Clone Pilot Oddball - No.11

GNT

Reaction score
Oddball has vbeen somewhat confirmed at the Amazon.co.uk website as mentioned here.

Anyone excited about this one?

Reaction score
Re: Oddball

i'm curious to see what he looks like, but not exactly excited because he's not getting near any of my ships.

Reaction score

How lame would it be if they copped out and just put a generic EpII Pilot in the card and said it was Oddball before he got his ROTS pilot gear?

Reaction score

I somehow think that we will see why his name is oddball in the series. I'm sure he will have a unique deco on his helmet.

Reaction score

CantThinkOfAName said:
How lame would it be if they copped out and just put a generic EpII Pilot in the card and said it was Oddball before he got his ROTS pilot gear?
Not lame at all.
Maybe the figure will come with a removeable helmet?

Reaction score

animated pilot with oddballs helmet decoraction perhaps with removeable helmet.

Reaction score

I'll get Oddball. Not happy about an animated one before a realistic one though.

Reaction score

Well isn't Oddball coming in the Pilot Legacy set or is that a different pilot?

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

it's actually Captain Jag.

[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected

Reaction score

Darth_Broem said:
Ahhh, okay then. Man how do you guys keep all that stuff straight?
By having way too much time on our hands.

Reaction score

^ Coming from the guy who doesn't pay enough attention to detail when he posts the same message in a thread over the course of weeks at a time.

GNT

Reaction score

Now now guys let's try and stay on topic.

Reaction score

So who thinks the helmet will ahve the same decorations as revenge of the sith?

Reaction score

CantThinkOfAName said:
Did you know about this? LOL what an accurate guess. I'm still not sure if I'll buy animated figures or not, so I'm still undecided at the moment.

Reaction score

Same here. Some look good, some look bad. But I feel that if I bought one, I'd have to buy the others. Why is that the case here and not with the realistic figures?!

Reaction score

He must have some weird hair style under that helmet or something. I'm sure his look will justify the name "Oddball".

Reaction score

DarthZylek said:
He must have some weird hair style under that helmet or something. I'm sure his look will justify the name "Oddball".
actually, if LFL stays true to the comics(which they haven't), he should have a standard clone head under that helmet.(he appeared in Obsession without a helmet)

Reaction score

Also, if they stayed true to the comics then Obi-Wan & Anakin wouldn't even meet Odd Ball at this stage of the war... yet, it's probable they will. Then again, the comics wanted us to believe "Odd Ball" was his actual name, not just a callsign/nickname.

It'd be nice if they at least mention that ARC Trooper Alpha-17 gave Odd Ball his nickname.

Reaction score

As George says, there is the SW universe in the books and comics, then there is my SW universe. I don't have any problem with the new CW movie and series completely contradicting the EU stuff. The EU is what it is, another SW universe. I enjoy reading them, I take them for that they are.

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like a normal pilot with a name, good army builder for any vehicles coming out.

Reaction score

Jedi_Trooper said:
Since when did pilots use rocket launchers??????
Since when did clone pilots use ANY weapon?

The answer: Since this became a pretty kid-friendly line. Besides, I'm sure in a pinch a clone pilot would use a rocket launcher and is most likely trained to do so.

Reaction score

Yep, this is going to be kid friendly and not exactly accurate. I think we should give Hasbro a little slack when it comes to this line. This is not going to be strictly aimed at collectors. Which might be a bit refreshing for once or really lame depending on our attitudes. Anyway, it's a decent looking figure with a little something extra a big freaking gun to play with or throw in the trash.

Reaction score

This figure doesn't look bad - the more I see of these figures, the more I seem to want to try and pick some up.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Also, if they stayed true to the comics then Obi-Wan & Anakin wouldn't even meet Odd Ball at this stage of the war... yet, it's probable they will. Then again, the comics wanted us to believe "Odd Ball" was his actual name, not just a callsign/nickname.

It'd be nice if they at least mention that ARC Trooper Alpha-17 gave Odd Ball his nickname.
But then again, Alpha will probably be completely phased out here, considering every Clone Commander has a name at this point in the war. Although, what point in the war is this, exactly? I just assume it's earlier since they still have Phase I armor, but it's not like they haven't disregarded everything established already...

Reaction score

Darth_Broem said:
Yep, this is going to be kid friendly and not exactly accurate. I think we should give Hasbro a little slack when it comes to this line. This is not going to be strictly aimed at collectors. Which might be a bit refreshing for once or really lame depending on our attitudes. Anyway, it's a decent looking figure with a little something extra a big freaking gun to play with or throw in the trash.
For a huge spring loaded weapon I don't think it looks too bad actually. If I was a kid it would definitely be a huge bonus to buying the figure.

Reaction score

Yeah, I hate to say it, but my son loves the spring loaded junk. He launches those things over and over and over.