Clone Trooper - Phase I - VC45

Reaction score
Re: Clone Trooper (Unspecified) - 2011 Rumor

perhaps a new AOTC Clone Trooper. since we already have a all white ROTS clone i would hope that Hasbro would release the AOTC version....

truthfully though I would prefer Hasbro release a Republic Commando with SA and perhaps a nice running change variation in each wave to make up Omega and Delta squads and then perhaps a staight White and straight Black variant as well.

Reaction score

My thoughts, too.

Phase I trooper (with added hip articulation) on an Attack of the Clones vintage-styled card.

Reaction score

A Phase 1 Clone Trooper from AOTC would be a logical choice by Hasbro, and could look quite good on a Vintage cardback - interested to see what Hasbro put out for this figure

Reaction score

I sure hope its an AOTC basic white or white w/ red stripes (captain i think?)

Reaction score

I'd like to see a AOTC clone pilot.

Reaction score

A ball-hinged wrists/ hips version of the Phase I AOTC Clone Trooper would be most welcome.
The big deciding factor will be the helmet, which I assume will be removable.

With removable Phase I helmets the problem mostly lies with the way the mouth is painted. It even seems to vary from sample to sample.

While I don't own the Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars Jedi General Obi Wan, I quite like the helmet sculpt.
Could anyone please take a picture of how well his helmet fits on the TVC Clone Trooper's body?

Reaction score

Don't have any photos to hand, but I can tell you that the Obi-Wan clone helmet is elongated from the front to the back, presumably to accomodate that thatch of sculpted hair underneath.

From the front it looks very good, and the details appear sharper than the other removable helmet Phase I clones. However, in profile, it looks rather odd, and appears oversized when placed on a regular clone body.

Reaction score

Yeah, I wound up very disappointed with that figure, largely because of the distorted helmet and ludicrous headsculpt. Big hair, angry face... bad. From the front, that helmet looks amazing tho... so much better than the Evo-style one, or even the ARC trooper one.

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
truthfully though I would prefer Hasbro release a Republic Commando with SA and perhaps a nice running change variation in each wave to make up...Delta squad...
I agree. However, that won't happen. Realistically, I'm hoping for an ultra-articulated Phase I Clone Trooper.

Reaction score

AOTC white one seems the best bet - it should really be an AOTC one, with ROTS ones in the other waves. But having said that - will people really buy it? - it's cheaper in the SL line.

Reaction score

matt292 said:
AOTC white one seems the best bet - it should really be an AOTC one, with ROTS ones in the other waves. But having said that - will people really buy it? - it's cheaper in the SL line.
There are VC ROTS Clones right next to SL ROTS Clones in stores now. Both sell in my area.

Reaction score

matt292 said:
Make it an AOTC version with a removable helmet and I bet it will sell pretty well. The vintage ROTS clone trooper is moving pretty well in these parts.

Reaction score

Ugh. Boring! Enough with the endless clones. They REALLY simply AREN'T that interesting.... Bah Humbug!

Reaction score

If it's Phase 1 in any color or Phase 2 in a squad such as 41st, 327th, ect. I'll buy multiples. If it's a commander, I'll buy one.

Reaction score

I'm gonna go for a stretch & hope they re-do the Kashyyyk trooper. The TAC version fell way short for me.. & not just in the height dept.

Reaction score

I'm a bit burned out on clones, so it'd have to be a really well done, new version for me to buy. I'm 'meh' on them now.

Reaction score

I think I'm done buying Clones. It's over, Johnny. It's over!

Reaction score

My money is either on a new Phase I(AOTC) trooper with all the latest & greatest articulation, or a repaint of the recent all-white ROTS release in the colors of a popular, well-known unit-----for example: 501st (blue), Shocktrooper (red), or a Coruscant "Landing Platform" Trooper (grey).

Reaction score

AOTC Clone Trooper is also my guess. They can eventually do various repaints of all the officers, and eventually switch in a pilot helmet too. Maybe in a battle pack?

Reaction score

Well, since the 212th Utapau Clone is already confirmed and the 501st Clone has shown up on a Yakface and RS list (if I'm not mistaking),
that basically leaves us with the gray Clone and the Mustafar Clone to cover ROTS.

I'll add the Kashyyyk Trooper into the speculation. Now that's a trooper I wouldn't mind seeing an updated figure of. Based on the comic book Commander Faie version with the removable helmet. Repaint him, add ball-jointed wrists and hips (slightly extending the legs for extra height)
and you've got an ultimate version of this type of trooper as well.

Though, I'd prefer to see a white AOTC Clone (with a great helmet sculpt, ball-jointed wrists and hips) first.

Reaction score

If it is repainted from Commander Faie, it better have a different headsculp, like this. Faie's is too unique.

Reaction score

Tyranusspotting said:
I'll add the Kashyyyk Trooper into the speculation. Now that's a trooper I wouldn't mind seeing an updated figure of.
Too late - I beat you to it. Look about five posts up.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
If it is repainted from Commander Faie, it better have a different headsculp, like this. Faie's is too unique.
Hmmm... but the Kashyyyk Gear Faie's headsculpt doesn't have the buzzcut hairdo.

Without the scratchmarks on his right cheek, he looks like any given Clone Trooper.

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Tyranusspotting said:
I'll add the Kashyyyk Trooper into the speculation. Now that's a trooper I wouldn't mind seeing an updated figure of.
Too late - I beat you to it. Look about five posts up.
Whoops, my bad. Great mind think alike, eh?

Reaction score

Tyranusspotting said:
Revanfan1 said:
Hmmm... but the Kashyyyk Gear Faie's headsculpt doesn't have the buzzcut hairdo.

Without the scratchmarks on his right cheek, he looks like any given Clone Trooper.
Well, I suppose, but I prefer the headsculpt on the likes of the TVC ROTS clone trooper or ROTS AT-TE Gunner.

Reaction score

if it's just your basic Clone Trooper I'll pass, I'm wanting an update for Commander Bly!

Reaction score

Yay. Another clone trooper.

Unless it's a unique clone sculpt like a Republic Commando, I'm almost certainly passing.

Reaction score

I don't have any Phase I armor clones. I hate the design and as such have no use for them. So, if that's the case, this will be a pass for me. However, if this clone is Phase II and in ROTS, then I'll bite.

Reaction score

I'd also go for either a Galactic Marine or a Republic Commando in any color. Or an Airborne Trooper, for that matter.

Reaction score

Agen_Kolar said:
I don't have any Phase I armor clones. I hate the design and as such have no use for them. So, if that's the case, this will be a pass for me. However, if this clone is Phase II and in ROTS, then I'll bite.
I am the exact opposite. I much prefer the phase1 armor. It has a cool classic sci-fi feel to it.

Reaction score

As much as I agree with a lot of people talking about "the best/coolest looking" Clones being ones such as Kashyyyk Elite Corps, Galactic Marines, Airborne Troops, etc----I kinda feel as if all 3 of those were done up pretty darn well and don't exactly need an "urgent" makeover, at least not ASAP. Somewhere down the line definitely, but they are close enough to perfect for now, we should be able to deal for another little while te way that they are. At least not nearly as "urgent" as some of the Commanders need remakes---ie Bacarra, Bly, Neyo w/VERY necessary b-h hips, and maybe even a better Gree somewhere down the line--though he can wait some, the others are more urgent. All of these dudes need to be dones just as good as the last Cody was--articulation-wise=the works, accessory-wise=anything they touched during the film(like Gree's binocs, maybe even a working sidearm, and DEFINITELY DEFINITELY a removable magnetic head.

The only "regular" clone that I think needs to be given a "definitive" figure on a sooner than later basis (since they played such a crucial role in the fall of the Jedi, are the 501st. We've had several half-a** attempts at themover the early ROTS years, but nothing recently. The best one being a #41 repaint, but a totally made-over version would bevery much welcomed at this point.

And once we start seeing the inevitable articulation that can be done at mid-foot. I'd take those even if they had to sacrifice ankles for it(though BOTH would be more than welcome, hint hint Hasbro!). Basically just for Clones & Jedi really(& maybe Vader also). I've seen it in some other lines for years and figured Hasbro would have at least "dabbled" in it somewheres along the line thus far, but not as of yet. Look for that mid foot articulation PLUS possibly a trigger figure articulation somewhere along the next 5 years. Going by the improvements we've seen over regular intervals over the past 15 years, I would say those 2 should be too much farther than some 3-5 years away in becoming fairly standard for figures that are "action-pose" necessary.

Reaction score

Is there any clone troopers Hasbro hasn't done? I will like to see Phase II ARC Tooper or offical drivers of vehicles like AT-AP or Republic Tanks.

Reaction score

@ Maynard: I agree Bly and Neyo need upgrades, but Bacara was just done in Legacy Collecion.

And there's already a rumored 501st trooper in the works for TVC, so that's not this.

Personally, I think commandos are the most in need of rereleases. They've only been a single pack (Scorch), online exclusives (Delta and Omega Squads), and comic packs (plain white). If they rerelease the white commando, I'd buy four to make Omega Squad pre-black armor.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
@ Maynard: I agree Bly and Neyo need upgrades, but Bacara was just done in Legacy Collection.
You are certainly correct on that count, though I believe he desperately lacked a rem.helmet, which I tried to do customize myself but has sadly since fallen apart, thus maybe I'm a little bias. All Commanders MUST have faces, no question, thus keeping the uniqueness factor rolling.

Reaction score

I already did a custom Bacara some years back w/removable helmet so I'm fine on that front.

I'd rather they do Bly, IMO he's the only Commander left needing improvement.

As far as Republic Commandos go, I'd rather they include BJ shoulders on Fi, and then start the repaints.

Reaction score

It could be that 'Captain Fordo which isn't Fordo'

Reaction score

well they are missing one faie the 327th variation of him it would b the buz cut head, and the gelabrub trooper body and the weapons he had from the comic pack

Reaction score

yay... another clone trooper *yawn*...

Man, If I wanted another clone trooper, I would start collecting the CW line religiously. PLEASE FIND A DIFFRENT FIGURE TO RELEASE!!! When has Star Wars turned into "regurgitate another clone trooper action figure" Wars? Why do we need SO MANY clones? Seems like alot of focus is on clonies. Don't we have plenty already with the SL line and also with the release of the ROTS and Commander Cody? Then with the CW line, we are about up to 5-10 clones on the peggs now as we speak. Just too many IMO and no use for a slot in a decent line to have this.

And I read in the forum already that there is a rumored 501st and then an Utapau in the works... Why? I would rather see another stormie.

I am just sick of the prequil troopers all together. I like stormies more than clones. It's just clone after clone after clone after clone.

Don't get me wrong, I love the prequils, but they are just a huge focus with their troopers. I know OT people want their background characters made, why not do that with the PT and not release the same clone after clone? I am sure there is SOME background character in epsiodes 1-3 that haven't been made yet. Unlike the clones.

Reaction score

Yeah, I think Clones, at least for the realistic line, is a ship that is starting to sail away so it's good they have limited releases of them with the Vintage line so far. However, I do think there is some life left to them. The biggest problem is that the Clone Trooper that is out now has such glaring problems that I think it would sell better if it didn't have them. If Hasbro insists on doing any future Clones that have removable helmets they need to badly resculpt the helmet or reuse the ROTS Tank Gunner one since it's the only one that is tolerable and make sure they don't come out all green and are painted properly. Preferrably, I think they should stop with the removable helmeted Clones gimmick.

Secondly, they need to release some Clones that haven't been overdone. No more plain white Clones, sans an updated Phase I, no more Shocks, no more 501sts. These Clones are getting stale. I'd like to see the gray Coruscant Clone again for example. Or re-release the corrected colors Commander Bly. I am sure there are plenty more examples. These are Clones people need and want.