Clone Commander Wolffe (TCW)

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface.com we’ll be seeing An Airborne Trooper in the Vintage line. No pictures yet.

Worth picking up?

Reaction score
if it's an all new sculpt and not the same re-issue from the ROTS line than yes. If it's just a re-release with the photo scan face than it might be a pass

Reaction score
Will happily add that airborne trooper to the collection. Will fit nicely next to Cody and 212th regular trooper.

Reaction score
I have the one from the BF2 battle pack from TRU all those years ago but not the 212th one. I started collecting again at the end of TAC so I missed that one. Might get it. I like many others already have enough clones though. Fives has me so hyped though.

Reactions: JVM
Reaction score
^ exactly, where's Dooku? In a way, I hope it's not utapau/212nd but rather a new scheme actually in cw.

Reaction score
An interesting choice for sure but if the Vintage Clone sculpt is used this will be a nice update. We already have an updated Cody and basic 212th so this will complete the trio.

Reaction score
If this (and the decisions with the Hoth Rebel Trooper in the 6" scale) is a result of Hasbro getting the message that army builders will sell...then I'm more than ok with this somewhat random inclusion. Plus it means that, between this one, the photo real re-packs of Anakin and Obi-wan, Fives, Hondo, and the AOTC Clone Trooper, there will be more figures out this year for The Clone Wars era than there have been for TROS. Which is...the tiniest amount of progress, I guess?

Reaction score
Finally getting excited for new waves. Been a long time for that. Hopefully Hasbro takes care of the distribution problems they've had in the past few years...

Reaction score
LOL! I posted that, then realized I put it in the wrong thread and you quoted it as I was correcting myself!o_O:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Yeah this one does seem odd and out of the blue. So they must want a new sculpt that they can reissue and repaint another 15 years?
Question though is it new or repack/repaint of the older figure? Regardless, I hope they make the kama SG's this time out.

Another question is which Legion he'll belong to? We already have 5 to date, 212th (Cody's), 501st, BFII, Commander Keller, and Mace's Legion.
So what else is there to do? Likely the Fallen Order Purge Trooper will play in here, Cody's Legion for popularity and screen time, or they'll go all white for neutrality.

I do hope it's all new for obvious reasons. And depends on the deco whether I'll get it or not.

Reaction score
I’m not opposed to this, but my OCD makes me wish they’d have knocked out the AOTC Commander and Captain first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
^ same here

Ijust got email from amazon w/ ETA update....now 10/1 along w/K-2S0, GNK(always been 10/1) and I assume Stormtrooper Luke (of this wave, i only preordered K2 and airbourne from amazon, GNK from pulse. So I guess its safe to say, for those that lucked out and got a preorder in, they intend to keep preorders active

Reaction score
This seems like a really bizarre choice when there are a bunch of more in-demand clones that need less new tooling. The only reason I can think of is to repaint it into a Purge Trooper, but Hasbro didn't make it sound like there were any TVC figures planned for that game.

Reaction score
^ that would be sweet if ATM misnamed as Airborne Trooper and its really Purge trooper. But then i said same thing about the recent Shadow Trooper.

Reaction score
update at yakface is suggesting that this figure may actually be Comm Wolffe, whether new or repack is unclear atm.

Reaction score
That makes a lot more sense. I'm hoping it's not a repack, since the old figure was too small and was based on a weird, one-off design. I think there's a decent chance it's new, too, since this wave already has Luketrooper as its repack. I would have preferred Echo, though.

Reaction score
Are we talking that "shorter than normal" TLC figure? Neat figure and all but I'll def pass on that.

If we're talking a repaint to look like the 6" Wolffe figure, then i'll definitely buy one!

Reaction score
If this is not the airborne trooper, it is surely just a re-pack of the TBS 3.75 Wolffe. I have zero faith that Hasbro will do anything but a repack at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As someone else pointed out, Hasbro did say that TVC now will approx 25% repacks, not counting the fan channel repack waves. So far Luke x- wing (wave 1), jawa (wave 2), clone ( wave 3) fit that claim ( I'm not counting Poe or leia as they "new" in terms of new face paint technology) so luke (stormtrooper) and jedi knight should also be the 25%.of the respective waves. The TBS Wolffe was scene/arc specific if I recall. I'm hoping a realistic version of the cw line Wolffe is what this fig turns out to be rather than a repack. Oddly enough, while not exact, the cw line Wolffe helmet did resemble an airborne trooper's. Coinsidence? Or just self quarantine over thinking? Who knows, maybe Wolffe can reappear in upcoming episodes. With removable helmet to reveal unique facial features. Hence, a shink-down of 6" Wolffe. d3d6r08-3b8687b6-6058-4f6d-a9c6-a6aeda800486.jpgCW17-CLONE_COMMANDER_WOLFFE-05.jpgTAC07airbornehelmfr-tn.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I could easily see an unpainted phase II Wolffe prototype, between the helmet and the kama, being mistaken for an Airborne Trooper. Putting out the old Oba Diah Wolffe mold just doesn't make sense, and the last few waves have been better about repacks. I'm hoping for the best.

Reaction score
The following wave has the Jedi Knight Luke as the repack, so following that logic, the stormtrooper Luke should be the repack in this wave. However, the question is how Hasbro sees it. ;)

Reaction score
According to this Yakface article the TVC Commander Wolffe might be one of the figures revealed tomorrow from Hasbro's lines for Star Wars Fan Appreciation Day.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this figure. Wolffe is my favourite Clone so I'm hoping it's a new figure and a realistic version of his Phase II or Phase I outfit. Preferably the Phase II outfit though. I will jump for joy if it's one of those two. I'm also among those collectors hoping it's not a re-pack of that desert outfit figure.

Either way I'm very happy that my favourite Clone will be on a beautiful TVC card. Can't wait to see what his packaging will look like too but really hoping the figure is new and not just a re-pack.

Reaction score
It's good to see Wolffe isn't just a repack, hopefully the same is true for the rumoured Rex figure.

Edit: Looks like Wolffe also has a removable helmet, which is nice, but he's built on the TBS Commander sculpt, so only swivels at the waist and hips.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
So this Wolffe version is more of an in betweener between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith while the previous 3 inch Black Series Wolffe is more of a Revenge of the Sith type figure in the appearance of a snowtrooper of sorts?

Reaction score
whats your problem, R1G4R3PO?

the hell I do to YOU?

All I did was just ask a question

Then you just had to be a total ahole being rude to me

Reaction score
Well, I think you'd been here long enough to know Wolffe is a cw character, so yes an in between as you call it.... but ok, my bad

Reaction score
This figure is his phase 2 armor . The snowtroopeer type armor you refer to was seen in TCW season 6 "Netflix" season/bonus content during the Syfo Dias arc. His men and him wore that snowtrooper like armor due to being on a desert planet with insane sand storms . Hope this helps. -Cadbane, lover of all things Clone Wars

Reaction score
The previously released Wolffe figure was actually based on "Concept Art", where as this version is taken directly from the CW show.

Nice to see it's somewhat new, and based on that sculpt I feel like a new Commander Cody is imminent.
I actually prefer the swivel waist TBH.