Clone Wars General TV Show Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Ok I have a question about clone cadets. This episode apparently takes place fairly recent after attack of the clones. So how does a clone come to be as old as 99?
He was an abomination.
As a side effect, his age could have been greatly accelerated so it was faster than the other aging clones.

Reaction score
Ok I have a question about clone cadets. This episode apparently takes place fairly recent after attack of the clones. So how does a clone come to be as old as 99. It does bot make sense to me. And why have we never seen any old clones before.
99 is not old. He is defective, something wrong happened with the DNA for him and he came out differently from all other Clones. So it's not that he is old, it's that his DNA is messed up...

Reaction score
His name 99, is not to do with his age, but to Batch 99 that he was cloned from. That batch must have all come out deformed.

Reaction score
Preview clip from "Darkness on Umbara", the next episode! From my point of view, this makes up for the lacklustre season that season 4 has been so far already! Umbara looks so EPIC!
Darkness on Umbara episode preview - YouTube

Gotta love Hardcase's line "Time to lock and load!" :D

On that topic of Hardcase, I'd love to see a phase 2 figure of him, the phase 2 model for him has a lot more detail than the phase 1 model...

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that link. If this episode is as good as the clip, it will indeed make up for the other Season 4 episodes thus far.

Reaction score
have you noticed how the ARF trooper helmet looks like the dogfaced Kashyyyk troopers helmet

Reaction score
have you noticed how the ARF trooper helmet looks like the dogfaced Kashyyyk troopers helmet
It's not the ARF Trooper, it's the AT-RT drivers in the preview.

The official website of SW revealed this :
Umbara saw the deployment of many clone forces, under the command of Generals Kenobi, Krell and Tiin. On the darkened surface of the planet, these clones charged directly into the advanced technology of the Umbarans. During the prolonged campaign to retake Umbara, General Pong Krell was given temporary command of the 501st Legion of clone troopers. The gruff, fiercely focused Jedi ordered the clones to conquer the Umbaran capital, no matter what the odds.The Umbara campaign of the Clone Wars was a trying time for Clone Captain Rex, who had to carefully balance the strict orders of his commanding officers with the well-being of his troops.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the back-story.
You're welcome.

I got season 3 in Blu-Ray, excellent ! Perfect ! I love the special features for the Blu-Ray : I mean the deleted/alternative scenes, the creation of many scenes, turning table ... are exceptional. I particularly loved the alternative scene of the battle of Sullust with Ahsoka, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Marcus, it was a very intense battle. I liked the deleted scene of the necklace with Ziro in the episode Hunt For Ziro, it shows how Ziro doesn't care about Sy Snootles. So many scenes were fantastic. And the creation of the scene was so interesting, it's so difficult to do such animation that it's so beautiful to know how they make it. Finally, the hidden bonus were very good. The documentaries were very interesting. I really appreciate that they don't reveal to much things about the meaning of the Mortis arc in the documentary because it keeps a mystery like in the serie TV LOST and it's awesome, they will have to reveal more about the meaning of Mortis later as Dave Filoni said. And I'm very impressed that George Lucas has his files about the Force, I really want to know everything there is in that file.
The quality of the episode in Blu-Ray are magnificent, you see every details, every little details. You really think you are in a real movie.
I give the grade of 10/10 for this season 3 box set in Blu-Ray.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Umbara

Well, this looks like it will be the Death of many a named 501st clone.

I saw a Phase II Jesse in there, so he is a candidate. Heck, even Rex doesn't make it to Episode III. Is this our 'shocker' moment in this arc?

I don't think that they are doing to leave the Ahsoka and Rex fates unanswered until the very last TCW episode.

Reaction score
I just can't see them offing Rex here, but Jesse and the others could all be on the block. The final episode of this arc is called Carnage of Krell, which sure sounds ominous for his troops. If Rex does die, I can't see it happening till the end of the series.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just can't see them offing Rex here, but Jesse and the others could all be on the block. The final episode of this arc is called Carnage of Krell, which sure sounds ominous for his troops. If Rex does die, I can't see it happening till the end of the series.
Rex can't die in this arc anyway, as there are at least a couple of shots that show him further into the season, in the "Slavers" arc. I'd say Fives and Krell will be the most important deaths, and Tup probably will die too, but they give him a couple or three episodes to make us pretty upset when the young newbie dies...

The definite thing, this arc will be a goldmine of figures! :D

Reaction score
Rex can't die in this arc anyway, as there are at least a couple of shots that show him further into the season, in the "Slavers" arc. I'd say Fives and Krell will be the most important deaths, and Tup probably will die too, but they give him a couple or three episodes to make us pretty upset when the young newbie dies...

The definite thing, this arc will be a goldmine of figures! :D
Jesse will survive too, we saw him in an other arc with Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka.

Reaction score
Heck, even Rex doesn't make it to Episode III.
How do you know?
Just because he wasn't in the movie (none 501st were actually named, with the exception of Bow, which was a toy and never actually named) doesn't mean he wasn't alive.
For all we know, the clone (the toy named Bow) who told Bail to leave could have actually been Rex. Then again, Rex could have still been leading the charge in the temple during the scenes we actually saw.

Reaction score
How do you know?
Just because he wasn't in the movie (none 501st were actually named, with the exception of Bow, which was a toy and never actually named) doesn't mean he wasn't alive.
For all we know, the clone (the toy named Bow) who told Bail to leave could have actually been Rex. Then again, Rex could have still been leading the charge in the temple during the scenes we actually saw.
Wow, you are so right. I was stoopid for my assumptions. He really could have been all over Episode III for all I know. I should have kept my mouth shut.

I mean think about the opening scene with all of those Capital ships, and then think about how many clones are on those ships. It would be foolish to think that he wasn't on one of them. My rashness gets me in trouble sometimes.

I guess if I qualify my statements ahead of time, I can prevent such follies. Ok, here it goes. I *think* that Rex gets either killed off or somehow is 'out of the army' by the time of Episode III. His absence as a primary character would likely beg for a reason. Sure, it could be that he was 'just in the next room' the whole time. But I think that they will bring more of a story to his fate than that. *But* that is just me everyone, don't take it as canon. It hate to up my Geek Cred by getting into a fight about Star Wars cannon on the Internet where grown men talk about toys. *pew* *pew*

Reaction score
I saw the episode Darkness On Umbara :
One of my favorite episode. This beginning of the battle was so epic ! If you are a fan of the 501st legion, this episode is for you ! The character of Pong Krell is very interesting, completely different from the over jedi, I like this character. It's good to see again the clones of the 501st legion that we love like Kix, Jesse, Hardcase. Fives has a phase II armor ! There is a reference to Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring : there is monster similar to the Watcher.
My grade : 10/10
I can't to see the episode The General.
Fives phase I :

Fives phase II :

Preview of The General :
Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 4 - Episode 8 - The General Preview - YouTube

Reaction score
Darkness on Umbara. Well, I must say finally Landing at Point Rain has met it's equal (or better), I've never enjoyed an episode this much before. I give it more than 10/10, though that is impossible :excitement:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Completely agree with you DeltaSquad! This is the kind of stuff that got me hooked on this show. So nice to have another epic battle episode. I was starting to lose a little interest in the show, but now I'm right back in thanks to this episode!! The Mon Cal episodes were ok, but this episode brought back that "Brothers in Arms" kind of feel that's been missing for awhile. Good job Mr. Filoni!!!:encouragement:

Reaction score
i just hope that general Krell gets killed and soon the guys is leaing the 501st on a suiscide mission and the guys seems really odd and susspicious

Reaction score
im pretty sure the 501st turn on Krell and kill him! thats why they have no worries invading the jedi temple in ep 3. rex walks in and does the Butch from pulp fiction scene. grabs a gun, then and axe then uses anakins saber to due the deed. anakin makes up a story that dooku did it and all is good...
well it sounds cool doesnt it!

Reaction score
I really liked Darkness on Umbara. This is easily in my top 5 episodes of TCW with Landing at Point Rain easily being my favorite. I hope the new episodes in this story arc are just as good or better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't been on the forums in awhile, but I have to agree with all of those that said Darkness on Umbra is right there with Landing at Point Rain in terms of all-time great eps! The only bad thing about it is waiting an entire year before it makes it to Blu-ray!

GNT

Reaction score
IThe only bad thing about it is waiting an entire year before it makes it to Blu-ray!
You should be able to download it off a torrent website or just record it as it airs till the proper DVD arrives. I think SW.com also puts the episodes up after it airs as well :)

Reaction score
You should be able to download it off a torrent website or just record it as it airs till the proper DVD arrives. I think SW.com also puts the episodes up after it airs as well :)
Hey GNT,

Nice to be back on your board!

I download the 720p during the season to watch on the big screen, but I make sure to watch it only once. Then I wait until the Blu-ray boxset the next year to watch it again! There is a HUGE difference in 720p broadcast/web download and the 1080p Blu-ray - from pixel perspective, it is literally twice as good!

I PM'd you last year about getting the 720p HD episodes online ;)

Reaction score
Yes totally, I had to rewind it a couple times to be sure that was the name I thought I heard.

Reaction score
I loved the fact that Appo has the same markings that he had in ROTS, along with several of the other troopers. Looks like the transition into the ROTS markings will be easier than I suspected. I've often wondered how they would do the transition from clones having so much individuality to looking more alike.
I just hope it doesn't come down to Rex, Fives, and all the other boys getting waxed, only to leave Appo and the rest of the 501st to fend for themselves.

Reaction score
Info on the 3 episodes after "The General".
Two clones face execution in "Carnage of Krell"? Fives is probably one of them, and the other Jesse. I say this because of Hardcase and Dogma being in a shot with Krell in that Dee Bradley Baker interview. Seems like Krell has a dark side, perhaps not Sith, but maybe Dark Jedi?
Apparently, "Kidnapped" is part of the Slavers arc. I can't believe that's va...lid, the slaves are all adults, not kids IMO. While this states otherwise, until a definite reliable source says so, I still stand by "Kidnapped" being the one part Lux & Ahsoka one. Besides, "Kidnapped" and "Slaves of the Republic" don't go well in the same arc, as they both basically mean the same thing, right?

Source: Comics Continuum: Star Wars: The Clone Wars in November

Reaction score
Info on the 3 episodes after "The General".
Two clones face execution in "Carnage of Krell"? Fives is probably one of them, and the other Jesse. I say this because of Hardcase and Dogma being in a shot with Krell in that Dee Bradley Baker interview. Seems like Krell has a dark side, perhaps not Sith, but maybe Dark Jedi?
Apparently, "Kidnapped" is part of the Slavers arc. I can't believe that's va...lid, the slaves are all adults, not kids IMO. While this states otherwise, until a definite reliable source says so, I still stand by "Kidnapped" being the one part Lux & Ahsoka one. Besides, "Kidnapped" and "Slaves of the Republic" don't go well in the same arc, as they both basically mean the same thing, right?

Source: Comics Continuum: Star Wars: The Clone Wars in November
For Carnage Of Krell, this is what happend :
Rex stands up for his men, who face execution for disobeying Pong Krell.
But we know that Jesse will survive like Rex because they were in another planet during the trailers of season 4 !
And this what happend in Plan Of Dissent :
The clones disobey orders and plan to take out a supply ship.

Reaction score
the 501st are one of the many legions of clones that trust their Jedi commanders implicitly when Palpatine reassigns Anakin and places the taskmaster Krell in his place the plan is to drive a wedge between the clones and the Jedi ,the clones will hate Krell and that infection will spread thru the GAR so by the time Order 66 is issued the clones will have no compunction about turning on the Jedi .