Clone Commander Colt - CW52

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have confirmed a basic Release for Commander Colt over at Yakface:

"Commander Colt will be available as a basic figure. It's important to note that the ARC Troopers Battle Pack (on shelves now) was based on the ARC Trooper concept art we originally received from Lucasfilm. It's not that we forgot to put the skull deco on the red ARC, but it hadn't been developed yet."

So thoughts on this news? Who's going to buy him?

Reaction score
Re: Commander Colt - CW**

i bought the battlepack but im totally down for a single card Colt

Reaction score

I got the battlepack, too, but since that guy doesn't have the markings, he can be the red ARC from the episode.

Reaction score

I bought the BP, but I will still get 2 of him to keep carded and open to add to my ARC Troopers squad. Hopefully we get the yellow and the other red ARC soon.

Reaction score

ive been saying that wasnt colt for the longest time. even tho it's not him it's nice to know that we will get him!!!!!

Reaction score

Awesome news! Hopefully they'll have updated the helmets by then too!

Reaction score

still have yet to pick up the battlepack hoping to snag one for Christmas but I'd love to add Commander Colt to the mix as well... Awesome news that we are getting Colt... can't wait.

Reaction score

I feel bad for all the guys who customized Colt when the battlepack came out...

Seriously, I can't wait for this! I love ARC Troopers!

Reaction score

Hopefully this release is more than just some extra helmet deco. He'd be best with a removable helmet and some episode specific accessories.

Reaction score

I would hope that they make a more accurate helmet. The battlepack ARC's were based on concept art in which the helmets were quite a bit more stylized than they turned out on screen.

Reaction score

Announcing this early was a bad move by Hasbro, bad news for retailers, but welcome to collectors. It will cause more shelf-warming of the ARC BP.

Reaction score

Dang. Kinda bad that they are making him, 'cause I was planning on customizing one from the BP. But I do enjoy packaging and battle cards, so this might not be a total shut down for me...

Reaction score

This is good news. I'll be glad to have both. I'll use the BP version for cutoms or something. Great idea to rease it in full. I wish Hasbro would go back and "correct" several other figures like this that they messed up over the years......... a la .......... Death Star Briefing Officers, adding knees & b-h shoulders/elbows/hips. Shocktroops/501s/Utapau grunt/Gree's Elite Corps, all simply upgraded with b-h hips.

There are so many figure that are SOOOOOO near perfect with just a quick tweak or 2 waiting to make that happen. They did some good stuff with this years Target Geo packs, like Shaak Ti(added angles would have given you an ABSOLUTELY DEFINITIVE Shaak Ti, C3Po has been taken care of pretty well for know.

So many figures just needed a few tweeks to perfect them and I'm glad rather than milking bs "upgrades" for years & years, I'm glad Hasbro went all out and gave us a couple of really nice figures, specifically some nice Jedi(and some that are still yet to come). We've got great a Plo Koon now, great Agan Kolar, great EpII AND EPIII Obi-Wans

Take it from a long time fan, Habsro: With any more "near perfect" figures beign re-re-re-and-re-released time & again, I was getting to my breaking point and was coming very close to walking awaly from the hobby altogether. By taking the initiative and showing that you actually DO care some and listen to the fan, I commend you on some of you recent work and more importantly, I commend you on some of your recent NON-CHOICES equally as much. You have begun to get your finger on the pulse of how far you can push things, and how far is too far. I congradulate you on working on where that line actually exists, A very important concept to master in retain sales.

PS--I am unemloyed right now and am looking for any kind of job to get my foot in door....hint, hint.

GNT

Reaction score

Chances are it'll be the same sculpt with the correct deco, I hope not though.

Reaction score

hmm if we got a blue arc a red and a semi white anda yellow wheres the green one
and btw i would get him cared adn in the battlepack

Reaction score

awesome. I'm glad i returned the BP last week at TRU. It was $27 something with tax. Ouch. Un-ouched now.

Reaction score

bongjuan said:
Announcing this early was a bad move by Hasbro, bad news for retailers, but welcome to collectors. It will cause more shelf-warming of the ARC BP.
Naw, collectors may still get it for Fordo and extra Arcs for their ranks, and kids go crazy for special clones (hence why the Arc pack isn't sitting, and the Clones vs Droids pack, with the neat new Cylinder Droid is still sitting a lot).

Reaction score

lol. yeah. it was better than the usual shot in the head or blown to bits.

Reaction score

Looks like were getting him a lot sooner than we throught, looks great! Thanks yo Commander Pheonix!

Reaction score

I got the BP, so I'm not too fussed really. I know there are differences, but still, bit of a meh for me.

Reaction score

Commander Wolffe AND Colt? I'm sold

GNT

Reaction score
Hell yeah! He'll be a huge seller so it's one of the wisest figures to release. Looking good.

Reaction score

Why does the Riot trooper look like a really bad custom?

Reaction score

FDOIRex said:
Why does the Riot trooper look like a really bad custom?
I agree. It appears that he has those horrible ARF Trooper legs, and his shoulder armor looks too small.

Waiting to see better pics....