Clone Pilot Hawk -TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Clone Pilot Hawk based on his look from the original run of The Clone Wars.
Target Exclusive. DPCI: 087-16-9397. $24.99. The press release states that these will be available Summer 2021, but inventory checks show these as arriving in-store on or around 5/20. Was the previously codenamed "Rain".

From the starwars.com article:
Eric Franer said:
One thing we wanted to do was make sure that the helmet was the proper size. Since it has such a unique design that can interfere with real world anatomy of a figure, the helmet isn’t removable, but we made sure that the helmet’s scale would stay consistent with the rest of the Black Series line.

HD Images

Spoiler:  

Last edited:
Reaction score
WHY the old clone sculpt though??
The new sculpt is specifically suppose to be more like the animated version??

Reaction score
I'm in for 2 of all 4 of them.

Love the old school Clone Wars packaging.

Anakin, Obi-Wan and Echo have been long overdue for Black Series.

Reaction score
WHY the old clone sculpt though??
The new sculpt is specifically suppose to be more like the animated version??
Agreed. It makes it the head look too small and the body too chunky. I don’t know why they’re still using the old clone mold for anything. All of the new figures that use the old body would be much improved on the new body, ie. CW OB1, this guy, the bottom half of the Elite trooper. This guy looks better in package than the action shots. I may pass on this guy.

Reaction score
Great looking figure, but I have a hard time buying pilots and drivers in 6" if they really have nothing to pilot or drive. But, there aren't a lot of CW 6" figures, so if I happen to see it in store I'll probably buy it.

Reaction score
Does it state in the article that these are Target exclusives?
Not in the article, but in the official press release.

• STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES LUCASFILM 50TH ANNIVERSARY 6-INCH CLONE PILOT HAWK Figure (HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/Available: Summer 2021)
Commemorate the first 50 years of LUCASFILM with figures from STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES, featuring STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS-inspired packaging. Recall intense moments from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES LUCASFILM 50TH ANNIVERSARY 6-INCH CLONE PILOT HAWK Figure, featuring premium deco across multiple points of articulation. STAR WARS fans and collectors can display this highly poseable, fully articulated figure in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes figure and accessory. Available exclusively at Target.

Reaction score
Unexpected, but welcome. I especially like how they made the helmet to-scale. Giant helmet syndrome is (as we've seen with Mandalorian Bo Katan) unfortunately common. I'm glad we're transitioning to alternate headsculpts instead of rubber helmets.

GNT

Reaction score
Something different, love the packaging as well. If I find it I’ll get it.

Reaction score
Target exclusives. Preorders will open, then sell out in 15 seconds or less. We will be lucky if we ever see them in store, so yeah. This should be fun.

Reaction score
While a great looking figure, I would have prefered a Padawan Ahsoka. Could have come with Backpack and Jabbas son "Stinky" 😊, like the 3.75 did
Agreed! Ahsoka would have made sense, or even any other Clone really.

Looks like a great figure but this one's a pass for me as I'm a main characters guy!

Reaction score
I think these will be hard to find in stores. Scalpers will be grabbing them up! Hopefully we can order on line?

Reaction score
I think these will be hard to find in stores. Scalpers will be grabbing them up! Hopefully we can order on line?
Target does pretty much nothing to curb scalpers and bots on their site. Probably the worst place for exclusives. Items sell out in seconds. Even Walmart is better for pre-orders (they're still terrible aside from the most recent TVC).

I've only caught items when they restock early in the morning.

Reaction score
While I do think the cardback looks nice as a homage and I applaud them for incorporating the various looks from the past. I do prefer all my TBS figures to be consistent in regards to packaging for display purposes and the boxes best achieve that look for me, mainly due to OCD reasons. lol

I have to say that the character design is on the neat side even if it seems very familiar in the vein of 501st deco. Also think it's cool they did a figure of someone who's not a main and from a show that's long past done so kudos for that. Granted it's just a repaint on a standard Clone body but with the all new helmet it adds that bit of new character feel while keeping costs down.

Reaction score
The Clone pilot looks great. I have a feeling that my bank account is going to take a hit on Tuesday.

Reaction score
Another near impossible figure for us in Europe...
But Hasbro Pulse is now available in Europe!

You know... As soon as Hasbro figures out Europe is bigger than the UK! And the European Distribution is actually handled from the Netherlands!

If only Hasbro could figure out that the Netherlands is a country in Europe which knows how to organise things mostly smoothly...

They could have Hasbro Pulse running across Europe in no time!

But that would mean understanding their foreign market... And actually care about non-US buyers...

Who the Hell am I kidding?!?

Reaction score

You know... As soon as Hasbro figures out Europe is bigger than the UK! And the European Distribution is actually handled from the Netherlands!

If only Hasbro could figure out that the Netherlands is a country in Europe which knows how to organise things mostly smoothly...

But that would mean understanding their foreign market... And actually care about non-US buyers...

Isn't there problems with the Dutch distribution? I seem to recall the UK e-tailers complain about that.

Reaction score
Isn't there problems with the Dutch distribution? I seem to recall the UK e-tailers complain about that.
Not sure as I didn't follow that closley, but I thought the problems did go hand-in-hand with the UK-Brexit, due import fees, custom taxes....

At least SAF starts to figure it out again, as they really tried hard to convince me to NOT cancel my last three PO's

Reaction score
Not sure as I didn't follow that closley, but I thought the problems did go hand-in-hand with the UK-Brexit, due import fees, custom taxes....

At least SAF starts to figure it out again, as they really tried hard to convince me to NOT cancel my last three PO's
On SAF's site it says this:
"We are not currently taking new orders from outside the UK, although we hope to resume again soon. Existing DPD orders will be fulfilled as normal. (But with long delays)"

I'm both sad and somewhat happy about this.
Sad as they were my preferred UK goto, them and InDemandToys, who were closed for outside-UK orders for some time, but have opened up again.
Happy in regards to seemingly every parcel being picked for VAT/Customs handling from the UK. #thankyoubrexit

Also happy/sad, because every time Hasbro brain-farts a US store exclusive these UK stores are getting them too, which makes the exclusivity a bit weird, but I'm not complaining about that :)

Reaction score
Nah there is no problem with the Dutch distribution, because if so, there wouldn't be any new figures in Europe at all... The problem has to do with Brexit and import taxes...

The problem SAF has is with (the Dutch) DPD, which seems to not being able to handle the fact they now have to collect the import duty... But really... Nobody who has have to deal with the Dutch brand of DPD would be surprise to hear so... Since they are barely able to handle their normal work... Its completly normal for DPD over here to just skip the delivery and deliver it at a collection post... And not the nearest... No one at the other side of town...

SAF could get around this by not using DPD of course!

Reaction score
Oh and of course... If Hasbro could open a Hasbro Pulse Europe based from the Netherlands for Europe, excluding the UK (which already has Pulse UK), the European buyers wouldn't get stuck with import taxes...

But once again... That would mean Hasbro would actually care about their non-US/UK buyers...

Reaction score

That's the problem. UK is no longer part of the EU. So for us in the rest of Europe will pay higher than expected handling and duty fees as if they're arriving from Japan. Since Brexit, the UK has been removed from all Tax favours from the EU.

And this is what I don't get by Hasbro. They decide to finally supply directly to Europeans through the one country no longer part of the EU. Do these guys even watch the news?

Reaction score
Oh and of course... If Hasbro could open a Hasbro Pulse Europe based from the Netherlands for Europe, excluding the UK (which already has Pulse UK), the European buyers wouldn't get stuck with import taxes...

But once again... That would mean Hasbro would actually care about their non-US/UK buyers...
Agree, although we might not have to contend with import taxes, it would just be much higher prices for the figures instead.

Reaction score
Agree, although we might not have to contend with import taxes, it would just be much higher prices for the figures instead.
I don't know what you are currently paying over in Denmark... ARe they even available in stores?

Over here they dont sell any Black Series at the Toy Stores (or any Star Wars toys with the exception of Lego), and we need to buy everything from online sellers or certain speciality shops... So the prices are usually higher than retail any way... And with Euro vs GBP it's always a gamble...