Clone Wars Midnight Madness?

Reaction score
Anyone know what the plans are for a Midnight Madness event for the Clone Wars release on July 26th (or the night of July 25th)?

I'm hoping to grab the Legacy figures, since I'll be passing on the animated style figures.

Reaction score
I went by the TRU in Austin that will be doing this event - the staff that was there Saturday did not know of any details yet for their plans. I really hope they learned from the fiasco that was the Midnight Madness event for ROTS. They really botched that one royaly! Hopefully they go back to how they did it for AOTC which was very fair. If anyone finds out details please post them here - thanks!

Reaction score
Heh, I don't even remember what ROTS MM was like. Also, I can't imagine that this will really be even nearly as busy as one of the "regular" movies. I'm going to go just to be there, but I don't plan on buying as much as I did for the movies.

Hopefully the TRU will say how they're going to run things sooner rather than later.

Reaction score
Well for AOTC, you could go into the store on a given day and get tickets to wait in line (free), and then you were let into the sotre in groups based on the ticket you had managed to secure. It really worked well, and they didn't stick everything on the pegs. Instead they just had those tiny wading pools set out with each figure separated out into its own pool so you knew what was in there and could get what you needed rather easily.

For ROTS, they didn't give out tickets, but instead asked everyone to come and get in line prior to opening the store. Then, at the last minute they came out and gave everyone a ticket. Then, they put a corresponding ticket in some box and started calling out random people's numbers to go in small groups. This was terrible, because if you had been waiting in line for a couple of hours or so like we had been doing, you didn't get to go in based on when you arrived. There were people walking up, grabbing a ticket, and getting to go in immediately. We were still waiting to go in after 1:00am or so after being well up in the line (like in the 40s or so). We got pissed enough that we just left and went to Wal-Mart and bought everything there. I also heard several people complained to the corporate office about that store, so I wonder if there will be a lessons learned or not.

Now, for us this time, we want to go again to TRU in the hopes that our young son can enjoy the experience of people who might dress up, etc... and be excited about the toys he can play with.

Reaction score
I'm just going to roll into WM around 11:30-:45 and wait for them to finish setting up the aisle like I've done for the past few MMs.

Reaction score
Me too, Walmart is the way to go. Lots less people and I think the prices are a little less. Not as excited about this new release though. Maybe the legacy figs, but not the repacks. I don't think I really want any of the cartoonish characters.

Reaction score
I'm with you, Letovx. But I like TRU because there's a nice group of folks out there who are enthusiastic. I'll be passing on almost all of the animated-style figures, too, but will get the exclusive LEGO sets and some Legacy. However, past events have been fun, even when they're not managed so well. Lately, Hasbro has been pretty good about making sure that figures are out there (except for those damn McQuarrie figures), so I'm less concerned about not being able to find what I want.

Reaction score
I plan on visiting the south Austin TRU at midnight tomorrow then swinging by Walmart on the way home. Does anybody know if anybody other than TRU is doing anything special for the release tomorrow night?

It's kind of late to be dragging my kids around, but if availability is anything like it has been for the last few years for Star Wars figures, we may not get a second chance at the better figures without resorting to the internet.

Reaction score
WalMart won't be doing anything until next month, when they get in their exclusive 501st figs. Target will have the Commander Fox when they open in the morning. The Austin Fan Force will have a presence at TRU tommorrow night along with a few members of the San Marcos Star Wars Society. For costumed characters I think I can confirm General Kenobi (Clone Wars armor), and possibly Darth Vader.

We may also have an xbox360 hooked up showing trailers for Clone Wars, Force Unleashed, and SoulCalibur IV(with Yoda teaser)

Reaction score
Went to the south TRU just to make sure they werent giving out tickets. Looks like it is a first come first serve thing which will be great. plan on being there around 7pm.

Reaction score
The event went pretty well.. I brought the kids at about 10pm, and managed to secure a spot at the beginning of the line, picking up an AT-TE, Homing spider droid, and about 6 figures. I felt kind of bad for the people who showed up late, since there was maybe 300-400 in line by midnight. TRU put a lot of Star Wars toys out, filling several kiddie pools and lengthy shelves, but there's no way they had enough to last through that line.

I made sure to bring enough lightsabers for several kids to kill time with, so lots of laughing then crying could be heard as they were whacking each other in the fingers and faces until I had to confiscate them again.

Reaction score
I was sencond in line (got there at 7 pm) walked out with BMF Bwing and a few clones. Kinda felt sorry for the rest as i walked out. But i have to say. Much better than ROTS. Everybody seemed to be helpful. Didnt like that 40 people tried to cut me off but i got back when i belonged before the door opened. Nice meeting many of you that were there. Great storys and enetertaining for the 5 hours i was standing.

Reaction score
I'm thrilled they released so many things, but am completely overwhelmed at the same time... it sucks spending $170 on toys and not even getting a fraction of what I wanted. Man, I'm going to have to put in some serious overtime this month, and maybe add on a wing to my house.

I can't wait to help my kids setup the AT-TE, since it will be supported by a pair of AT-AP's and an AT-AT for good measure, plus a small squad of AT-RT's and maybe 100 or more mismatched clones and fighters. I kinda feel like a kid myself after last night.

Reaction score
I got there at about 9:45 or so. I read a bit, but had to get up and walk around to keep busy. I noticed a long line had developed seemingly all of a sudden, and was concerned that I would get stuck at the end. I got into what I think was my proper place, though. Even so, by the time I got in (and I was in the third group they let in), the kiddie pools seemed to be pretty well picked over. I didn't see a Rex at all, and some of the others were getting scarce.

Went to the Mart at 35 and 71 on the way home, and they had a much better selection of stuff. They had the other Legends wave, with the desert Luke, Han, and Chewie, as well as several Rex figures. Being at TRU was fun, but Mart was clearly the place to be for figures.

I was a bit disappointed in how much TRU is charging for their exclusive LEGO sets. I picked up the spider droid set for the poster, but it's a light set for the price (same for the Twilight).