Reaction score
Looks to be one coming soon……

Got a text message this morning.

Attachments

• 478A82AC-2D8E-4D0D-B34F-29410A33075F.jpeg
    478A82AC-2D8E-4D0D-B34F-29410A33075F.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
Wow. I'm a huge Maul fan but, just...wow.

All this Maul stuff must really sell well. It's like he's the new Vader - except he's not. This would make a lot more sense if VII - IX had been done by Lucas instead of the mouse. The whole Maul/Talon thing would've been great, and then I could see pumping out all this Maul product. But as things stand now, I don't totally get it.

Still, between the days when we got absolutely no product based on the animated stuff, and these days where we get all sorts of animated Maul (and occasionally other characters) from Rebels and TCW, I'll gladly take this and just skip every other Maul item.

Reaction score
we need more Maul, Mandos and Bobas....that lack of these characters is inacceptable!

Just kidding, at least these seem to sell well, so these offerings help to finance the background ltd 500. characters we hardcore folks want...

But i would love to finally see a Grievous statue from GG...

Reaction score
I've been really disappointed with their Fett statues and their 1:2 busts. I really wish they would put some effort into getting their sculpts and paint colors correct.

Reaction score
we need more Maul, Mandos and Bobas....that lack of these characters is inacceptable!

Just kidding, at least these seem to sell well, so these offerings help to finance the background ltd 500. characters we hardcore folks want...

But i would love to finally see a Grievous statue from GG...
I respect your opinion, but I disagree. It's not hardcore collectors it's most collectors that want variety. People are getting tired of repeated characters over and over and over again. From the original trilogy to everything else that's come out after, without distinction, people want to add to their collection a variety of characters. Different looks, shapes, colors make the world interesting and when it comes to the world of collecting most people want that reflected on their shelf. These repeated characters won't generate enough to finance background characters or new characters for that matter. These will only sell to the casual collector, not the true collector buying their stuff for years, their bulk. Space to display is an issue for most collectors and there are only so many of a same character you can collect before running out of space. Repeated characters might work for focused collectors at the most, not their customer base. Even the concept Maul mini bust is still available, which hardly happened with the various McQuarrie mini busts they made. Actually, what they are doing with so much repetition is getting their core customers tired and disenchanted which on the long run translates into less sales.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maul has always been one of my favourite characters, that said, there have already been a lot of iterations of the character so I think that it would have to be something pretty special for me to pull the trigger on this one.

Reaction score
Just saw the full pictures for this and I think it’s a very nice looking statue. I agree with everyone that GG keeps repeating the same few characters however, they are trying to make money and that’s where the money is so you can’t fault them for that. I appreciate the fact also, that they did a new version and not just another TPM rehash. I loved the Clone Wars and feel that the last season was some of the most epic Star Wars story telling we have gotten in a while, and Maul’s role added a lot to the mythology of the SW universe. So if this makes it to general public orders I will probably pick it up

Reaction score
At least, a shelf with TPM, TCW, SW.Solo and SW.R, Maul would have a nice evolution of Maul appeal...

Reaction score
More Maul the better.

Gentle-Giant-Maul-1.jpg

Reaction score
Looks nicer than I thought it would. My son is a massive CW fan so I might…ahem…buy it for him, Though I’m dreading trying to get it in a detolf with those lightsabers.

That said, still on the fence though and definitely not rushing into pre-ordering these. Just not a fan of the bases and flame effects.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Happy for those of you into collecting the animated approach.

Unlike Ahsoka, this Maul's likeness looks like a hybrid of animated and realistic to me. Similar to the approach Hasbro took with the TCW line in 2008 for those that remember the three Anakin prototype sculpts they had made to illustrate the combination.

Reaction score
Thinking of signing up for the Gold Premier Guild. Does anyone know if the Maul statue gets the 10% off discount and could I also use one of the $15 off coupons?