Clone Trooper 501st Legion - Wal*Mart Exclusive

Reaction score
Because we cannot post in the Clone Wars section, I'll post here. Much credit to Jedidefender.com on this one, as well as Black Sheep Toys.

Clone Trooper Lieutenant:

Strangely enough, I think these animated Clone Troopers look really cool. I might end up with a sizeable force for my AT-TEs.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures and remember to credit both Jedidefender.com and Black Sheep Toys when re-posting these pictures.

Reaction score
Re: Clone Trooper Officers

Why is the Commander orange instead of yellow?

In any case, I'll pick one of these up (either plain Clone or Commander) and paint it in 327th markings. The stylized armor could always make for a nifty Scout or Light Trooper

Reaction score

Darth Anton, they do, but for some reason I cannot post in that forum.

Reaction score

I'll probably pass on these.

By the way, the stripe on the crest of the helmet should come all the way down the front of the forehead/dome area, but it doesn't, similar to the error on the TSC Clone Sergeant.

Reaction score

Gerg said:
Darth Anton, they do, but for some reason I cannot post in that forum.
This is because only admins or mods can create threads in the TCW and TLC sections.

So starting a thread in the wrong section wasn';t the smartest thing to do....next time, just alert one of us and we'll start a thread ourselves. Cool?

Reaction score

Fair enough, Mr. Curto. I was just thinking I had limited posting abilities or something of that nature. I didn't know it applied to everyone. Is there any reason why this forum and the Legacy collection are closed to people starting new topics?

Reaction score

Looks like they have removable helmets. Otherwise not impressed with these.

Reaction score

Gerg said:
Fair enough, Mr. Curto. I was just thinking I had limited posting abilities or something of that nature. I didn't know it applied to everyone. Is there any reason why this forum and the Legacy collection are closed to people starting new topics?
Yes, this is an intentional change for these two forums, since members were asking for more moderation. It's also easier for the mods to keep control of the various threads and eliminates duplicate threads, which are a problem at times.

It's nothing personal at all against any one member, just an experiment we tried out.

Truthfully, I think it's worked out rather well. I wish we'd done it before!

Reaction score

That makes a lot of sense, especially for a high traffic website such as this. I do apologize once again for my messing up of the system, I didn't know about the new rules. I hope everything is cool.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
So is this permanent for the TLC and CW lines, or will it be lifted once the lines have officially hit? I imagine for someone with a specific urgent question (which wouldn't fit an existing thread) it'd be great if he could start a topic on his own, instead of mailing the staff and waiting for it to be posted.

Reaction score

Rushie said:
Mr Curto said:
So is this permanent for the TLC and CW lines, or will it be lifted once the lines have officially hit? I imagine for someone with a specific urgent question (which wouldn't fit an existing thread) it'd be great if he could start a topic on his own, instead of mailing the staff and waiting for it to be posted.
Use the General Discussion Thread in whatever forum you have a question in.

On topic, I knew something looked off about these guys (besides the animated style that I still don't like for the toys), and the front page posting confirmed it...the stripe. I haven't watched the clips of the movie much, so I don't remember if any of the officers were in there or not, but if they have the full stripe like in the movies and Hasbro messed this up again...sigh.

Reaction score

Just to answer...we'll consider it once the lines start up.

Back on topic (sorry for the detour), I have to say i'm surprised the clone officers don't have the stripe. Especially after the issues that arose last year: full stripe/half stripe, high thin dots/low thick dots....I notice these don't have dots at all.

Of course, it's POSSIBLE that the clone officers in the animated series don't even HAVE dots or stripes...we don't know yet, but that would be a change made by Lucasfilm, not Hasbro...and that could be what caused the issues last year.

The mind boggles....

Reaction score

Wow. These look much worse than I imagined. I know that these are done in the animated style, but I don't like the detailing (or lack of) in the figures. I will definitely be passing up on these.

Reaction score

these almost look like knockoffs they are so bad. easy pass.

Reaction score

Again, might be good custom fodder. The helmet design is growing on me.

Reaction score

The more I see of this line's offerings, the more I'm thinking I won't be collecting it. Kinda regretting ordering the mail-in Captain Rex figures now.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Clone Trooper Lieutenant

I've seperated the clones into 2 threads, please use this thread to discuss the Clone Trooper Lieutenant figure.

Reaction score

I can't wait to get one to add to my blue clones collection! He looks great. And I love that they all come with 3 guns. I really hope that feature continues.

Reaction score

3 weapons? why dose he and not his higher ranking brother get a rocket launcher but a strong yes to buy.

Reaction score

I like some of the animated figures and others not so much. This one I don't care for. Maybe it's the post of angle? I have liked the all white versions and Rex but not this or the yellow version.

Reaction score

no reason not to get this one, they suckered me in before with "officer repaints"...

Reaction score

The lack of weathering that somewhat redeemed the other clones is absent here, so this is a pass.

Reaction score

Maybe in the cartoon, it doesn't have the stripe, hence why it doesn't have it....so it's accurate to the cartoon....same with the dots.

Reaction score

you need a animated lieutenant for that paltoon here he is with a rocket launcher a dc-15s carbine balster rifle and lastly the dc-15a rifle.

Reaction score

If the orange one is the 212th, I'm wondering if this guy is a 501st. I kinda hope not because he is a little bland.

Reaction score

This has to be a 501st or regular Trooper. Considering that the last clone we saw that we thought was a Commander or whatever that didn't have dots or stripes, this is gonna be a regular clone.

Reaction score

DarthZylek said:
If the orange one is the 212th, I'm wondering if this guy is a 501st. I kinda hope not because he is a little bland.
That's also my feeling. He looks bland but after all, his captain (Rex) doesn't really have specific 501st markings either. Moreover, the phase 1 212th trooper looks quite bland too as his markings look nothing like those of the phase 2 armors in RotS...
BTW, one thing makes me doubt he belongs to the 501st... the blue on his armor isn't really similar to that on captain Rex's armor. However, this is perhaps due to the fact the above figure is a prototype (or perhaps due to Hasbro screwing up with the 501st colours once again...).

Reaction score

Ha! I know! The TSC 'Sergeant' is missing his green stripe on the helmet so he MUST be from the 442nd Attack Battalion!

This is getting ridiculous. No offense to Hasbro, they just have to work with what Lucas delivers. This makes no sense whatsoever as preparation for the markings we see in RotS.

Reaction score

Stinks that he is a WM exclusive. Hopefully they will have tons per store because people are going to want to army build him. I would be good with 2.

Reaction score

OK... so once again, 2 different colours for two characters belonging to a same corps...

BTW, those markings really suck. We can barely see the difference with a lieutenant (also, we can now perhaps change the title of the topic).

Reaction score

is there a LT on the way with 4 dots? damn hasbro, you are genius.

Reaction score

All right I knew I was right somehow. Also please change the thread name.