Clone Wars General TV Show Discussion Thread

Reaction score
The weird part about Clone Wars is that it always had a bit of a built in finale with Revenge of the Sith. Sure, Rex, Ahsoka, and Asajj and a few others were question marks as to where they would end up but everyone else was already a done deal. And with Rebels some of those are looking to be wrapped up and answered too.

I find myself wanting more episodes less for closure and simply because, like a good television series, the stories of Clone Wars did such a good job of suggesting even more stories.
It's a shame that (so far at least) those last episodes couldn't get finished off for more Netflix content. Binging is the perfect format for those long four part story arcs.
I agree completely, it just ended and season 6 didn't tie up any loose ends what so ever. I'd love for CW to come back, and like you said it always had an ending with ROTS. Honestly I find myself missing a lot of the characters, especially after reading Dark Disciple I miss Asajj haha.

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted here, Clone Wars getting season 7. 12 episodes to get produced.
Please do more then 12 episodes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks like they are just finishing up the episodes that were left half done when TCW was axed. Hey, I'll take it, but the only disappointing part is that we are only getting 12 episodes

Reaction score
Yes, but Disney owns this so can do what they want. If they wanted to they could return to the show and tell any stories they wanted, that don't interfere with
Episode 3, season 7, or any other episode

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem isn't with what they "Can" or "Can't" do, but with what they Want to do.

TCW was a very expensive show. GL didn't mind, as his deep pockets gave him the freedom to "tell stories" has he saw fit. He didn't answer to anyone and it was all his money. So if TCW cost a lot, but it was still what he wanted to do, then he'd do it. And he did just that. TCW was going to be a big Star Wars hit and this was going to pay for itself, just like all other SW properties had. The TCW Movie, then the TV show, and then the toys, and then the associated merchandising. Plus there was a 5 year commitment, so the show would be in syndication worldwide for years. In America, TCW was shown not only the kid oriented Cartoon Network, but was also shown on the Adult Drama oriented (Turner Sister network) TNT channel.

But not everything was that successful. The TCW movie was a box office disappointment by SW standards, that TNT channel showing only lasted a few episodes, and Cartoon network moved the time of the show around a few times trying to find a optimal audience. The show never did find its way into syndication, and when Disney bought up SW, they didn't want their new property on a Turner owned network. I'm sure Turner that the TV rights to the show, so they couldn't move TCW to Disney XD, so they just axed it immediately. Luckily streaming was available.

Disney thinks about TV in a different way. We go that with Rebels. When season one Rebels started, there was a lot of new requirements for the new Disney show. Each episode was going to stand alone, all shows would take place in a single location, each episde would follow just a single set of characters, etc... Essentially, what was being said was "These episodes are going to be cost conscientious , and could be thrown into a DisneyXD line up out of order at any point in time." I"m sure Filoni and team were like "Yeah, we can totally do that......... No arcs, no problem. he he". As Rebels took root, we began to see them return to the TCW ways were the last season was pretty much all arcs. :D (Which I personally prefer)

So what does this all tell us about Disney's mentality when it comes to the TCW revival? Well sadly, from what I have seen so far, it is that Disney is only partially vested in this. They have a new streaming service that they want to launch and they need a few anchors that are exclusive to this to get people to sign up. We all already have Netflix, most also already have Amazon Prime. Do we need a third or forth? Nope. In order to get us to sign up, they better have some good material. So when they went around the table to their properties and asked "What have you go to offer quickly?", the SW folks were likely, well, in 3 years we can have this or that. But hey, we go this TCW stuff that is already 1. Written. 2. Voice Acted. 3. Story board animated. 4. Sound Work already done. 5. Fan base already well established. All we need to do it pick up where it was left off, send the stuff to Asia for final animation we can have it done by launch time, since there is already a year head start on this stuff. Bad new is that we only have half a season of episodes done. I'm sure Disney said "Hey that's good enough". Green Light!!

So I am very glad to see that more TCW is coming. But I see this more as a cleaning up and getting out the rest of season six, rather than show coming back. I do not know how much of these new episode are going to be season six and how many are going to be fresh. My hunch/intuition says that we will see those TCW Legacy rough animation episodes (Bad Batch ARCs, and Utapau Crystal) and the siege of Mandalore. Those could nearly take up all 12 episodes themselves, so I'm not sure which of the many other revealed stories could make it in this new streaming season.

For me the sad news of this, is that in the trailer when we see Ahsoka return, that to me confirms that the Siege of Mandalore is here in Season 12. Also from what I have read, this is when Ashoka and Rex head off to Mandalore to fight Maul, while Anakin and OBI speed off to rescue Palpatine from Grievous beginning ROTS. So in other words, this gives us perfect, permanent closure to TCW. So once this is done, we will never see any hope of a new TCW episodes again. This is IT, the true end.

So while Disney can do what they want now, the problem is that what they want is to get some cheap last minute TCW stuff to us to prop up the streaming service and then to put this show to bed forever. Happy for more TCW, sad to know that this really is the end this time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wasn't born yet for the beginning of Star Wars but I've been around since the beginning of the prequels. With that said I've been following Clone Wars since the beginning and have always loved and enjoyed this show. I believe that these episodes will be sufficient though imo, especially if they have the capture of Palpatine . I'm very excited about these episodes but the show can't go on forever.

Reaction score
But we all knew that SW wouldn't bee the same forever. Eventually it would have sold, if GL's Kids truly didn't want the Franchise. Even if they did take over, it likely would have a different direction anyways. And while I feel Disney still has some say in what goes on, if it hadn't been them that bought it. LFL would have still had KK in charge per GL.

Reaction score
Who thinks a young, Padawan Kanan (from Rebels) will show up in the new season of CW?

Reaction score
That could easily happen and I hope that they do it. The only ARC that I suspect is 'new' to this 7th season of TCW is the "Siege of Manalore" arc. While they had rough animations for Bad Batch, Utapua Crystal, and Ahosoka's walkabout. They did not show any rough animations for Siege. So I'm hoping that is the one part of this new TCW season that will be used for all kinds of tie-ins and closures.

I know that they have talked about "Siege of Mandalore" before. Here is what I know about it.

1. After Sidious captures Maul, he uses Maul as bait to trap Mother Talzin. Mother T is killed and Maul flees back to Mandalore to continue his Criminal empire. For some reason Sidious doesn't care.
2. Ahsoka and Rex join up with Bo Katan to fight Maul on Mandalore. They are at Mandalore during the beginning of ROTS and that is why we don't see them in the movie. (closure on that question).
3. Ahsoka is given a bunch (squad, company, garrison, etc.??) of Clone Troopers with Orange Ashoka markings.
4. Palpantine gets captured by Grievous and Obi and Aniken are recalled from Manadlore to rescue him (tie-in to ROTS)

I see plenty of opportunity for other Jedis to be included in this arc and no reason that Deepa and Dume could not be counted among them. I know that in the Kanan Comics that they are on another world fighting when Order 66 get issued. But I do remember Fen Rau giving them air support. So there is that Mandalore / Kanan connection that could be exploited. We will have to see.

Reaction score
Who thinks a young, Padawan Kanan (from Rebels) will show up in the new season of CW?
I've been rewatching all four seasons of Star Wars: Rebels. As you all know, the Grand Inquisitor taunts Kanan by correctly guessing the name of his former master, Depa Billaba. Kanan later says her final words to him were, "Run."

I'm with you. Really, really hoping for just a glimpse of Billaba and her padawan, if that's all time allows for.

I'd also like to wish for a cameo appearance by a certain Jedi Temple Guard, but he'd have his helmet on, so ... we'd never know for sure it was he.

Reaction score
1. After Sidious captures Maul, he uses Maul as bait to trap Mother Talzin. Mother T is killed and Maul flees back to Mandalore to continue his Criminal empire. For some reason Sidious doesn't care.
Now that you mention it, this could also be way for them to elaborate/tie-in on why Maul was in Solo. :hmm:

Could be interesting, or it could be just a bunch more retcons etc.

Reaction score
True. That Solo reveal was surprising to me. It tells us that Maul is doing very well and it the head of Crimson Dawn. From that I'm guessing that he likely won the Siege of Mandalore battle.

I guess he could have lost and is running Crimson Dawn from exile, but that doesn't sound right for a powerful being like him. Since Solo tanked in the theaters, I'm not sure if we will get a full answer, at least in movie form.

Reaction score
Well, in a week or so we will be getting new TCW episodes when Disney+ launches. We don't have a episode line up yet do we?

I know that we are getting the Echo/Bad Batch arc (4 episodes) and the Mandalore Arc. I do remember a arc with a Large Cyber Crystal on Utapau.

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't know there were more CW epsiodes coming in Disney+. I signed up for ita couple of months ago so this is a nice + (no pun intended)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yea. The only thing that I don't like is that Disney has said that they are not going to give it to us all in one release like Netflix does. Its going be more like HBO where episodes are released weekly. I don't like that.

Reaction score
MF! really?!? I have a bad feeling about how Disney+ is going to handle their distribution in the future. I get the feeling that we are going to be unnecessarily strung along for releases.