Clone Wars General TV Show Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Pretty good story arc that reminded me how great this show was and what a shame it ended the way it did.
I think this was an interesting arc because it attempted to lay some groundwork for a certain major piece of hardware in the original trilogy. This would have been a valuable contribution to the canon to explain how such a device could do the extraordinary thing it did.

Reaction score
So I'm watching Rebels. It's funny -- no doubt: funny, charming, with troubling hints of darkness: Agent Kallus kicking a stormtrooper to his death just for asking him whether this was his first encounter with a stormtrooper. I found that disturbing.

But how I miss Rex, Fives, Kix, Waxer, Boil, Rys, Jek, Sinker, Boost, Oddball. And the animation lacks the subtle textures of CW. Anyone else missing it?

Reaction score
I think that I read that Rebels is in a financial (Disney accountants) diet compared to Deep pockets (I have billion to spend on whims) GL financed TCW.

So I'm just glad that the TCW crew still has jobs and can put out some cool stories. Sure its not what it used to be, but the alternate could easily have been 'nothing'.

Reaction score
But how I miss Rex, Fives, Kix, Waxer, Boil, Rys, Jek, Sinker, Boost, Oddball. And the animation lacks the subtle textures of CW. Anyone else missing it?
i agree. Rebels is good, but it's nowhere near the level of Clone Wars. That's a show that really got me caring about Anakin, a snippy little Palawan and Clones.

Reaction score
Yeah. I would hate for that to happen. But Filloni is pretty cool. It should be on the web site shortly after it premiers.

Reaction score
Yeah. I would hate for that to happen. But Filloni is pretty cool. It should be on the web site shortly after it premiers.
I certainly hope so! But yes, Dave Filoni is the definition of cool (at least, around here he is). I'm always thrilled when more Clone Wars stuff comes around. My eventual hope is that they will released the unfinished Asajj/Vos arc, perhaps after the novel is released this summer.

Reaction score
I can't say that I am too interested in unfinished episodes. Despite my love for the series, I wanna see each story, and each story-arc, as part of the whole; and these will stand out like a sore thumb.

I would love to see Hasbro continue to make figures from The Clone Wars - especially in the 6" line. An Ahsoka (in her later outfit) in that line would be the jewel of my collection.

Reaction score
I'd like to think that eventually Disney would allow Dave Filoni to take the time and effort to finish these stories to completion, and put them to DVD. I also don't see why Disney couldn't allow the remaining seasons of TCW to be produced and placed straight to DVD. I mean to say we're not the type of community that is only focused on what Disney has on their radar at any given time. we can enjoy all of the time periods of our Galaxy far far away at the same time.

Reaction score
All Clone Wars fans have to check out the new season 2 Rebels trailer. It's just awesome!

Reaction score
I watched it and it really is awesome. I will refrain from commenting on what I saw, because I do not wish to deprive new viewers of the delightful surprises found therein.

Reaction score
Yeah, it was really good. Glad to see that Rebels really is a continuation of TCW, as far as story telling in the SW universe is concerned. Plenty of TCW themes in there to really solidify the connection. This really is the best thing for all of us who pained when the axe fell so swiftly on TCW. While that series died, the talent and the effort behind it continues on in Rebels. So it its not really dead, just skipped ahead a bunch of years. That I can embrace. And hopefully with keeping the teams together, the lost TCW stories will have a better possibility of being told instead of being consigned to the archives.

Reaction score
Did anyone who went to CVII get any good screen shots of the new clones from The Bad Batch? I loved the look of them and want to try and make some custom figures of them.

Reaction score
Yeah, it was really good. Glad to see that Rebels really is a continuation of TCW, as far as story telling in the SW universe is concerned. Plenty of TCW themes in there to really solidify the connection. This really is the best thing for all of us who pained when the axe fell so swiftly on TCW. While that series died, the talent and the effort behind it continues on in Rebels. So it its not really dead, just skipped ahead a bunch of years. That I can embrace. And hopefully with keeping the teams together, the lost TCW stories will have a better possibility of being told instead of being consigned to the archives.
I'd actually prefer a TCW mini-series to allow them to finish the way they had planned to finish the series. It could easily dovetail into what their doing in season 2 of Rebels or at least set those things up. I guess I was really hoping that we'd see what happened right after ROTS and see how specific clones/clone commanders reacted to Order 66. To me, a mini-series would be a lot better than a book, Comic book, or even a short flashback in Rebels.

Reaction score
No arguement from me on that. I think that everyone (Filoni included) is hoping that Disney gives TCW a finale one day. Whether is "straight to Netflix" of a DisneyXD special, we'd love to see it fold up nicely on day.

Reaction score
I think there is a possibility at some Point. Once the films get going, then Disney will have to look at what they want to do post 2019. By that Point or maybe before, there might some desire to go back to that time period. I'm sure filoni has an idea of how he could make a mini series or even 15 episodes and bring things to a conclusion and then release it like you mentioned.

Reaction score
I think there is a possibility at some Point. Once the films get going, then Disney will have to look at what they want to do post 2019. By that Point or maybe before, there might some desire to go back to that time period. I'm sure filoni has an idea of how he could make a mini series or even 15 episodes and bring things to a conclusion and then release it like you mentioned.
We could also buy up Disney stock and force the issue by proxy vote. :) "This is what the shareholders demand."

Reaction score
You may have to marry Steve Job's Widow to get that many shares, even that may not be enough. I think I read that when Steve sold Pixar to Disney, he became their largest share holder.

Reaction score
You may have to marry Steve Job's Widow to get that many shares, even that may not be enough. I think I read that when Steve sold Pixar to Disney, he became their largest share holder.
Yeah but if we bought them as a group -- that is, Star Wars fans -- yeah, we'd have a significant vote.

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to watch this, since it wasn't available at first to those viewing the website in Canada. Of course, I enjoyed the four-episode arc, and there were several particular features of the arc that I enjoyed. There is of course the main plot development, which I won't state explicitly here, and it was in many ways the true highlight of the arc.

While I am a true hard-core Clone Wars fan (at least I think of myself as fairly zealous about The Clone Wars), I also thought that this arc's writing needed some refinement. At times, I found the super-human abilities of the Bad Batch unnecessarily excessive or just plain inexplicable. Hunter's sensitivity to electro-magnetic energy seems largely unused or unnecessary, since tracking down the Cyber Station (or whatever it was called) should be fairly straightforward for Star Wars-era sensors. Wrecker's strength bordered on the ludicrous, almost Marvel-esque, and I felt it was out of place for The Clone Wars. That's hard for me to say, since I tend to be a relatively staunch advocate of the show. Hunter's blade-fighting seems either inexplicable or in need of a different animation: I'm going to assume that in the finished episodes, their blades would be energy-based, not plain edged weapons to be used against droids. Crosshair was totally plausible, and Tech was mostly so, although it might have been a little easier for him to have employed a machine translator, since it's unlikely he could approximate decent pronunciation for the first time.

All in all, however, it was a joy to see this fairly well-finished story, and I'm grateful that Disney and Star Wars let us see it. Long live The Clone Wars!

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for sharing the link for Bad Batch! I am a huge fan of this series, and watch it to this day on Netflix. Once I get home tonight, I'm checking this out.

Reaction score
That was awesome, I miss the CW so much; just haven't been able to get into Rebels no matter how many OT characters they throw into it. Clone Wars was just good, funny I actually started watching Season 5 this morning with my daughter; I think 5 is tops on all fronts.

Reaction score
That trailer was nicely done - while I enjoyed the SOD comic series and the DD novel, I still hope at some point we many see all of the unaired episodes. I truly miss the CW series, and while I like Rebels - they should have focused on giving CW a proper ending.

Reaction score
That trailer was nicely done - while I enjoyed the SOD comic series and the DD novel, I still hope at some point we many see all of the unaired episodes. I truly miss the CW series, and while I like Rebels - they should have focused on giving CW a proper ending.
Couldn't agree more, they should have ended all story arc's properly, ended the show with respect to the fans and viewers. The fact they ended it so quickly and just cut everything short was a serious shock to me. Just yup were done, too bad.
Then came the EU destruction, so now everything we've read has literally become meaningless. I'm glad Clone Wars remains canon and I've read most the Canon books but nonetheless they lost some incredible characters and stories by making EU non-existent. As for Rebels, I have no love for any of the characters, I've tried but it's just not interesting. The only thing I have enjoyed is the odd existing character coming back, Vader for example.

ZX3

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, they should have ended all story arc's properly, ended the show with respect to the fans and viewers. The fact they ended it so quickly and just cut everything short was a serious shock to me. Just yup were done, too bad.
Then came the EU destruction, so now everything we've read has literally become meaningless. I'm glad Clone Wars remains canon and I've read most the Canon books but nonetheless they lost some incredible characters and stories by making EU non-existent. As for Rebels, I have no love for any of the characters, I've tried but it's just not interesting. The only thing I have enjoyed is the odd existing character coming back, Vader for example.
The weird part about Clone Wars is that it always had a bit of a built in finale with Revenge of the Sith. Sure, Rex, Ahsoka, and Asajj and a few others were question marks as to where they would end up but everyone else was already a done deal. And with Rebels some of those are looking to be wrapped up and answered too.

I find myself wanting more episodes less for closure and simply because, like a good television series, the stories of Clone Wars did such a good job of suggesting even more stories.
It's a shame that (so far at least) those last episodes couldn't get finished off for more Netflix content. Binging is the perfect format for those long four part story arcs.