CLONE WARS toys

Reaction score
Standing under the shower and singing some songs
it suddenly popped into my head.

Just because they dont pop up at any rumor list, doesnt mean we dont get some great vehicles.

I think the odds are very good that we get vehicle like the AT-TE ( surley WAYYYYYunderscale but with a dropship ), the heavy artillery think, maybe even vehicles from the game like the Republic Tank or the Pre-AT-ST etc.

Hmm
strange thinking when cleaning.

actually I am pretty excited about this whole CLONE WARS project

Reaction score
I posted my thoughts on this last week on another "clone wars" thread. Here's what I wrote and still think:

I'm not sure what to make of this just yet. But I do seriously doubt that the figures and toys will be "cartoony" simply because that would require new molds for figures, like Jedi and Clones, as well as vehicles like the Gunship. And from a cost stand point it would be cheaper to rehash previous sculpts and possibly add different features and pack-ins.

Although it would be technically considered Expanded Universe it wouldn't really be so, do to the fact that we have actually seen the beginning of the Clone Wars at the end of E2. So my guess is that product and the rumored cartoon will be based on what we have already seen on screen. My opinion is that a "Clone Wars" line would be kinda like GI JOE meets Star Wars in the respect that it would be a seperate entity ,from the Saga line, and would deal entirely with the whole "War" theme, thus requiring the release of various troops, Jedi, droids, vehicles, ships, weapons etc. Personally I am pretty excited about this prospect, as if this is all true, we should expect to see MOST of those incredible war vehicles seen in the film. Maybe I am getting way too excited and expecting far too much but that is what I do expect none the less.

Todd

[ 11-20-2002, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: T-Bone Kenobi ]

Reaction score
Ships would definitely be cool, and have some potential much as they did back in the Droids line in the Vintage era. I'm just really not very excited about the proposition of getting more "cartoonish" looking figures like the Droids and Ewoks lines had back in the day.

Reaction score
I really hope we get more tanks, walkers etc... for the clone wars line. Also since they are toys and supposed to be out of scale, that doesn't bother me. I really want an at-te (at-at scale is just fine) and it better have a gunship to transport it.

I save the "in scale" requirement for my train layout.

Reaction score
I have to think an AT TE is going to happen next XMas. Hasbro seems intent on maintaining the brand's current presence at retail through next year, and if this Clone thing is the big push next fall/winter, you can count on it.

Darb

G

It ll be interesting to see... which brings me to a nervous point...how the hell can u have a Jango Fett Clone Wars fig when he dies at the very first battle in the war!?!?!?!? If they do something stupid like bacta his head back on im gonna be seriously pissed off.

G

Well, if they are going to do many little stories about the Clone Wars, I'm sure they could go back in time and do some stuff with Jango meeting Tyrannus. Who knows.

I also think that the Clone Wars figures coming late this year, might be all the leads (Ani, Obi, Mace...) in some sort of Jedi Battle Armor. But I think it will be close to what they really wear in
E3. In the E3 Update from the Insider, it said that 10 costumes had already been approved. You can't approve a costume until you know who is playing the part.

Maybe I'm just looney.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Spuffy:
I have to think an AT TE is going to happen next XMas. Hasbro seems intent on maintaining the brand's current presence at retail through next year, and if this Clone thing is the big push next fall/winter, you can count on it.

Darb
<font size="2" face="arial">Yes, and it will be a FAO exclusive

G

how the hell can u have a Jango Fett Clone Wars fig when he dies at the very first battle in the war!?!?!?!?
<font size="2" face="arial">I asked the very same question to my insider contact, and I had the reply...

"Jango is a clone"

So there you go.

I have also asked about packaging, and was told there is no change to the current Saga packaging... we wait and see though as things can change... It'll be nice to be proved right though.

I love the idea, I hope it is the first of a whole line of EU with cartoon or TV series etc to keep SW going beyond the films...

Pete

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by ThePrivateUniverse:
I love the idea, I hope it is the first of a whole line of EU with cartoon or TV series etc to keep SW going beyond the films...
<font size="2" face="arial">Although If its on screen it wouldn't be EU sine its on screen
Although I'm still debating a Star Wars TV type series still.

Reaction score
Jango a clone!! That is just a stupid idea. I know they want to market him and that he is popular, but I don't like that at all. They can have stories about Jango before the Clone Wars and stories about Boba during the Clone Wars.

I'm not a big EU fan, but if they make a cartoon and it stays pretty true to the movies, it could be cool. I'm really looking forward to some Clone War vehicles. The AT-TE and dropship would be great. I would be happy if it was in the same scale as the Gunship.

G

I think it could be a anime.Then they could use normal type figure things.So tired.

G

jango a clone??? no. He doesnt need to appear in the cartoon, unless Some episodes are set just before AOTC.