CLONE WARS Line

G

Anyone have any idea what the packaging will be like? I hope it's nice. I cant wait for this line! I want to get them all! I have been waiting so long for the CLONE WARS to appear on screen, and now I want to "celebrate" it by getting all the CLONE WARS line figures. Do you think you will get them all? A few? Do you know anything about the new packaging?

GNT

Reaction score

The new packaging is said to be white or yellow and have a clone on the front if i remember correctly
From my understanding was that the figures are from the upcoming clone wars books and games, not the actual movies themselves

Reaction score
It's debateable whether the whole "Clone Wars" animated series is going to be made. And with the effort to pull everything under the blue 'Saga' label, I can't see Hasbro going out of the way to make new packaging for eight resculpts.

It's nice to see somebody with enthusiasm, but I can't help but think this to be a reflection on what we saw in the film - a flashy, gimmicky set. But I'm just keeping expectation low, I'll comment further once somebody has something substantial to report.

Reaction score
Are these figures going to be in the 3 3/4" scale???? Are they going to be like the EU figures from a four years ago??? Man how cool would it be to have a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter and a Sith Witch carded figure!!!!

G

The issue with the cartoon is something else. I wish someone would just come out and say whether we should be expecting it or not.

if their is no cartoon, then no point in making a seperate line for it.

Reaction score
I will have to see the figures before I make up my mind. If they are too different from the regular figures then I probably won't get very many.

I am definitely interested in seeing what they do with the Sith Witch though. That figure could be very cool. I hope they have a good display for this line at Toyfair.

I don't think the issue of the cartoon will have much effect on this part of the line. I always thought that the cartoon was at least a year away and these were mainly based on comics, novels, etc.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Nameless:
I can't see Hasbro going out of the way to make new packaging for eight resculpts
<font size="2" face="arial">Why not they did it for shadows of the empire

Reaction score
I think it's going to be much like Shadows of the Empire. It will be a multi-media campaign that they will try to push. It would be better if they could get some sort of cartoon series out there. I don't really like the idea of it being only 3-5 minute shorts either. It's better than zilch though.
I'm kind of interested with what they come up with. I do think it would be a good idea to keep a low expectation about it. However, I think it could have potential. Lots of Jedi to play around with, evil guys, ships, etc. We'll see.

Reaction score
I will wait and see what they look like before I buy them but the odds are I will because I tend to buy anything Star Wars.

Reaction score
Yep, sounds just like SOTE all over again. I am still bummed that we are not going to see the Clone Wars in the films. Oh well.

Since it is SW I will probably get the figures, though, and the books, at least.

Reaction score
Is this line going to be geared towards fan or kids? What do you think?

Reaction score
I've got a terrible feeling that they will be like the Droids figs from the late 80s...Either that or action feature heavy

Reaction score
Only time will tell but i am hoping for the best. I wouldn't like them to be loaded with action features but i wouldn't mind a "cartoon" style line.

Reaction score
I think this line has loads of potential... as long as they don't make them look too cartoonish and aren't loaded with action-features.

The figures should be similar (if not the same) as the regular line, but in different packaging with all new sculpts.

And I do hope a cartoon series starts up, that would be pretty cool. I'm looking forward to these, and my expectations are probably too high.

Reaction score
I think this line will consist mostly of repaints in new color cards.

Whatever NEW vehicles that were part of the WAR will also be packaged in this same box design.

If done correctly and not JUST for profit from already existing toys, then it can be really cool