Clone Wars based t.v. series?

Reaction score
I would like for lucasfilm to come out with a clone wars based television series. I enjoyed the animated version and have played the republic commando video game. I have also been reading the rep. comm. books by Karen Traviss and there are so many interesting characters from these (kal skirata, Walon Vau, Omega Squad, Delta Squad, Captain fordo, captain ordo, to name a few) that I would like to see on the small screen. I think there is some (sarcastically speaking) interest in clone troopers that would validate a wide television audience.
This may have already been discussed before, but I could not seem to find anything.
Any thoughts on any other eu characters that could be in this series.

Reaction score
coybraveers said:
I would like for lucasfilm to come out with a clone wars based television series. I enjoyed the animated version and have played the republic commando video game. I have also been reading the rep. comm. books by Karen Traviss and there are so many interesting characters from these (kal skirata, Walon Vau, Omega Squad, Delta Squad, Captain fordo, captain ordo, to name a few) that I would like to see on the small screen. I think there is some (sarcastically speaking) interest in clone troopers that would validate a wide television audience.
This may have already been discussed before, but I could not seem to find anything.
Any thoughts on any other eu characters that could be in this series.
You know they are coming out with a Clone Wars series in 2007 don't you?

Reaction score
Have they said whether it will be animated or not. I would want it to be non animated.

Reaction score
Yes(from what I've read and understood), it's supposed to be CGI, no more Anime.

Reaction score
There will be a live-action series, but it will be between Ep. 3 and 4.

_Max

Reaction score
coybraveers said:
Have they said whether it will be animated or not. I would want it to be non animated.
Where have you been the last 6 months? lol

There been so much coverage in the media and on the various SW forums regarding the new CGI clone wars series as well as the live-action series that its not funny!

Reaction score
Darktrooper7 said:
coybraveers said:
Where have you been the last 6 months? lol

There been so much coverage in the media and on the various SW forums regarding the new CGI clone wars series as well as the live-action series that its not funny!
All I have heard much about is the other series that is set in the time between Ep. II and IV.
I work 3rd shift and sleep during the day, there is not much time for anything else. So yes, I pretty much have been living in a cave the last six months. I am curious about this series. Any help...(without the critisism) would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I cant wait for this to happen. Has there been any news yet on what it is going to cover??? WIll it cover the same stuff as the animated series. I would like it to cover the end of the clone wars..... areas that were glazed over in ROTS such as details on the battles of Kashyyyk and Sulecamai and exactly how the clone wars ended. Hopefully we will get some Quinlan Vos action.

Reaction score
Obi_Chris said:
I cant wait for this to happen. Has there been any news yet on what it is going to cover??? WIll it cover the same stuff as the animated series. I would like it to cover the end of the clone wars..... areas that were glazed over in ROTS such as details on the battles of Kashyyyk and Sulecamai and exactly how the clone wars ended. Hopefully we will get some Quinlan Vos action.
I'd also love to see some of that stuff. Unfortunately Lucasfilm has not yet released any definitive information other than the CW will not be anime like previously and it will be in 30 minute long episodes.

Reaction score
I did a little homework a few weeks ago trying to find out WHAT, WHERE & WHEN...I posted it on a diff forum....Here it is cut and psted....I got most of my information from Blog and News sites such as HollywoodNorthReport.com, BBC, the Register, Movieblog and more...

Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

"Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once," he said.

Star Wars creator George Lucas said the sixth film would be the last
"I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away."

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Lucas said he "never considered" extending the Stars Wars story beyond episode six - Return of the Jedi.

"To be very honest with you, I never ever thought of anything that happened beyond episode six," he said.

"It's the Darth Vader story. It starts with him being a young boy and it ends with him dying. I never ever really considered ever taking that particular story further."

Mr Lucas said the live action series would feature some existing Star Wars characters - but would not elaborate.

No broadcast dates for either series have been announced.

Plot Outline: A live action television series set between Episodes III and IV.

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: In development
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Published Wednesday 15th March 2006 14:47 GMT

Producers of a TV spin-off of the Star Wars films reckon it will run for 100 episodes. Producer Rick McCallum told BBC Radio 1 that writing will shortly begin on the project, which will begin filming in 2008 ready for transmission in the same year.
The series is set between Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars IV: A New Hope and covers the early years of Luke Skywalker. So, unless the writers decide to rewrite the Star Wars story arc, expect lots of scenes of farming on the desert world of Tatooine. Or perhaps not. McCallum said the series would introduce new characters and be "much more dramatic and darker" than the films.

Which sounds a lot like the marketing blurb for Revenge of the Sith.
The TV series is likely to feature a different cast from the actors who played in the films. This, plus the fact the project will kick off after Star Wars creator George Lucas has finished with a third Indiana Jones sequel, make the Star Wars TV series sound like The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

Readers might be forgiven for thinking the project is inspired chiefly by the desire to extract more dosh from Star Wars fans than any artistic merit. Here's two reasons for thinking this for starters. The best film in the franchise, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back, was coincidentally not directed by George Lucas who gave us a film based around a tax dispute, the risible Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

It may well be that the world is hungry for more space opera. In which case, we can't help but think that resurrecting Firefly might be a better option than further troubling Mr Lucas' accountants. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith alone took £500m at the box office outside of the US, the BBC reports. ®

2008? Eeeek!!!! Thats like waiting for Revenge of the Sith All over again.....sucks!

Reaction score
I can't wait for the Clone Wars tv series. CG looks so much better nowadays then it looked before, I think this series will be awesome. As for the other tv series, Rick McCallum let it slip that the focus of the show will center around a certain bounty hunter... I think we all know who that just might be.