Clone Wars - Figures that need to be made?

Reaction score
I just wonder why wouldn't they make these sort of figures like seriously? yeah it might cost much to make but wont they make all that money back with the profit of the figures?

Reaction score
I just wonder why wouldn't they make these sort of figures like seriously? yeah it might cost much to make but wont they make all that money back with the profit of the figures?
One of the issues is disney. They're forcing hasbro into an OT only focus to cover Rebels and then the ST, so hasbro can't put out many EU or PT figures now. They're only allowed to repack old stuff, or release what has already been confirmed ie Captain Rex, but past this, we're in for a year of OT and anything we do get non pt related will be a rare blessing.

Also, considering 'buy up' talks between companies can take a while, it's entirely possible that the ultimate demise of the Clone Wars line was an early desicision made in these talks, and not a Lucas/Hasbro choice.

Reaction score
Disney spent 4 billion dollars on SW. They want to start creating their own in house projects and want to move forward. In the future perhaps we will see some more CW material being made but apparently that's not a priority for them now. They want to build up hype for their new projects whether it be animated or live action. Additionally add the stigma the prequel era has in combination with the fact that it's been thr longest running era of SW and you can understand why. Not necessarily agree but understand.

Reaction score
I DON'T understand, and here's why-
I spend four billion dollars on an IP. This comes with merchandising rights, movies, games, employees etc. on top of that, I get free in progress projects like the 1313 game, darth maul game, Clone wars series etc that are already established. I don't need to spend money on research & development, marketing etc, it's already done and part of my new ownership. If I was in said position, I'd be using these 'free' projects to their potential, not shelving everything just because I didn't come up with the initial concept. The work is done, so why not use it?

It might also be a good way to not **** off fans. The first thing disney did was cancel virtually everything, close well establish divisions, cancel merchandise etc. real great start there :/

Reaction score
I think it was a misstep what both Hasbro and Disney did to push away from the CW. I would have rolled out a few waves of fan favorite figures during Season 5 which included repaints that people were asking for to minimize the tooling cost of the new characters. Likewise, for Season 6, I would have planned a wave of either Legends or Mission Series. A number of kids have simply ignored the various lines because of how CW was handled, resulting in SW partially falling off their radar...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, the thought was that the only CW figures that might come our way would be repacks and figures already "promised" (realistic Rex, and the like), but now with new CW figures seeing the light of day (figures such as the stylish-looking new Jedi Temple Guard), I was thinking maybe there's a glimmer of hope that we might still see some of the more wanted CW figures wind up on the shelves.

Although I prefer SA/realistic figures, myself, if it meant actually getting them made, I'd be thrilled with 5 POA/animated versions of figures like:

Cham Syndulla, Satine Kryze, Cut Lawquane, Bo-Katan Kryze, etc.

Heck, like everyone else here, I'd love to see a General Pong Krell, too (though how they could go about working him into 5 POA, I haven't the foggiest). :D

What do you guys think? Any chance we might see some of these figures, which were never produced during the CW line, finally going into production? Or am I being wholly unrealistic?

Reaction score
Here, let me take this large bucket of Ice Water (its pretty much a industrial trash can of Icy Cold Water with Salt added to allow it to go below the freezing point) and dump it over your head.

The interviews that I read with Hasbro at SDCC pretty much said that all EU figures (TCW included) are now stopped. All focus on the toys now are going to be on SW:Rebels and SW:Episode 7. So while I am glad that Rex, Temple Guard, Wolffe, and Doom made it to the pegs, if that interview is correct, there won't be any more to follow them. I had hoped that TBS line would continue to keep TCW figures alive in a very limited form. But now even that hope has been dashed.

Its all over for TCW. Just a few more TCW figures left to catch as they trickle out. It seems like Disney intends to keep the SW Franchise in continual motion for the next decade at least. So there will be a steady supply of fresh reference material for Hasbro to try and keep up with. In the end, we might not even miss TCW if the new stuff is well made. Time will tell.

I do know that with the reduced quality of the toys that I have seen since 2012, I'm not about to re-engage in collector spending again.

Reaction score
So, the thought was that the only CW figures that might come our way would be repacks and figures already "promised" (realistic Rex, and the like), but now with new CW figures seeing the light of day (figures such as the stylish-looking new Jedi Temple Guard), I was thinking maybe there's a glimmer of hope that we might still see some of the more wanted CW figures wind up on the shelves.

Although I prefer SA/realistic figures, myself, if it meant actually getting them made, I'd be thrilled with 5 POA/animated versions of figures like:

Cham Syndulla, Satine Kryze, Cut Lawquane, Bo-Katan Kryze, etc.

Heck, like everyone else here, I'd love to see a General Pong Krell, too (though how they could go about working him into 5 POA, I haven't the foggiest). :D

What do you guys think? Any chance we might see some of these figures, which were never produced during the CW line, finally going into production? Or am I being wholly unrealistic?
As much as I would love to have some of those characters made into figures, I' would not buy them in 5POA! It's bad enough they would be animated form, but to limit their articulation to boot. Would be a slap in the face, right after a sucker punch to the junk.

The only reason I swayed on the JTG, is because he is usable as a statue. But that doesn't mean I don't want an SA version of him for fight scenes.

It's fine if other people want to settle for 5POA, if it means getting the character. But the more we are fractured, the harder it gets to please the community as a whole. If we all stuck together on issues such as these, it might go a long ways in actually getting a few things we want. Instead of feeling forced to buy something, because that's what we were told to buy.

Reaction score
Here, let me take this large bucket of Ice Water (its pretty much a industrial trash can of Icy Cold Water with Salt added to allow it to go below the freezing point) and dump it over your head.

The interviews that I read with Hasbro at SDCC pretty much said that all EU figures (TCW included) are now stopped. All focus on the toys now are going to be on SW:Rebels and SW:Episode 7. So while I am glad that Rex, Temple Guard, Wolffe, and Doom made it to the pegs, if that interview is correct, there won't be any more to follow them. I had hoped that TBS line would continue to keep TCW figures alive in a very limited form. But now even that hope has been dashed.

Its all over for TCW. Just a few more TCW figures left to catch as they trickle out. It seems like Disney intends to keep the SW Franchise in continual motion for the next decade at least. So there will be a steady supply of fresh reference material for Hasbro to try and keep up with. In the end, we might not even miss TCW if the new stuff is well made. Time will tell.

I do know that with the reduced quality of the toys that I have seen since 2012, I'm not about to re-engage in collector spending again.
I hear 'ya.

And hey - as long as you mentioned the Hasbro SDCC interviews...

I got the feeling that we may face a situation where 3.75" SA figures won't even be produced for Episode VII. I know it sounds ludicrous, but bear with me, here:

I'm paraphrasing a bit, but as I recall, they were asked whether we could expect to see 3.75" SA Rebels and ST figures in the future, and they flat-out said "no" to SA Rebels, and then said that there are plans to continue SA figures with the 6" line (no mention, whatsoever, about 3.75" SA).

Does anyone else share my concern here, or am I reading too much into things?

Reaction score
I agree that the SA line might be phased out - with some of the boring waves they have planned, and the endless repaints & retools, it looks like they are killing it, just like they did with the CW line. That's one of the reasons I support 5 POA CW characters, because the SA line might not have much life left in it...

Reaction score
I fear they may be phased out, but not due to the above posts reasons as they're too opinionated (they may be boring for you, but not everyone, and therefore has no effect on the canning of a line- there will always be someone, somewhere who likes it and buys it.
The visible issue is the fact that the wave numbers have been downscaled dramatically. We had three legacy waves planned, that were then dropped for black series, but leaving a good 8 months of no new product, then with black series, the plan was to have a wave every 6 weeks, which ran well for the first three waves officially (yes, YOU may not have got them on schedule, but they were released as such- it was localised distribution that was the issue for you there), but then this year, we've had only one wave in 8 months, another relatively close by, but then nothing at all until March next year judging by the date cards on the figures shown at SDCC. So with such a decline in number of figures, on a good schedule, well it's a really bad time to be an SW fan. With this current trend, it very well may be that after the March wave, we see no SW stuff until Episode VII starting around the October mark :(

Reaction score
As long as that 6" line is out there, I suspect that Hasbro will consider that now the 'Collector' line and enjoy their $20 per figure bounty. So I also think that you may be right on the notion that SA 3.75" may be doomed.

Reaction score
If SA goes 6 inch only, then I'm out. I want a quality collection in scale with the past 15 years of my collection, so to 'start again' now is off the books for me.

Reaction score
I'd like to say that I'm out, but if TCW figures hit the pegs this week, I would be all over them. So I'm still a collector of TCW figures, but there is nothing for me to purchase anymore.

Hasbro pretty much quit me rather than I quit them. You could say that it was because TCW got cancelled, but honestly, Hasbro quit making TCW figures in Mid Season 3 and just trickled out a few after that. I really should be grateful though. I was spending hundreds of dollars each year, and my kid's room was getting stuffed with figures, ships, etc.. It really was a good time to break from the habit for me.

Reaction score
If SA goes 6 inch only, then I'm out. I want a quality collection in scale with the past 15 years of my collection, so to 'start again' now is off the books for me.
This is precisely what I fear is the plan moving forward.

That any 3.75" figures will come in 5POA, exclusively

and

6" figures for the SA 'collector.'

And I don't mean even just for the next year, or what-have-you, but from now on. Even with all the new characters, ships, etc., which the ST, spin-offs, television, literature and games will introduce.

Prove me wrong Hasbro. I'd love it if you would.

Reaction score
IDK, maybe we should all be happy that they will be saving us Hundreds of Dollars per year if that happens.
I'm honestly at a loss, of what/where I can spend all the Money I'd be saving from not buying SW and MU anymore. :hmm:

Last edited:
Reaction score
IDK, maybe we should all be happy that they will be saving us Hundreds of Dollars per year if that happens.
I'm honestly at a loss, of what/where I can spend all the Money I'd be saving from not buying SW and MU anymore. :hmm:
That is an excellent point. With the poor SW over the past 2 years, having no new vehicles or constant figure wave releases, I've been able to complete my BSG collection, start a Halo Mega Bloks collection, buy into movieverse Transformers, along with a few other random sets I would have normally never bought had SW been draining my resources. I enjoy having a more varied collection now, but I will still be severely dissappointed when I see something on screen that's awesome, then realise I can't buy it to a quality level in my pre-exsisting collection scale. Saga Legends figures are just depressing, and 6 inch is a waste of time for those who want a consistent scale. I hope there's enough people who drop off the board making hasbro realise getting rid of SA in 4 inch is not the way to go.

I'm already pissed that with Guardians, they went with 2 inch ships and figures that can't interact with my Iron Man, Avengers, Thor or Cap figures :(

Reaction score
Second. Love the design of Slave Ahsoka, way better than the comic version. And the Queen was a great character and deserves a figure.

And would love to see some other Zygerrians

Slave Ahsoka

Hate to bring up an old comment but she will be a reality very soon! :)

Reaction score
Zygerrians would be nice, but an alternate Ahsoka not so much. I really would have no need for a one-off outfit of her. Not to mention it was difficult enough to get the regular figure, I can't imagine what it would take to get this version!

Reaction score
We always got Ahsoka in plentiful supply here in my area of the UK. I had no issue getting any version of her. Proof that distribution is key for everyone.

Reaction score
I'd like some CW Lost Missions 2-packs in the Mission Series line - Yoda and Darth Bane, Mother Talzin and Windu, etc.

Reaction score
Darth Bane, possibly. Talzin, yes! But the rest? NO! I'm so fatigued with main characters absolutely everywhere that it's beyond nauseating. Now, if they want to throw in those two plant looking Jedi that appeared. I'd buy them in an instant!
Same with Krell, Bo-Katan and several others.

We always got Ahsoka in plentiful supply here in my area of the UK. I had no issue getting any version of her. Proof that distribution is key for everyone.
I never saw here anywhere, locally. Though I was lucky enough to have snagged one with an online order I placed with some other stuff. But ended up trading her for the realistic figure, so I guess it worked out in the end. :grin:

Reaction score
I like to see all clone commanders that hasn't been made, the dog handler from season 5 arc and reissue the Scuba trooper that came w/the sub.

Reaction score
Totally - that dog handler is probably the most exciting new trooper we've seen since Captain Rex first hit the scene. And those scuba troopers have an unusual but stark colour scheme that I'm sure many would like to use to make a diver squad: commander and combat divers. I have a squad of 2003 Clone Wars divers for that, but I'd go for a second unit from the 2008 series.

Reaction score
Darth Bane, possibly. Talzin, yes! But the rest? NO! I'm so fatigued with main characters absolutely everywhere that it's beyond nauseating. Now, if they want to throw in those two plant looking Jedi that appeared. I'd buy them in an instant!
Same with Krell, Bo-Katan and several others.

I never saw here anywhere, locally. Though I was lucky enough to have snagged one with an online order I placed with some other stuff. But ended up trading her for the realistic figure, so I guess it worked out in the end. :grin:
Well, I'd prefer Darth Bane be packed with a Sith specter/wraith/ghost and prefer Talzin be packed with Nightbrother Viscus, but realistically they'd probably be packed with core characters in the MS line - I'm all for single figures of Bane and Talzin though.

Reaction score
RIP Chairman ChiCho (should've been included in the Orto Plutonia BP)

Absolutely. I've been petitioning for this guy to be made since the episode aired. One of TCW's best "villains".

The Tarkin-esque look and excellently animated mannerisms and the superb voice acting by Brian George (A.K.A. Babu Bhatt on Seinfeld) really made the character stand out. Trespass remains one of my favourite episodes from the show.

Reaction score
Here's the thing though. While they may be keen on making figures from TCW, as per their statement. . It seems more likely that they'll end up in the 5poa or 6" line, rather than the SA 3.75" line. So that right there isn't really a high note for me.
There are a few characters I'd like, such as Rako Hardeen a proper Talzin, Gungi, etc. But not if they're in a scale I don't collect. And I'm pretty sure they have no plans to double up.

Reaction score
Here's the thing though. While they may be keen on making figures from TCW, as per their statement. . It seems more likely that they'll end up in the 5poa or 6" line, rather than the SA 3.75" line. So that right there isn't really a high note for me.
There are a few characters I'd like, such as Rako Hardeen a proper Talzin, Gungi, etc. But not if they're in a scale I don't collect. And I'm pretty sure they have no plans to double up.
I love CW so much that I might be tempted to buy some 6 inch figures. If they did Talzin, Maul, Savage, and Ventress...those would be hard to pass on! I'd gladly buy any 3.75 SA or 5 POA CW characters though.

Reaction score
I really do wish that they had continued to make a few SA TCW figures in the Animated style and just put them in the 3.75 Black Series line. My big want was a OBI Wan in Maul Mando Armor. That figure was an easy kit bash for Hasbro.

Reaction score
I really do wish that they had continued to make a few SA TCW figures in the Animated style and just put them in the 3.75 Black Series line. My big want was a OBI Wan in Maul Mando Armor. That figure was an easy kit bash for Hasbro.
Oh yes - and so exciting. When I saw that costume in the show, I thought -- wow, even better than Kenobi's clone armor in the 2003 animated series!

Hmm. I'm thinking head-swap and paint job....

Reaction score
his head doesn't sit firmly on pre-vizla's peg but its pretty close, 1mm on the top of the peg and some blue tact (for now) works pretty good.

Reaction score
It really is a shame they wont mix SA animated and realistic figures together in the same line. There are a number of retools and repaints that would be little to no investment on their part.

Reaction score
I love CW so much that I might be tempted to buy some 6 inch figures.
I'm really tempted to buy that 6" Ahsoka, that was announced. But I just don't have the energy required to start a whole new line, in a new scale. Nor it seems, do I have the energy to wait for anything that might interest me.
I'm so bored right now, that I thought about just calling it a day already. I want to see what comes out of TFA line, but I'm not sure I have that much patience.