clone wars - darth maul

Reaction score
is the season 5 episode 16, where maul fights the emperor the last darth maul episode in the clone wars cartoons? they are all over the place and i am trying to watch the darth maul story in order and i want to make sure that one is the last one

this is the one i am talking about
https://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/the-lawless-episode-guide

i found this thread online https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCloneWars/comments/2d64ux/is_there_an_episode_list_for_the_darth_maul/ but i dont know if that is up to date to the end of the series

thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah, The Son of Dathomir Comic was a TCW story that never made it to production when the axe fell on the series. It was later made into a four part comic and was noted as being one of the last SW comics on Dark Horse before it all went to Marvel. I haven't read it for a while, but basically, Sidious put Maul in prison and then uses him a bait to lure Mother Talsen from the green-smokey majik's spirit world to the physical world so that he can kill her. End the end, Maul somehow escape with his life.

I had always thought that he had gone into hiding, until he showed up on Rebels lurking around that Sith Temple. BUT.... Supposedly, there was another unproduced TCW storyline that was going to be the TCW series finale. In that, Rex and Ashoka were going to Mandalore to fight Maul. Anakin and OBI wan were with them, but got recalled to Coresant when Grevious captured Palpatine and thus beginning ROTS. At that point in time Asoka still had left the Jedi, but I guess she was called in as a consultant. This was also used to explain why we never saw Rex and Ashoka in ROTS. Some of this is supposed to be referenced in that Ahsoka novel, but I never read it. So I can't comment on it.

From what I now understand, Maul went back to Manalore or Dathomire and continued his Crime Boss ways. This I guess is when the Solo time period takes place. At some point he gets ejected from Mandalore, I just not sure when.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I read the sons of dathomir last night. I was able to get all 4 comics for 8 dollars digitally on kindle. I really loved the srory. I honestly hadnt given it a second thought until just recently. I loved the clone wars story for maul and how it continued into the comics. I wish it was told out onto a full book with details. I feel the comics just have high level details and you can understand the story but i would like more. I need to go back and watch the rebels with maul.

Thanks for pointing me to the comics. There isnone that i found last night on kindle from before ep1, looks like it might be 2 parts