Clone Wars Forum Posting Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Welcome to the new forum section for the new Clone Wars line! It's always fun to have a new line coming, new packaging on the shelves, loads of announcements, and perhaps even a midnight madness and theatrical premier (didn't think that would be coming in 2005 did you?)

Since we are about a week before the busy phase of Toy Fair, we want to keep the threads to a minimum and the new topics under control - especially as there may be a straggler left in the TAC section where your topic can be discussed - since this was commonly discussed before this new forum was launched. If you know of a topic that needs to be added or an existing topic that needs to be moved, drop us a PM!

So with that in mind - PLEASE refrain from making new topics, contact a mod first and we'll get it added (if necessary) - this is particularly important during Toy Fair as there will likely be dozens of new topics, and lots of time due to the enthusiasm of the members, we end up with duplicate topics, split topics, and so on - which is then a hassle to untangle and straighten out.

Make no mistake, speaking for myself, I'll be paying rapt attention to the news and will be posting news as quickly as it comes in - so there will be ample spots to discuss the announcements. What we'll probably make use of is a "news items" thread where you can post that you've seen something on another site and then we can post the new topic from there.

This will aid in everyone's ongoing enjoyment of the new forum, and ease the moderating team's job of keeping things straight during the launch of this new line. As soon as Toy Fair is passed, then we can go back to our existing methods and let new topics be posted by members on an as needed basis.

Can't wait for next weekend!

'78

Reaction score
Re: Initial Posting Policy

If I've done this correctly, everyone should only be able to reply to an existing topic for now.

After Toy Fair, then I'll change it so that everyone can make their own threads again.

As stated above, we're trying it this way not only for your reading enjoyment, but also for our own sanity.

Reaction score

That's awesome, maybe you should keep it so that no one but you guys can start new threads for the next month (or more). It will be nice to read through an uncluttered Hasbro forum.

Reaction score

Randy_S said:
That's awesome, maybe you should keep it so that no one but you guys can start new threads for the next month (or more). It will be nice to read through an uncluttered Hasbro forum.
I second his proposal actually... IMO it's a good idea for all of our sanity levels.

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
Randy_S said:
I second his proposal actually... IMO it's a good idea for all of our sanity levels.
That's actually a very good idea!

Reaction score

Mike_S said:
Wookie_inked said:
Randy_S said:
Petition Signed, and this should be the case for the 30th Anniversary and the upcoming "Classic" forum - then the forum will be better organized with less useless "Where/What/Why/I found/What if?/I'd Love..." threads, and more threads that has more of a purpose/

Reaction score

JediCKSL said:
Mike_S said:
Wookie_inked said:
Randy_S said:
Petition Signed, and this should be the case for the 30th Anniversary and the upcoming "Classic" forum - then the forum will be better organized with less useless "Where/What/Why/I found/What if?/I'd Love..." threads, and more threads that has more of a purpose/

yeah that's true

Reaction score

I strongly disagree. (At least after an initial quarantine.)

This comes from a person who has never started a thread in TAC.

As "annoying" as some new threads can be, they do at least have the side effect of allowing for a more free-flowing discussion. Some good ideas and great comments come out of "useless" threads, and many of these threads give insight into the personalities of our members.

Useless threads also allow members of this part of the boards to randomly sound-off in a way that useful threads do not. Wuhers is not a place for that either.

I enjoy when threads take detours. Often the conversation is more interesting than: "PASS!" or "I like it!" or "Why ankles, but no knees?"

I love discussing all the new collectibles, but I can only handle so much of the serious minutae of it all. I personally like to hear random thoughts from people as well. It contributes GREATLY to the charm of this bulletin board.

Completely useless threads will be quickly derailed by members of the crew, and then locked. What's the big deal?

After an initial hold to get the section started off, the only thing I would recommend is that members should not start threads about specific toy rumors. I would keep posting those in the general rumores thread, like the one '78 started in TAC. If a particular rumor becomes strong enough or has enough discussion, then a MOD should give it its own thread and link it to the secion index.

Beyond that, Vote NO! to Mod-only threads.

Reaction score

PLEASE review the posting policy here - we do not need new threads being posted in the TAC section because you can't post them here - PLEASE PM me or GNT and we'll get a thread opened just as soon as possible - I'm as excited about the news coming this weekend and into next week as anyone else here, and will be monitoring closely. Given that we'll have three active forum sections, it's a lot to sort out - so PLEASE help us out!

Thanks!

'78

Status
Not open for further replies.