Clone Trooper Hevy in Training Armor - CW41

GNT

Reaction score
Good to finally see the start of the Domino Squad clones, first up is Clone Trooper Hevy in training armour:

Picture originally from Sandtroopers.com:

More pictures can be seen here

What do you think of the latest Hevy figure? Worth buying?

Reaction score
The grey needs a wash and needs to darken to match the episode

Reaction score
FDOIRex said:
Agreed to that one, but however it still looks like a very nice figure, and hopefully somewhere down the line there will be some generic of these guys so you can buy quite a few ^^

Reaction score
AlusCWM said:
FDOIRex said:
i plan to give mine a thinned black wash.

Agreed to that one, but however it still looks like a very nice figure, and hopefully somewhere down the line there will be some generic of these guys so you can buy quite a few ^^
we will definitely get the other members of domino squad, heck maybe even bravo, hasbro will milk this sculpt

@AlusCWM: should be an easy fix, i plan to give mine a thinned black wash.

Reaction score
I know it's minor but I'm really digging the brown/tan color in the cannon. I'm in for at least 1 of these.

Is it just me or is the neck a little elongated?

Reaction score
It sure is. Maybe the head isn't fully attached to the neck post. Same thing was the case with the first pictures of the TAC A-Wing Pilot.

Nice to see Domino Squad figures pop up so soon after the episode. Guess the Battle Pack with Training Droid isn't far behind. Like the diversity the young likeness brings.

Reaction score
AWESOME !!!! definately getting a few small squads of these guys for customizing... can't wait... this wave looks very very very promising.

Reaction score
capt_kulas said:
awesome! loving that new younger headsculpt, deco and artic looks top notch. no brainer for me, sold!
Younger? It's not like any of them would look very different... the war's less than a year old, they're all around 20-22 in appearance.

Reaction score
Really excited for him, looks great. Wanted him the second I saw the episode.

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
capt_kulas said:
awesome! loving that new younger headsculpt, deco and artic looks top notch. no brainer for me, sold!
Younger? It's not like any of them would look very different... the war's less than a year old, they're all around 20-22 in appearance.
every bit of difference in the clone headsculpt helps. i also like the idea of younger-looking rookies, they'd look great with veterans like rex

Reaction score
I agree with Capt. Kulas. I am so sick of the Cody head sculpt. It is on far too many clone figures.

Reaction score
bongjuan said:
I agree with Capt. Kulas. I am so sick of the Cody head sculpt. It is on far too many clone figures.
Alot of the clones share the same head as Cody in the series and then again they are clones.

Reaction score
Halomite said:
bongjuan said:
Alot of the clones share the same head as Cody in the series and then again they are clones.
yes, that's why i would love to see more variety with the clone head sculpt, not just with the paint apps

Reaction score
I was going to pass on this one when it was first rumored, but after seeing it, I'm not so quick to pass judgment. I want to see him with the helmet on - that will determine how out-of-proportion that neck of his, is.

Reaction score
I would be unlikely that Hevy would have his tattoo on this figure right? If it did I would buy two to make a better clone armor hevy

Reaction score
Yes, of course I'll buy one ... although I was not "thrilled" with the design of the cadet clone armor -- particularly the clear visor on the helmet.

GNT

Reaction score
capt_kulas said:
yes, that's why i would love to see more variety with the clone head sculpt, not just with the paint apps
Maybe Hasbro could use some new facial expressions on clones besides the different hair cuts. Just an idea.

Reaction score
RhyYees said:
I was going to pass on this one when it was first rumored, but after seeing it, I'm not so quick to pass judgment. I want to see him with the helmet on - that will determine how out-of-proportion that neck of his, is.

thanks for the suggestion RhyYees. did some photoshop and the helmet should look something like this. not bad i think.

Reaction score
Since we are getting Hevy it is almost certain they will release a boxed set-similar to the hidden enemy set- featuring the other four cadets from the episode-droidbate, echo, fives, etc. it makes perfect since and it would sell well I think.

Reaction score
Halomite said:
bongjuan said:
Of course they are clones, but the series is going through great lengths to show their differences, and so is Hasbro.

Reaction score
quinlanvos21 said:
Since we are getting Hevy it is almost certain they will release a boxed set-similar to the hidden enemy set- featuring the other four cadets from the episode-droidbate, echo, fives, etc. it makes perfect since and it would sell well I think.
I think I would prefer 3 of the training clones and a 99 figure instead. 1 new figure in a BP isn't too much too much to ask, is it?

Reaction score
GNT said:
capt_kulas said:
Maybe Hasbro could use some new facial expressions on clones besides the different hair cuts. Just an idea.
This is a good idea. They can start with clone smirk

Reaction score
bongjuan said:
GNT said:
capt_kulas said:
This is a good idea. They can start with clone smirk
seriously great ideas! are you listening H?

Reaction score
capt_kulas said:
awesome new fotos commanderphoenix! does he have joints on his ankles?.. that neck is way too long
the cheek detail is nice though
No,he doesn't have joints on his ankles