Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi

GNT

Reaction score
Never really liked the jedi using armour but this figure does look pretty good.

Reaction score
Great looking headsculpt! Amazing. But too much armor. IMO the less armored style from the 2008 TCW series would have been a better choice.
But it's a nice gesture towards the initial TCW series.

Could that somehow be suggesting we get more figures from that show, in "realistic" style?

Reaction score
Could that somehow be suggesting we get more figures from that show, in "realistic" style?
I hope so! I remember the Not-Fordo from VC came out of no-where and was (at the time) the last nod to that series. Especially with Disney's official canon, I do hope we get more from that series.

Reaction score
Agreed about Jedi using armour. However, I just like the look of it. Makes him look more like a general commanding his troops.
I've gotten use to it as well, but as for the figure, the different tones of white paint on various parts of the armor is quite noticeable. I suppose it can't be helped, but I'm hoping the final product has a consistent tones to highlight the armor.

Reaction score
Looks cool, love the head sculpt (and base/stand?), but realistically this won't pose terribly well.

Reaction score
Also to the moderator, this is a Walgreens exclusive and won't have a box number.

Reaction score
Looks perfect! Absolutely outstanding. Can not wait! This new Digital face printing is beautiful. What a world of difference it makes

Reaction score
So.... how many people are going to decapitate him and whack that head on the ROTS body?

Reaction score
I sold off my ROTS one cause I didnt like his head and I didnt like how his boots looked.

I want this one and plan to leave him as is.

Reaction score
I'll be getting two.

And whats the betting the head socket will be differently sized to the ROTS version......

Reaction score
I don’t care for much of anything from the prequel era, but something General Kenobi in Roman Centurion inspired spaceman armor just really clicks with me...

I have no where in my display for this guy, I have no desire for any prequel representation on my shelves, and yet... I kinda want him...

Reaction score
ROTS OBI re-issue in the archive line has to be a lock though right?
Given the way that Anakin was improved with the new face printing technique for that Archive release? I absolutely hope so.

This figure was a as a complete surprise for me. But considering the way the Clone Wars micro series now has something of a niche status, an exclusive is probably the right way to go for this release. But would Hasbro consider making a black series Durge as a companion release? It leaves you wondering. And I hope this might also open the door for some ARC Troopers to be offered in the line, too.

Reaction score
ROTS OBI re-issue in the archive line has to be a lock though right?
On the surface it would seem to be a no-brainer. But is the underlying sculpt as good as this one though? It's a very nice head for the time, but still a fraction undersized. I think this new 'general' version just takes the prize.

Reaction score
The head sculpt looks 10x better then the Gentle Giant Statue released years ago. I'm a big fan of obi wan in this armor so its a instant purchase for me.

Reaction score
Also to the moderator, this is a Walgreens exclusive and won't have a box number.

That was my next questions, if this was going to an exclusive of not? Dam! Hasbro needs to stop with the store exclusive BS! Just make them main stream figure and be done with it.
Anyway, I know its early but do we have a release date for all this awesome from NYCC Star Wars goodness??

Reaction score
I believe this figure is not supposed to hit until next Fall, so not till around this time next year :'(

Reaction score
I am getting this one for the sole purpose of swapping his head with the ROTS Obi Wan.

Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but to me, that outfit is the worst main character design in Star Wars. I hate it.

But that head sculpt is the best likeness I've ever seen of a bearded actor in any action figure line no matter the scale. It turns what would have been a completely unwanted figure into a must have for me. Really good work.

Reaction score
Well one mans trash is another mans treasure. I like it.

This is just my opinion, but to me, that outfit is the worst main character design in Star Wars. I hate it.

But that head sculpt is the best likeness I've ever seen of a bearded actor in any action figure line no matter the scale. It turns what would have been a completely unwanted figure into a must have for me. Really good work.

Reaction score
They hardly ever turn out as good as the early images but looks great and would most certainly improve the Ep III version if head swaps out. There’s another possible obstacle. I think this outfit is pretty cool as well but don’t understand why this got the nod over any of the later TCW outfits. Seems that show has much more appeal, especially with another season around the corner.

Reaction score
Lately the exclusives are the only things to buy in stores. The regular releases are nowhere to be found at any stores.

Reaction score
This is an easy buy for me, but it sure is curious as to why the CW Microseries deco was selected instead of the regular TCW look, since the microseries is considered "less canon" than TCW, from what I've read.

Also, Disney's timing (I don't lay this at Hasbro's feet) is baffling. It can't utter a word about the wave of figures we'll see in stores in less than 3 months (TFF), but this figure can go front and center and no one will see it in the wild for another 12-14 months??

At this point, I simply cannot understand or rationalize Disney's treatment of the Star Wars property, on several fronts.