Clone Wars General Toy Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Continue on here with general Hasbro Clone Wars discussion.

Here are the last few posts from the previous thread:

Cyclone said:

Found a pic of the Phase II armor in the episode.
JoeDarkfall said:
That sucks, it's waaay to early for phase II.
GNT said:
Just a bit to soon IMO as well, maybe we'll see a mixture in upcoming episodes.
WarpedJedi said:
It means we are coming closer to the end...and thats sad. (when I say closer I know there still may be a few years...but still)

Reaction score
Re: Clone Wars General Discussion Thread - v2

I think that this is just a sneak peak of what is coming up. We may not see the Phase II armor on clones for another year or two.

Kinda like how you see a sneak peak of the Death Star plans in Attack of the Clones. You don't really even see the Death Star completed until ANH. (and yes, I do remember seeing its 'frame' at the end of EpIII)

Reaction score

The Clone Wars is presented as an anthology and is not chronological. Episodes in season 4 or 5 could have happened before events shown in season 1. So even if we see Phase II armor, it doesn't mean we are close to the end of the show.

Making Clone Wars an anthology was a great idea. That way, writers weren't pressured to come up with all the plots and timelines during the initial planning phase. It makes for an overall better quality show and richer episodes.

Clone Wars is getting better and less kid-like all the time.

Reaction score

bongjuan said:
Making Clone Wars an anthology was a great idea. That way, writers weren't pressured to come up with all the plots and timelines during the initial planning phase. It makes for an overall better quality show and richer episodes.
That's a good point.

I do sometimes wish it was a continuous story though, because I feel it would give it more of a Saturday matinée feel because it would be chronicling the war from week to week -- and in doing so make it maybe even more epic overall. And the three and four-part episodes are great, but I just wish the stories were even more interrelated.

With that said, I do understand their reasoning for going the anthology route.

Reaction score

If the above image is about WHY the clones switched to the Phase II helmet I'm dying to see this episode.

Reaction score

Ironhide said:
If the above image is about WHY the clones switched to the Phase II helmet I'm dying to see this episode.
They never discuss the armor, its just seen in the background of two scenes. The gist of the episode is a senate vote on whether to order more clones from Kamino or not.

Reaction score

holy helmet! phase 2 is coming and we still don't have a definitive phase 1 mold...it looks rocking btw

Reaction score

capt_kulas said:
holy helmet! phase 2 is coming
Not necessarily anytime soon. It should take a while for holo-plans like this to be put into full production.

Reaction score

UK is getting the world premieres of TCW at the minute, we are a week in front! Next episode "Cat and Mouse" has an excellent new Separatist Admiral Trench and a cool new black-suited Clone pilot to watch out for.

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:

UK is getting the world premieres of TCW at the minute, we are a week in front! Next episode "Cat and Mouse" has an excellent new Separatist Admiral Trench and a cool new black-suited Clone pilot to watch out for.
You're so lucky
If someone find this episode on streaming, can he PM me ? Thanks

Reaction score

MolaRam said:
Darth_Satan said:

You're so lucky
If someone find this episode on streaming, can he PM me ? Thanks
PM me too if someone find this episode on streaming , thanks

Reaction score

Last night's episode was clearly tailored to older fans, it was a nice change of pace, and next week's episode looks really good.

Reaction score

What an awesome episode
I loved the ANH reference with Bail Organa's "Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope"
I really want a Trench figure now !

Reaction score

MolaRam said:
What an awesome episode
I loved the ANH reference with Bail Organa's "Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope"
I really want a Trench figure now !
Me too , and I want a Spark figure and a pilot of stealth ship figure

Reaction score

I doubt that we will see the armor any time soon. The representative of Kamino is just showing a preview of the upcoming clones and improvements if the vote goes through. But who knows, the time line is pretty messy right now, but I'd say we will see the phase 2 armor being dominant around the middle of season 3.

Reaction score

Y
CaptRex08 said:
I doubt that we will see the armor any time soon. The representative of Kamino is just showing a preview of the upcoming clones and improvements if the vote goes through. But who knows, the time line is pretty messy right now, but I'd say we will see the phase 2 armor being dominant around the middle of season 3.

and condidering Trespass figures are just hitting shelves it will be a while before we see Phase 2 figs even if they are shown in Season 3. So many cool figures I'd rather Hasbro release before then.

Reaction score

Lifeinabox said:
Y
CaptRex08 said:

and condidering Trespass figures are just hitting shelves it will be a while before we see Phase 2 figs even if they are shown in Season 3. So many cool figures I'd rather Hasbro release before then.
Yup, you have to know that season 3 will start around October 2010, and the middle of season 3 will be around March 2011, which leaves plenty of time.

Reaction score

I think the new helmets that Hasbro is alluding to are the "earmuff" helmets that are shown in "Cat and Mouse" (on the starwars.com homepage, not a spoiler) and already seen on Ki Adi Mundi's troops in a previous episode. Phase II appears to be down the road a bit when the new clones go into production (on the show, not production in the toy line).

Reaction score

bongjuan said:
I think the new helmets that Hasbro is alluding to are the "earmuff" helmets that are shown in "Cat and Mouse" (on the starwars.com homepage, not a spoiler) and already seen on Ki Adi Mundi's troops in a previous episode. Phase II appears to be down the road a bit when the new clones go into production (on the show, not production in the toy line).
I don't think the phase 2 armor will be equipped on the new batch of clones now that the vote went through since it takes a while for clones to be trained and matured enough for combat. I just think that they will just ship out new armor slowly throughout the clone army where ever they are in the galaxy.

Reaction score

CaptRex08 said:
bongjuan said:
I don't think the phase 2 armor will be equipped on the new batch of clones now that the vote went through since it takes a while for clones to be trained and matured enough for combat. I just think that they will just ship out new armor slowly throughout the clone army where ever they are in the galaxy.
I agree and I hope we can see the clone phase one for a season again

Reaction score

I think the phase 2 armor is for way later down the road. It was pretty cool that they tease us with those.

Reaction score

I hope we're gonna keep the Phase 1 clone for a while, I prefer them to the Phase 2 and I'll have to buy again Rex, Cody, etc.

Reaction score

MolaRam said:
I hope we're gonna keep the Phase 1 clone for a while, I prefer them to the Phase 2 and I'll have to buy again Rex, Cody, etc.
Yes , me too I agree with you

Reaction score

I'm just curious now and please forgive if this has been brought up, but what is the purpose of the clones with the earmuffs. I saw them in Geonosis and now they showed up again in the cloaked ship. Has there been a official explanation to what they do?

Reaction score

bskcase said:
I'm just curious now and please forgive if this has been brought up, but what is the purpose of the clones with the earmuffs. I saw them in Geonosis and now they showed up again in the cloaked ship. Has there been a official explanation to what they do?
I have any idea why there are the clones with the earmuffs and I don't know if there is an official explanation to what they do, sorry.

Reaction score

bskcase said:
I was asking myself the same thing

Reaction score

Maybe we will have an answer on the Blu-Ray of the season two

Reaction score

Everybody can't read Blu Ray, so it's more like "Maybe we will have answer on the DVD of the season two"

Reaction score

MolaRam said:
Everybody can't read Blu Ray, so it's more like "Maybe we will have answer on the DVD of the season two"
We will have the answer on the DVD and Blu-Ray now everybody is happy

Reaction score

4 new bounty hunters this week, as well as a glimpse of Rancors on Felucia.
It's cool getting the rest of Season 2 as UK world premieres

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:
Have you seen it ? If someone find this episode on internet, please PM me

Reaction score

MolaRam said:
Darth_Satan said:
Have you seen it ? If someone find this episode on internet, please PM me
if someone find this episode on internet , please PM me too , thanks

Reaction score

10am this morning broadcast in UK. Don't know anything about illegal online showing.

Reaction score

This has shot to my #1 most wanted CW figure

Reaction score

It would be cool if hasbro decides to make this figure

Reaction score

That Phase I Pilot looks awesome, though its sort of random that he has a life support chest piece with breather tubes while on the ship, being Anakin doesn't.

I'm assuming these are going to be the Phase I V-Wing Pilots if they ever show up, and hopefully they replace the V-19 pilot too. I like that he has a "mean" visor too, very Imperial looking.

I still haven't seen this episode, I just got done watching Senate Murders, which wasn't too bad save for one thing: A bumbling moron of a Police Inspector worse than Inspector Gadget or the Pink Panther. Ugh. Though the rest of the episode wasn't as boring people made it out to be.

Reaction score

I was somehow able to find a British source and watched "Bounty Hunters". This is awesome episode. Sugi or Suki is oddly alluring, partly because of the good voice acting. Embo is a mysterious, aggressive, and well-designed character. There is another bounty hunter that will make an interesting toy (I won't spoil it by saying why). One of the bounty hunters is not so memorable.

Reaction score

I really want a BP with Sugi , Embo , Seripas (in armor
) and Rumi Paramitta or in single cards

And it would be cool if Hasbro makes the farmers of Felucia

Reaction score

CaptainRex2a said:
I really want a BP with Sugi , Embo , Seripas (in armor
) and Rumi Paramitta or in single cards

And it would be cool if Hasbro makes the farmers of Felucia
<fingers in ears> LAlalalalallaLA

No spoilers please... for us less fortunate viewers.

Reaction score

Verbal21 said:
This has shot to my #1 most wanted CW figure
I would love to see this figure made. I'm kinda sick of all the current clones with just different paint schemes. We need variety.