Clone Troopers / Jedi Saesee Tiin Box Set

Reaction score
With all the news about the GG Jabba/band today I was looking to see what sites had posted it for sale, and MWC has posted this for pre-order.

Description - "Contained all in one collection, here are four different versions of the infamous Clone Troopers and Jedi Saesee Tiin featured in the Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon from Cartoon Network. Individual pieces stand 2-3" tall and come in several plastic pieces that fit together like a kit. Comes in a handsome display window box. This product is estimated to be in stock Thursday 31 May, 2007."

Sounds like this may be the clones we saw at SDCC that haven't been available yet (heavy gunner, etc.).

Hopefully we'll see pics soon.

Reaction score
interesting...Did Saesee Tiin have the broken tusk and Clone Armor (at SDCC)?

Reaction score
Clone armor, both horns/tusks (whatever)

Looking forward to getting this one:

Reaction score
I think I'll be getting this box set, if the price is right. I want to finish out the CW line of Bust-ups.

After that I am done with the Bust-ups, I came to realize recently just how many more mini-busts I could have right now if I hadn't bought all the Bust-up series.

Reaction score
Duh, left off the price, sorry. $21.24 at MWC, list price is $24.99. 5 bust-ups for a little over $4 each, can argue with that, especially when 4 are clones!

Reaction score
Is the Bust-up that is mostly hidden behind the Blackhole ST one of the Clones in this box set? He looks to be hefting a rocket-launcher! He and the Heavy Gunner look to be really sweet pieces.

Reaction score
This guy?

And looking above his gun barrel, there is a red clone that is NOT the one we just got, here's a picture:

Reaction score
I doubt that the RotS style will be included with Tiin. Maybe a new wave? Were these in the Clone Wars cartoon? I can't remember.

Reaction score
To my knowledge, all the clones in the animated series were the AOTC style with the fins on the helmets. There were shoulder missle launcher clones (see pics below) but those shown at SDCC are definitely ROTS troopers. The mystery continues.

Reaction score
The odd thing is that I prefer AotC animated clones better than RotS animated clones but prefer RotS movie clones better than AotC movie clones...

Reaction score
MaxWedge said:
To my knowledge, all the clones in the animated series were the AOTC style with the fins on the helmets. There were shoulder missle launcher clones (see pics below) but those shown at SDCC are definitely ROTS troopers. The mystery continues.

In Clone Wars animated Episodes 21-25 you get to see Phase II armor.

Reaction score
SithAboveAll said:
ordered them from nside.
Your free shipping deal strikes again!
That saved you some serious coin in the last months.

Mike from Razor's Edge says he will have this up this week too.

Reaction score
I should know better than to bring that up

SithAboveAll won free shipping for a year from Northside for getting the most referrals.

So no free ship for everyone, just him.

Reaction score
I looked at pre-ordering this from Nside, but their cheapest shipping was around $11 for bust ups
Seems too high for me...

Reaction score
dyetye said:
I looked at pre-ordering this from Nside, but their cheapest shipping was around $11 for bust ups
Seems too high for me...
before i took to shipping charges off of my order, my shipping was $9....i think MWC shipping was $7.

oh...and i've saved a lot of money!!!!

Reaction score
EDIT - Larger pic added

Four great clones and Saesee Tiin in armor. Love it!

Reaction score
Can't wait for this one! Hopefully Saesee won't have a variant, as he was shown without helmet on the con.

Reaction score
This set looks pretty cool - I'm not too crazy about buying them as a set though, since the main one I want is Saesee Tiin...hopefully they are available at retail stores like Hot Topic, because I dont want to pay $30 to have it shipped from an online source.

Overall, I wish they would have swapped out at least 1 of those clones for another jedi, like Shaak Ti or Ki-Adi Mundi...

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
...hopefully they are available at retail stores like Hot Topic, because I dont want to pay $30 to have it shipped from an online source.
Hot Topic generally gets only the ones that are NOT boxed sets. Your best bet for getting these at a brick and mortar store, so you don't have to pay a shipping charge, is your local comic shop. Mine has gotten each of the boxed sets (Bounty Hunters and Cantina Band) so far.

Reaction score
These look nice, but I'm really not that into the animated stuff. I sort of wish GG would go back to doing film-based bust-ups. Then again, if they keep doing animated stuff that is less money I end up spending.

Reaction score
Sweeet. I'm glad there's some news on this and I don't have to once again order some CW bust up figures that I'm already swimming in at home.

Reaction score
I'm psyched for these! Maybe Saesee Tiin has a removable helmet? It'll suck if there's a variant.

E...

Reaction score
sweet!!! i've been waiting and waiting for anything of saesee tinn in armor.

i'm even going to pick up two sets so that i can attach a lower torso onto the Tinn and make a 3 3/4" figure.

Reaction score
For your viewing pleasure, hi-rez photo added to the front page

Reaction score
WHAT!? He doesn't have the Jaig eyes on his helmet! WHAT IS THIS??!!!

GGC

Reaction score
efranks said:
I'm psyched for these! Maybe Saesee Tiin has a removable helmet? It'll suck if there's a variant.

E...
I am curious as well, the Bounty Hunter and Cantina Box sets didn't have a chase but the Troopers did, so I think it's still a crap shoot which Tinn we will get. I hope it's just an option and not a chase.

GNT

Reaction score
What a nice set, love the animated merchandise lol

Reaction score
These look very cool. Hopefully they will do a couple more animated waves at some point down the line. Just ordered my set from Forbidden Planet.

Reaction score
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume Dooku, Durge and Asajj are in the wave after this? I mean, I only plan on getting the set with her in it, but still...you'd think they would've made 'em by now.

Reaction score
Not sure about this set yet. I don't like the clones with the BFGs. Tin looks good as do the new ROTS clones. Saesee looks like he has Vader's chest plate on him, I never noticed this before.

-MD