Clone Wars General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Re: Clone Wars General Discussion Thread - v2

I WANT AN EMBO FIGURE... This guy is insane. I would love to know a story on his backround.

Reaction score

Well I watched Episode 18 today (Saturday) and it wasn't to bad, It was all based on Malastare and the best part was seeing the Republic using ARC-170's for, I think the first time? And also seeing the first Dug characters in the show which where fairly neat especially the mounted Dug Warriors they ride what I can only best describe as giant Cricket/Grass Hopper Creatures and the warriors use electro-spear type weapons, but they don't use them against the separatists but something else Hmm?. We also saw a new Y-wing pilot which if produced as an action figure would possibly mean we'd get the Red variant Y-Wing fighter at some point. don't want to give the story away for all those that haven't seen the episode yet. and finally If your reading this on Sunday HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Reaction score

Just saw the season finale trailer on starwars.com and it looks AWSOME!!!!

Reaction score

Had to go look after I read your post.
I think that trailer has parts from the last three episodes since that is the final arc of this season and it revolves around Boba. There is way too much going on there to be just the last episode. It does look amazing though. Can't wait, enough though it will mean an end to this season.

Reaction score

I saw on a site that had a pic of Boba and Sing from the clone wars and a story behind them (I wont say anything cause I dont want to be a spoiler). I wonder if thats gonna be the shows that I read.

Reaction score

If ive read correctly the parts with plo koon and ashoka in the under city is the last episode(lethel Trackdown I think it was called).....Well as long as we get to see plo use his lightsaber im in.

Reaction score

darth_nihilus23 said:
If ive read correctly the parts with plo koon and ashoka in the under city is the last episode(lethel Trackdown I think it was called).....Well as long as we get to see plo use his lightsaber im in.
I dont think I have ever seen him use his double lightsaber he uses on his arm. Has anyone seen him use it?

GNT

Reaction score

WarpedJedi said:
darth_nihilus23 said:
I dont think I have ever seen him use his double lightsaber he uses on his arm. Has anyone seen him use it?
I don't believe his used it yet and he may never. His lightsaber gauntlet is actually based on a concept of Plo Koon that was meant to be used in ROTS but was never used.

Reaction score

Return of the ARC 170 in Zillo Beast. Now I want one, and some Dugs would be cool too !

Reaction score

MolaRam said:
Return of the ARC 170 in Zillo Beast. Now I want one, and some Dugs would be cool too !
Yeah , it would be cool some Dugs !
I have the ARC-170 of ROTS and I think for TCW they juste must repaint this ARC-170

Reaction score

I wasn't overly impressed with this episode, the Dugs or the Zillo itself. The pilot of the red Y-Wing with the lizard eyes helmet was the best thing in it. Not overly thrilled that it's a two parter according to the trailer for next week.

Reaction score

If the next big CW vehicle is indeed Slave 1, it would explain why they didn't show if off at Toyfair. I'm sure that LF had them on lockdown on releasing any info on Boba. But sure enough, someone puts out the slave 1 mini vehicle launcher on display and lets the cat out of the bag early.

A big slave 1 would make a lot of sense because they could repaint it in ESB colors and get double the mileage out of the mold.

I would rather see the Attack Shuttle or Twilight, but I'm sure given their recent track record with big ships, it will be a winner.

Reaction score

I hope we'll see more of those stun tanks.
It would be cool if Hasbro made a plastic version of this vehicle. However, it would probably be way undersized, considering the actual vehicle is rather big :

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:
I wasn't overly impressed with this episode, the Dugs or the Zillo itself. The pilot of the red Y-Wing with the lizard eyes helmet was the best thing in it. Not overly thrilled that it's a two parter according to the trailer for next week.
I take that back! Part 2 is awesome, the name "Zillo" plainly a tribute to Godzilla. Palps rules in this one too.

3 left, Boba next week

Reaction score

I finally got caught up on my Clone Wars earlier today. The scale of the first Zillo beast episode was absolutely amazing. They are showing a lot more military hardware on the screen at one time, demonstrating how CGI technology has evolved from Season 1 to Season 2.

That said, there is a scene where they totally cheaped out. So I won't give away too much, I'll just say it involves droids.

I can't wait till Season 2 makes it to Blu Ray! I want the season to end so I can watch it again in full HD!

Reaction score

I was wondering if anyone knows when 2010 Clone Wars Wave 1 (blue card) is scheduled to be released? Thanks!

Reaction score

Frequency said:
I was wondering if anyone knows when 2010 Clone Wars Wave 1 (blue card) is scheduled to be released? Thanks!
At the Toy Fair NY 2010 , Hasbro said 2010 The Clone Wars Wave 1 (Blue Card) is scheduled to be released in august

Reaction score

CaptainRex2a said:
Frequency said:
At the Toy Fair NY 2010 , Hasbro said 2010 The Clone Wars Wave 1 (Blue Card) is scheduled to be released in august
Thanks! That gives me all summer to get caught up with the Clone Wars and a few other lines.

Reaction score
THE ZILLO BEAST

This item would be too cool for school! Throw in Palpy's shuttle and a Padme to boot and you have some old school Star Wars adventure!

Reaction score
Re: THE ZILLO BEAST

I just watched Zillo Part 1. The monster reminds me of Godzilla or Cloverfield. That alien doctor looks a lot like a Rakata. I'm interested in watching Part 2.

Reaction score

Jcc2224Cody said:
I said Godzilla, TOO! When he was destroying Coruscant I said "Oh look! It's Star Wars Godzilla!" LOL
I thought it was a nice subtle tie in. especially for star wars/godzilla/monster fans like muself

Reaction score

Does anybody else kind of want a Zillo? It would make a neat toy if it had a hinged jaw and open throat, allowing it to eat and swallow figures, then a hatch on its belly or back for recovery.

Reaction score

JediFlaherty said:
Does anybody else kind of want a Zillo? It would make a neat toy if it had a hinged jaw and open throat, allowing it to eat and swallow figures, then a hatch on its belly or back for recovery.
I agree ! I really want Zillo

Reaction score

I want a Zillo. I agree it would be a smaller size like the Rancor. But they are cloning it. So if they released it as a baby size with the doctor that would be cool.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Continue on here with general Hasbro Clone Wars discussion.

Here are the last few posts from the previous thread:

Cyclone said:

Found a pic of the Phase II armor in the episode.
JoeDarkfall said:
That sucks, it's waaay to early for phase II.
GNT said:
Just a bit to soon IMO as well, maybe we'll see a mixture in upcoming episodes.
WarpedJedi said:
It means we are coming closer to the end...and thats sad. (when I say closer I know there still may be a few years...but still)
That Clone..looks...AWESOME! I can't wait to see a figure. I just want to
with Lucas for this idea for phase II CW!

Reaction score

Jcc2224Cody said:
idea with the doctor. Her species has not yet been named.
I think her kind are of the Rakata, which are seen in Bioware's Star Wars RPG game, "Knights of the Old Republic". I'm not 100% sure, but the 2 species look similar.

Reaction score

I saw the connection too. I doubt they are the same, however. It would be wicked cool if she was a Rakatan, but I just don't see that happening.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

While the name Zillo seems to be an homage to Godzilla, I also thought there was some King Kong thrown in too. The scene that made me think of Kong was the beast climbing the building and swatting at the gunships and then falling to the street below. Very similar to Kong climbing the Empire State Building and swatting at the biplanes.

It is neat to think of the writers thinking of Godzilla and Kong while drafting the episode. Wonder if they thought of any other classic monsters while writing, perhaps Cloverfield as someone else mentioned.

Mike

Reaction score

Does anybody know what in the world both my girl Aayla and Yoda were thinking when they jumped on top of the beast? I mean were they just trying to tickle it?

Reaction score

I would have to pass on a Zillo Beast figure. I wasn't too impressed with the past 2 episodes. Sure Palpatine wants the beast cloned but the Empire never had impenetrable armor.

Reaction score

j30spiff said:
I would have to pass on a Zillo Beast figure. I wasn't too impressed with the past 2 episodes. Sure Palpatine wants the beast cloned but the Empire never had impenetrable armor.
Which makes the story all the better. Did the Jedi find out and steal The Zillo to hide him/her on another world. Did the doctor go against orders and never cloned him/her. There could be so many stories.

Reaction score

Anyone notice the 1138 reference?

It was on the Zillo beasts transport as 1831 or something like that.

Reaction score

Jcc2224Cody said:
What the heck did those images come from, I've seen every episode but I have not seen those images. Are they from a new episode?
I belive the new episodes are shown over there before we see them in the states.