie that holds up to the OT. For that and for it's action sequences and drama, it will be remembered. When I watch CW I can't even remember the episode the next day. I think the prequels solidified their place as part of teh star wars universe and like the old movies, they won't easily be forgotten (though I'm trying to forget AOTC).

Reaction score
We'll see about Clone Wars. For all the negative hype, the prequels are still wedged into the psyche of most SW fans to some extent. Clone Wars.....Season 1 had a majority of forgettable episodes, but I know I will be unlikely to forget stand-out works like Lair of Grievous (which was better than 80% of the prequel trilogy)

Reaction score
I would have to go with the prequals over the clonewars.
But I know kids who love the clonewars and know nothing of the movies. I figured ROTS would be a heavy favorite as it is my favorite as well of the Prequals.

Reaction score
I'd go with CLone wars. Even tho its CGI it still has that dark gritty star wars feel that I got from the original trilogy 4,5, and 6. Some episodes are forgettable, but as was mentioned earlier the really good ones do stand out and there are some exceptional ones I REALLY loved the episode with Cad Bane. Plus the clone wars Anakin is a hundred times better than Hayden Christensen.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I'd go with CLone wars. Even tho its CGI it still has that dark gritty star wars feel that I got from the original trilogy 4,5, and 6. Some episodes are forgettable, but as was mentioned earlier the really good ones do stand out and there are some exceptional ones I REALLY loved the episode with Cad Bane. Plus the clone wars Anakin is a hundred times better than Hayden Christensen.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. My vote goes to Clone Wars.

Reaction score
Season 2 looks to be better than the first for the clonewars series with the bounty hunters! It seems like no ever mentions the clonewars movie are we pretending that never happened?

Reaction score
I've grown up with the prequels, so they are far more meaningful and memorable to me than the Clone Wars will ever be. TPM hit theaters when I was 4, AOTC when I was 7, and ROTS at age 10. Those were the days when all of my friends were just as enthusiastic about Star Wars as me. SW was "in" during that stage of my life, so whether I was at school or at home, it followed me around. I have so many fond memories of the ROTS days, whether they were playing with the toys, LEGO Star Wars, or seeing the movie twice in theaters. To you older folks out there who grew up with the OT, I know exactly how you feel. Growing up with these movies really did influence my life. I wouldn't be a collector if I hadn't. As for the Clone Wars TV series, I think it is great, it just hasn't been geared towards my generation, and I as I've gotten older I've taken on more and more responsibilities, so the Clone Wars series doesn't hold as large a place in my life as the prequels did when I was younger. There have been a lot of wonderful episodes, and I enjoy watching it on Friday evenings, but once I get up and off the couch it's over for the time being. I can't go to school and chat with my friends about it. They don't give a (censored). That's just my thought on the matter.

I'm still looking forward to season 2!

Reaction score
Well said Admiral Screed! I appreciate your input as the younger generation of collectors who even shows love for vintage as well. Kudos.

Dom

Reaction score
I am enjoying the CW more than I did the PT I think. There have been some dodgy bits in CW for sure, but nothing as bad IMO as AOTC.

Its hard to compare the 2, giving the diiference in time constraints. Given the same amount of time to the PT could they have put more stuff in? Would it have been any good? Well I guess yes and no. One of my main beefs with the PT is the awful acting, you can`t compare that to animation.

Reaction score
It is kind of unfare to judge the 2 against eachother because one is CG. Makes me wonder how the supposed live action series is going to pan out? I have not heard much about it except rumors here and there.

Reaction score
For good or bad, the prequels will be remembered more than the animated series, especially ROTS.

Reaction score
I absolutely hate the PT and never would have gotten any of the characters from the movies, however Clone Wars turned me completely around and I now love the Clone Wars and that era seen through the Clone Wars perspective.

And as someone has mentioned there's no annoying little [censored] called Hayden Christen, and to be honest if the Clone Wars had been the Live Action Movies it would have been better and even more successful, it's amazing how many people shout ROTS was excellent but what about the two abortions that came before it, at least with Clone Wars it had a decent start with the Movie and then went into TV Series which is rocking, otherwise why is every kid so hyped about it. AOTC and TPM will be like the Holiday Special not mentioned in polite company, lol.

Reaction score
I for one am reconsidering my personal canon. I think I might eliminate the Prequels and just say that, "the was the Clone Wars, then the Star Wars".

Reaction score
I am torn, I enjoy the clone wars animated series but alos enjoy the prequil trilogy. Both are just for story expansion, but more and more I find myself liking and thinking the best story telling happened between 3-6. Not that others aren't good aditions to the star wars universe, it's just the horrible beginning of Episode 1 with crappy kids characters, the love story in Episode 2 was almost excruciating to watch, and the animated series is animated and directed to kids with (IMO) no real outcome to where we end up in episode 3. Not that I am a continuity buff, but where do you think Ashoka ends up? I have no idea, but he doesn't have an apprentice in Episode 3... so I am skeptical as to how this turns out.

Reaction score
irocink33 said:
Where do you think Ashoka ends up? I have no idea, but he doesn't have an apprentice in Episode 3... so I am skeptical as to how this turns out.
Lets hope the animators find a good way to kill her off in the series. Maybe a movie? A double length episode? "The Death of Ahsoka." She is one character that I think Star Wars can do without (along with Jar Jar).

Reaction score
I enjoy them both very much but I will take prequels any day over the Clone Wars. There is just something about live action vs. computer animation.

Reaction score
I think in 30 years Clone Wars will be the thing. Thats what the kids know as Star Wars now. So in 30 years we will be old, our kids will have already put us in homes. They will sell our vintages items cause they dont know anything about them and buy more Capt Rex's......heck, my kids dont even care about my vintage stuff now. they say they are boring.

Reaction score
RoboQuack said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I totally agree. My vote goes to Clone Wars.

[/QUOTE]

For me, this is an easy one, Clone Wars, the prequals are part of the story, but not much else to me. The Clone Wars are alive depending on the episode of course, some of it is cheesy.

ANH, ESB and ROTJ (first two more so) were a dorky kind of serious, the prequals are serious but with goofy ideas, characters and action behind it... I cannot take them to heart if the creators of them cannot.
It is a really abstract thing for me, but true non-the-less.

Reaction score
I vote for The Clone Wars, I hated Hayden Christensen and Nathalie Portman is just boring

Reaction score
Yeah Clone Wars gets my vote only cause the kids, this is their Star Wars and they are the future. I grow up with the prequels and love all things Star Wars but Clones is just so much beter imo.

Reaction score
doktornowhere said:
I for one am reconsidering my personal canon. I think I might eliminate the Prequels and just say that, "the was the Clone Wars, then the Star Wars".
What prequels?

Seriously I've seen the prequels like twice; once each at the cinema and once again at the beginning of this year. Around TPM came out is around the time I started to slow down on collecting or buying Star Wars, whether it be coincedence or not. I still continued to watch Original Trilogy and will do forever on.

Just started watching Season One of Clone Wars and I'm enjoying it so far (about half dozen episodes in) why? Because in a funny way it reminds me something George Lucas once said when he was talking about his inspirations.. every week or so he would go the cinema and they would have the continuing adventures of Flash Gordon and other sci-fi serials.. each outing would be a short escape to a far out land with some far out explosions and sci-fi nonsense. I totally get that vibe from TCW series. Not just that but I'm finding it easier to watch with the detach that it doesn't have the massive weight on it's shoulders like the prequel trilogy had.

I have (and had) nothing against the character designs or creations within the prequel trilogy (there has been some amazing amount of work on the visual asthetics side of the prequel trilogy it just doesn't have the meat nor story to support it) What I had a massive issue was with the wish wash politics, half [censored] character motivations, poor exposition, over use of CGi for everything (especially considering it was Lucas that championed real believable SFX), Bad acting (you can't expect to put Christensen next to McGregor and expect him to come off with any believability), lack of continuity between the prequels and the real trilogy (no examples required..honestly..) metachlorians... argh no more..

With the Clone Wars series you have none of this burden running through your head as it's a 20 minute action packed toon with an art style so detached from the original trilogy it's much easier to let go.

All IMHO.. slightly biased as I'm very much still in the 'prequels are disowned' camp.

Reaction score
I'd go with Clone Wars. I don't hate the prequels, but I enjoyed the original 2D cartoon Clone Wars more than I did any of the prequel films. The new show is just like added icing on the cake.