Clone Troopers / Jedi Saesee Tiin Box Set

Reaction score
If you REALLY like these, you can get a case (24 box sets) for $449.99 here!

Breaks down to $18.75/box set plus shipping.

Reaction score
Jedi_Adrian said:
any one think we might get any chases?
It's possible. They've done box set chases before (damn Gree!) and I haven't heard any good explanation for why SDCC display was helmetless (pic way above) and the box set pictures have the helmet on. If I had to guess I'd say the helmetless version may be the chase.

Reaction score
MaxWedge said:
Jedi_Adrian said:
any one think we might get any chases?
It's possible. They've done box set chases before (damn Gree!) and I haven't heard any good explanation for why SDCC display was helmetless (pic way above) and the box set pictures have the helmet on. If I had to guess I'd say the helmetless version may be the chase.
Yep. I have a feeling we're gonna get bent over and slowly take it between the cheeks on this one.

Reaction score
Ya'll keep mentioning the Clones as an example of a boxed set, but those were really army builder sets, IMO, comparable to the Stormtrooper sets that GG put out a while ago. I think this set will be more like the Bounty Hunter box set that came as described with no variants. It makes more sense, as not many folks are really going to want 2 Saesee Tiin bust-ups, I think we are looking at either having him come with 2 inter-changeable heads or a removeable helmet.

Reaction score
From the photos we've seen already, I'm guessing Saesee Tinn will come with a removable helmet - at least I hope so, it would add much more depth to the bustup. Saesee is the main bustup I want from this pack, so if anyone is planning on having an extra, shoot me a PM and I'll buy or trade for it.

Reaction score
arctrooperobiwan said:
I am going to get these!
Just preordered my set from play.com, £18, not a bad price I didn't think.

Hopefully it'll stay as only needing one set and there won't be a chase version - can't see any reason why they would be though.

Bit off topic but does anyone else think it's odd that we have no idea what is going to be in the next wave of bust-ups, or even what theme the wave has or when it's coming!

Reaction score
i have ordered one and i cant w8 to have it.saesee tiin is my favourite jedi.although it will be available on may i will have it in july i think.we in greece get the things a lot later.i got the luke bust yesterday and i was suposed to have it in march

Reaction score
I have heard nothing. GG said when their warehouse receives them, they'd ship em. Thats it - no timeframe. Sux because it's been quite a while now. They should be out already.

Reaction score
just stumbled over quite a few on ebay just now so I'd expect these will be showing up pretty soon.

Reaction score
Good score, Snags.

At last, a bustup variant that's easy to spot in the store without opening the package.

Reaction score
Geez, that's a ridiculous distribution!

Still don't understand why they couldn't have just had both of the heads in one package...

Reaction score
rebel_spook said:

Still don't understand why they couldn't have just had both of the heads in one package...
I couldn't agree more.

Reaction score
Picked up this set at a local Comic shop today but they only had the masked set. The owner said he didn't order them by the case from Diamond, but rather by the piece. Said that's how they were offered. So I guess he ordered less than 12 sets. He hadn't seen the variant
The mask should have been the chase. Saesee looks like a Welder or a Viking, you can't even tell who he is.
Ideally of course the mask should be removable or a second head included.

Reaction score
thanks for the news. i'll look for these at my local comic shop. i actually like the masked version better so it works out for the best for me. i plan to get 2 sets actually as i'm going to put legs on the Tinn.

Reaction score
Long shot I know but if anyone managed to pick up an extra chase version please drop me a pm - managed to get the normal one but that was all they had left when I saw them and other than that it's off to ebay!

Reaction score
rebel_spook said:

I'd have to agree with this as well...sucks that it's so hard to get the non-hooded version

Reaction score
I bought the set w. Masked Saesee from my local comic shop today.

I don't suppose any of you bought multiples of this set to open and would like to get rid of one of your masked Tinns?

Reaction score
my red clone is different than the one pictured on the box. he has a couple of symbols on both sides of his forehead. anyone else have it like this or was this a change after the package photo was taken?

Reaction score
DarthJaq said:
my red clone is different than the one pictured on the box. he has a couple of symbols on both sides of his forehead. anyone else have it like this or was this a change after the package photo was taken?
I think it was changed after the photo because mine is the same way.
However i was not able to get the unmasked , but i have to say these might be my favorite CW bust ups.

Reaction score
I didn't get the unmasked either. Which is ok. I kinda like the mask on. If I'm able to find an unmasked at retail I'll probably pick it up. The clones are really well done.

Reaction score
DarthJaq said:
I didn't get the unmasked either. Which is ok. I kinda like the mask on. If I'm able to find an unmasked at retail I'll probably pick it up. The clones are really well done.
I couldn't agree more.....i love the clones in this set.
I also prefer the masked version myself.

Rod

Reaction score
I got lucky today...went by my local LCS and got the variant and he only charged me like $12.50......oops

Reaction score
Got my set today in the mail from Razor's Edge(mask on), very nice set. Well Done GG !!!

Rod

Reaction score
The price on the variant for this is ridiculous.....one went for $89.99 and another for $94.

I'll be the guy who sold his on eBay for $13.73 is kicking himself.....he sold it for under retail.

I opened one of the non-variant ones and the Saesee Tiin is one of my favorite Bust-ups to date...even though I don't care much for the character.

Reaction score
I still need to get this set. I could care less about the variants cause I never have the luck to pull any, and I forbid to pay a fortune for a piece of plastic, so I will be happy when I just get a reg set....

Reaction score
Yes, both are window packed, so you can see what you're getting immediately. Don't have pics handy. I could put some up this weekend if someone hasn't already.

Reaction score
DarthCrack said:
Does anyone have pics? Also, does the helmetless saesee come in the window?
I don't like how this chase variant was handled. I am not crazy over the variants in general, and never had any luck getting any boxed set varients (clones etc).
I just know that with this set, at least one comic store I've been to that has it, has it up front behind the register, apart from the regular sets, and at a premium price. I think that is a little unfair. At least the blind boxed sets, you always had a "chance" of getting the variant at retail price.
I am sure other places also put the chase sets aside at a higher price too, unless you are in with a friendly owner, at which case, an average joe might not get a chance at the set if it was pulled for someone.
Anywho, I don't care too much either way, except I actually would prefer the unmasked Tinn.

Reaction score
I don't agree. I know some comic shops who will pit out a case and remove all of the chases. hence a local shop in LA removed the entire series of ice hoth variants because they where packed in the box in the same place. so you were given no chance at all!

I like this new way no pressure no having to buy extra figs. I say its great. And if a shop charges you more...well don't buy from them...tell the scalpers to go home!.