Clone Wars General TV Show Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Apparently a Disney edict as it was one of the first things to go, probably had to do with also Cartoon Network.

Reaction score
My gut instinct was that it also was Cartoon Network that Disney wanted to cut loose any strings of attachment. Luckily the Clone Wars talent was retained and given a new project. So we can expect more of what we liked, rather than seeing it gone all together.

My guess is that TCW stories of season 6+, 7, and 8 will be told one day. Maybe not all of them, but the significant ones. We are getting one now in the Comic book form. Disney make make more episodes, but it won't be until well down the road after rebels has itself solidly established. So I really don't even bother to hope for more episodes at this time. The good news is that Disney embraces a lot of those "straight to video" releases with its products. So new TCW arcs pretty much drop right into that business model. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Disney also canceled mostly every Star Wars game in development and the EU( mostly Dark Horse). Basically they wanted complete control, freshness and cut any loose strings. Hope their programming and new movies arent duds, they havent had a good track record aside for POTC lately - and even that series has begun to crack.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Non Marvel related with franchises based on books like stuff like Narnia, Lone Ranger and John Carter ect. And many of the Marvel movies started before Disney purchased them during the 2000's even if they're getting rebooted or sequelized the Marvel movie franchises largely predate Disney's acquisitions in August of 2009.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Disney also canceled mostly every Star Wars game in development and the EU( mostly Dark Horse). Basically they wanted complete control, freshness and cut any loose strings. Hope their programming and new movies arent duds, they havent had a good track record aside for POTC lately - and even that series has begun to crack.
While I would necessarily say they wanted freshness, but the complete control is accurate. IMO they haven't started anything that resembles something new, it's all mostly been about rehashing the OT. And exploring only that era.

Reaction score
Freshness in their minds, not necessarily in ours as they've cancled many things and want to create different games, shows ect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Non Marvel related with franchises based on books like stuff like Narnia, Lone Ranger and John Carter ect. And many of the Marvel movies started before Disney purchased them during the 2000's even if they're getting rebooted or sequelized the Marvel movie franchises largely predate Disney's acquisitions in August of 2009.
Fair enough, I forget that Lone Ranger, Narnia etc are Disney.
The issue (as even disney have noted) is that they pushed those films to their limits- big budgets, 'hype', merchandise etc, even though it was never going to work. Not every film has to be big to make big, and disney have acknowledged this. As of this year, they've brought in new rules internally as to how much each project can splash out, leaving more for big hitters like SW and Avengers. Even Pirates has now been revised to a new budget in order to work.

Reaction score
Little odd story though in Son of Dathomir, like somehow Sidious would know the Mandalorians would rescue Maul and that Maul would go seeking Talzin after having his forces near wiped out within a few minutes and with regards to Talzin whom he had virtually no contact with her even during his resurrection by her hand - she quickly vanished rather than stuck around to chat with him. Is Maul supposed to be her actual son , he's presented and described by Sidious as a not to appreciated gift by her to him. Kinda like she gave him up for adoption unwillingly or begrudgingly or both.

Most of Maul's Mandalorians got wiped out in the last few pages, very short battle and it was like the CIS fleet was hot on his tail soon as he escaped Stygeon like they were prepared prior to his rescue, bit too convenient unless crazy Almec is in cahoots now with Sidious on a payroll basis but this too is too convenient if the case.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is news, but season 6: lost missions downloads are now purchasable on iTunes, amazon and other sites. My wife read it online last night and this am, I saw them on iTunes and amazon.

Reaction score
Little odd story though in Son of Dathomir, like somehow Sidious would know the Mandalorians would rescue Maul and that Maul would go seeking Talzin after having his forces near wiped out within a few minutes and with regards to Talzin whom he had virtually no contact with her even during his resurrection by her hand - she quickly vanished rather than stuck around to chat with him. Is Maul supposed to be her actual son , he's presented and described by Sidious as a not to appreciated gift by her to him. Kinda like she gave him up for adoption unwillingly or begrudgingly or both.

Most of Maul's Mandalorians got wiped out in the last few pages, very short battle and it was like the CIS fleet was hot on his tail soon as he escaped Stygeon like they were prepared prior to his rescue, bit too convenient unless crazy Almec is in cahoots now with Sidious on a payroll basis but this too is too convenient if the case.
I think Sidious put these events in motion, because he knows that Talzin is more of a threat than Maul. Neither Dooku, Grievous, or Mace Windu have been able to defeat her. The only one that can is Sidious - which we're likely to see in volume 4. As for Talzin being the mother of Maul, according to the EU, his mother is a Nightsister named Kycina - but with the Disney changes, they could alter that...

Reaction score
Not sure if this is news, but season 6: lost missions downloads are now purchasable on iTunes, amazon and other sites. My wife read it online last night and this am, I saw them on iTunes and amazon.
Glad to hear, now we just need a release on disc!

Reaction score
I think Sidious put these events in motion, because he knows that Talzin is more of a threat than Maul. Neither Dooku, Grievous, or Mace Windu have been able to defeat her. The only one that can is Sidious - which we're likely to see in volume 4. As for Talzin being the mother of Maul, according to the EU, his mother is a Nightsister named Kycina - but with the Disney changes, they could alter that...
Grievous had her on the run on dathomir. Tyranus never dueled her(yet atleast) and she may of held her own against Windu she was defeated and fled before Windu and Jar Jar after losing her mission to bring fourth the "great mother". Her magiks creating lightsaber resistant blades of mist also goes against Lucas' own mandates of no vibro swords or metals(cortosis?) that are able to resist lightsaber weapons. Maybe its falling into the same loophole as the electro staff or lightsaber able to parry force lightning, but is a problem. While its nice to see Maul using his signature double bladed lightsaber weapon, I dont like how he's losing his sabers - provided the cover art features in the actual comic. If Talzin dies, then her magic fades with her, if she dies that means Maul will lose his green mist blades,lol. It is possible she teaches Maul some of the magiks but apparently she's not a natural force user, more a leech that summons the force through Sith-like spells - which I dont know about but thats pretty much what was implied in the jar jar /windu arc and even mentioned by Talzin not being a natural force wielder and to be so presumably she needed the "great mother" or to be come the great mother whatever was going there with that strange episode.

We'll see if its answered why she waited until after Ventress to show up, to send her to Opress inorder to have Tyranus and Ventress send him back to her, to send him off to Maul its almost like the writers are playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon or some silly crap.

Fights with Grievous, Kenobi, Skywalker, Sidious, Tyranus ect are rigged, cause they're in the movie - obviously we know the outcome they win.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't say she dueled those three and won each time, rather simply that she has yet to be defeated or killed by anyone. If she falls, it should be after a lightening duel with Sidious, who I feel is her only true equal. As for her weapon, it was made from spirit ichor, the source of all power on Dathomir. It's also how she can pass between the physical and spirit realms, which is a force power without doubt. When she claimed to not be a natural force user, I think that's based on her belief and perception that her magiks are from deities. Like Ventress, Maul, and Savage - I believe she is using the force, but only channeling it via spirit ichor, which she refers to as magic. Is that anymore unnatural than some Sith abilities when using the force? Interesting questions that I hope the comic series will delve into...

Reaction score
Talzin didnt appear to have much interest or use for Ventress and she was apparently the only actual force wielder out of the female nightsister bunch of Dathomir. Windu claims her magiks are "illusions", if they
are illusions than someone who sees past them can render her magiks useless and non lethal. Perhaps to force wielders they believe in magic so it renders her powers real, but these are CW problems - they should of just made Talzin a natural force wielder instead of some sorta vampire and conjurer of spells. After her use in obtaining Opress Ventress was basically useless , after her failure to stop Grievous left out on her own by Talzin. So you would think Talzin wouldve hooked her up with Maul rather than some non-force sensitive throwaway but that is a problem the writers had as they created Opress before Lucas decided Maul is alive now, but there is problems in the storytelling. I don't think placing too much on Talzin's might and status is credible at this point, as her magic also wears off once an item lost, limb severed, pot spilled or death and she needs to recharge her powers by suckling on the force of dead lifeforms so its limited unlike the light or dark force which is unlimited power. She's a clan mother and her and "old Dakka" are apparently the only ones able to use magiks, which appear to be clan mother orientated, none of the nightsisters in the CW cartoon use the force or magiks, they're basically female ninjas. EU Nightsisters are much different like Minghella who battled Maul in a few panels with the darkside than what we got on the show.

With Talzin possessing Tyranus' body, I wonder if she's dead prior(from the windu arc) or needs his body to use the force to battle Sidious but she's becoming rather redundant I think, and she appears at strange points in the storyline.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To me, it seems like Talzin was interested in the fate of Ventress, as she nursed her back to health, made her a Nightsister, helped her seek revenge, etc. She even wrapped her arms around her a couple times - I think she cares about the Nightbrothers and Nightsisters, but I do think she is still using them for her own benefit. That's why I think she is similar to Sidious, as he will also use his pawns to achieve his end goals. I'm not sure why she abandoned Ventress, perhaps she wanted her to leave Dathomir because she foresaw what would happen in the comics? Perhaps she was attempting to gather the living force because she knew she'd have to battle Sidious? Ventress is still a Nightsister, only working as a bounty hunter - if Talzin falls, Ventress could return to Dathomir to take her place...

I agree that there are some issues with the writing, because Talzin is clearly using the force, only describing it as magik. Did she lie in the last episode, is it a perception issue, or is she only able to tap into the force unnaturally? Likewise, would Savage have been able to use the force as he did if he were not transformed with spirit Ichor? Speaking of, when he was transformed, and when Ventress went in the water of life, we see other Nightsisters using their magiks in a trace state similar to Talzin, so I don't feel that ability is limited to her - and with Ventress transformed, she likely has that power now...

Reaction score
Am curious as to why Ventress is left out of the Son of Dathomir arc, if she is but we'll see. If Talzin is pissed at Sidious for forsaking Maul and choosing another apprentice instead of salvaging and saving( her son or grandchild who was destined for greatness) apprentice(as he does later with Vader as he does not repeat this mistake this was noted by Sam and Dave in interviews even) - than a more logical means wouldve been to have Ventress seek out Maul not Opress as I was saying, that is still a major flaw in the writing. I dont want to be too repetitive however yet I find that annoying but dont get me wrong I do like Opress but didnt like the way this character was written and all juiced up on magiks Frankenstein is bleh.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up volume 2 - the intensity of the story is definitely building. Anyone that doesn't want spoilers - come back after reading it...

Its interesting, as some have theorized, Mother Talzin makes her first appearance in the series, and refers to Maul as her child and her beloved son. Is it possible that Talzin is indeed his biological mother - or does she simply refer to all the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers as her children, being the clan Mother?

We also get hints as to the relationship between Sidious and Talzin, when Maul refers to Sidious as her enemy. Dooku mentions that Sidious and Talzin were once allies as well. We get a brief history between them, as Dooku explains that Sidious sought out her teachings and magiks. Finally, Dooku says she is older than one would guess - begging the question - is she using the force to extend her life...

Reaction score
dathomir is pretty inbred, but they never explain why all the males have horns while females do not and come out albino.

Reaction score
Looks like Sidious will have to step up considering the events in the second volume...

Reaction score
I just read that The Clone Wars is going to be available in 4K on Netflix. Supposedly, seasons 1 - 3 are already rendered, they just need to do the rest.

I don't have a 4K TV and I'm not likely going to get one until they become the defacto standard. So this is a wash to me, but it does bring attention to TCW, which I like.

Reaction score
I thought I posted this last night (maybe it was a different forum) but I'm watching the first season last night (this year is my first time EVER watching this series. I thought I watched a few out of order long ago, but I don't recall, now),... but anyways. I got prematurely excited last night when the annoying Jar Jar Binks was mistaken as a Jedi, and was destroyed! YEAH!!!! Finally, Jar Jar is DEAD!!!!...sigh, he didn't die. Maybe later in Season 1 or Season 2? He's just as annoying on this show as he was in the Ep.1 movie.

The series is really good. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Reaction score
Maybe later in Season 1 or Season 2? He's just as annoying on this show as he was in the Ep.1 movie.
I'm glad you are enyoing the show, but you do realize that Jar Jar is actually in ROTS and therefore can't die in The Clone Wars, right?

Reaction score
I'm glad you are enyoing the show, but you do realize that Jar Jar is actually in ROTS and therefore can't die in The Clone Wars, right?
he could have been resurrected by the Dark Force. shhhh!!! don't ruin my hopes.

Reaction score
Bah, some quick Lucas ILM digital editing and that pesky ROTS Jar-Jar quickly becomes a new Character who has implications in Episode VIII. Now time for the 3D 4K Theatrical Re-Releases of Episodes I - VI.

Reaction score
Bah, some quick Lucas ILM digital editing and that pesky ROTS Jar-Jar quickly becomes a new Character who has implications in Episode VIII. Now time for the 3D 4K Theatrical Re-Releases of Episodes I - VI.
Well you make fun of it, but I was disappointed when I heard they had cancelled the theatrical re-release. I wasn't even close to being born when the original trilogy was released, so I never got to see them on the big screen...

Back on topic, I don't think we'll see Jar Jar in Rebels or Episode VII, but maybe we'll get to see his son? ;)

Abso Bar Binks - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Reaction score
I make fun, but I would be there next in line to you. I did see 3D TPM, plus the re-releases that occurred back in 1997 for ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. The OT on the big screen is an experience. 3D TPM, not so memorable, but then again, I only have one 100% working eye.

Reaction score
I make fun, but I would be there next in line to you. I did see 3D TPM, plus the re-releases that occurred back in 1997 for ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. The OT on the big screen is an experience. 3D TPM, not so memorable, but then again, I only have one 100% working eye.
I went to see TPM 3d because I was only 8 or 9 years old when my parents took me to Episode 1 back in 1999. I didn't remember much from back then, so it was a great experience to actually see Star Wars on the big screen again, even if it was The Phantom Menace.

Reaction score
I just watched the episodes where the Nazi guy made an airborne virus and one went-off. ONCE again, another GREAT opportunity for JarJar to DIE! But no, he lived.
It was really cool to see a bunch of Hammerheads on the planet with the "ghost" around it.
Now I'm watching Season 1 Episode 19 I think, where Asoko is feeling down about losing her troop.

This is some great stuff! I wish I watched this when it was new.

AND, i just finished Season 1. I'm going to stop there for tonight, i'm getting sleepy... I dozed off at the beginning of the last episode. I rewatched it. I'm glad because it had CAD BANE. I like the way he looks, and i'm very glad to see that a villain of Bravestarr has been integrated into the Star Wars universe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just read that The Clone Wars is going to be available in 4K on Netflix. Supposedly, seasons 1 - 3 are already rendered, they just need to do the rest.

I don't have a 4K TV and I'm not likely going to get one until they become the defacto standard. So this is a wash to me, but it does bring attention to TCW, which I like.
I wonder how this will turn out. Even on the 1080p version of the Season 1 Blu-ray, you can already see where the limited budget and rapid production schedule if TV showed up in the animation, especially on the background scenery "paint" applications. The first example that comes to mind are the outside shots of "Rookies" and the Ventress arc.

Reaction score
Argh, I missed the Issue 3 of the Son of Dathomier comic book. I was away when it arrived at the store and so when I went to get it, it was sold out. So I asked them to get me a copy. They put in a special order, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Must resist reading spoilers.

Reaction score
Every issue of the Son of Dathomir series has sold out at the comic shops near me, it seems popular, so I hope at some point the story is animated. Issue #3 has some pretty big reveals, and issue #4, based on the cover alone, makes me want to see this on the big or small screen. I really wish LFL / Disney had a Darth Maul movie planned, as I enjoy the character...

Reaction score
Its taking all of my strength and will power to resist reading the thread on that issue. :D Comic book store told me it would be in this week, called, its not here yet.

Reaction score
According to TheDigitalBits:
This should be considered unofficial, but word from retail sources is that Disney (in about three weeks time) is going to announce Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions for Blu-ray and DVD release before the end of the year.

Reaction score
I'll get it if they have any compelling extras on it.

otherwise I do have Netflix. The only problem with Netflix is that one day, the stuff can get yanked.

Reaction score
Apparently this has been advertised on the German Amazon site for about a month. So I'd say its a pretty safe bet that its on its way. I hope so because I haven't seen anything apart from the preview scenes.