Clone Cash - $$$

GNT

Reaction score
According to JD it seems like Hasbro is shipping coupons with upcoming figures - $5 off any Hasbro Star Wars toy purchase of $20 or more so it pay to be an opener in the next few months
No idea if these will come with the Legacy line.

Picture is up here.

Thoughts on the Clone Cash coupons?

Reaction score
Here's hoping that they include this with the Australian releases. This may help in financing for figures - however I doubt it will too much. I really hope this isn't a result of poor sales and is instead Hasbro trying to gain more simply because they feel there is still room for improvement.

GNT

Reaction score
Commander_Gray said:
Here's hoping that they include this with the Australian releases. This may help in financing for figures - however I doubt it will too much.
None of the ones I picked up a week or so ago didn't have any as I just went to check lol

Reaction score
Same, if this happene sin the UK< I'll be all over it. If the figures over here retail at £8 each, it means I can buy them in lots of 3, and end up getting £10 off each TCW wave (providing their are 8 figures), 3*8=24 24-5=19 19/3= £6.3 a figure, 34p more than 2007, which would allow me to buy many more figures IMO.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Commander_Gray said:
Here's hoping that they include this with the Australian releases. This may help in financing for figures - however I doubt it will too much.
None of the ones I picked up a week or so ago didn't have any as I just went to check lol
Damn. All well I guess we'll just have to pay our money - seems the Americans get all the good priceing. Oh and has anyone else seen those new figures at Australian retail, because I'm thinking the store you got them from might have put them out early? I have been looking and I can't find them anywhere.

GNT

Reaction score
I found all mine at 2 different stores, 3 of the 4 stores I visited had bits and pieces of the wave. I'd say the other stores will get them in once they move from the loading area to the selling floor.

Reaction score
Captain_Piet said:
Is this packed just with Gree so far?
The figures I bought on Saturday that had the Clone Cash inside were space helmet Anakin, Ashoka, and Mace. I also got a Cad Bane, but no Clone Cash with him.

Reaction score
I was shocked when I discovered Clone Cash packed with Mace Windu, the only newer figure I've seen thus far. It'll be nice to save some money; there's so much hitting stores right now!

Reaction score
I wonder if they will make Clone Cash worth something in local currency in the international market. We are paying more than the Americans already, so we deserve a price break too.

Reaction score
the U.S. is already going to have a huge problem with cloning cash. And the inflation is causing the price on Star Wars toys to increase. Irony

Reaction score
Just opened my Mace Windu, Jawa 2-pack and Clone Trooper Echo and did not find any clone cash.:(

Is this a separate piece of paper from the standard little folded up ad that comes with each basic figure? Or is it printed on the little pamphlet as well?

I wish Hasbro would provide a list of which specific figures will be packed with this promo. It would definitely help a lot especially since 3 waves are hitting stores simultaneously.

Reaction score
Yes, it is a seperate coupon packed in with the fold out ad and the mail away for the Qui-Gon and Eopie. I found them in Pacesuit Anakin, Spacesuit Ashoka, Mace Windu, the Blue Clone Trooper, and Cad Bane.

Reaction score
Well that sure is nice of Hasbro.I Hope I get some in my next Clone wars purchase

Reaction score
I wish there was someway to tell if Clone Cash is inside the package without having to open it up. I would rather not open a figure unless I know for sure.

Reaction score
I found Gree and Denal over the weekend and they had them. The Mace, Jawas, Yularen and HA SBD I acquired the other day did not.

Reaction score
Great way to save a little money on a Battle Pack or vehicle. Lord knows I need to after seeing the Comic-Con coverage.
Now if my local Targets could actually stock some new Clone Wars figures so I could get the coupons!

Reaction score
darthAndosman said:
clone cash???
seriously. what even is the point of any of that.
They're coupons. Spend $20 (or more) and receive $5 off.

I've picked up all of waves 6 and 7 over the last two weeks and I have yet to see any Clone Cash.

Reaction score
That'll be perfect for picking up some of the Starfighter vehicles or upcoming Battle Packs that are now in the $25 range.

E...

Reaction score
I completley forgot about battlepacks! I was just thinking about the carded figs. This is the oppurtunity I have been waiting for to get the Jabba Pack!

Reaction score
Neal said:
darthAndosman said:
clone cash???
seriously. what even is the point of any of that.
They're coupons. Spend $20 (or more) and receive $5 off.

I've picked up all of waves 6 and 7 over the last two weeks and I have yet to see any Clone Cash.
really
, thats awesome!! sooooooooooo, are they in star wars basic figures, or what (i just heard about this so don't rip on me)

Reaction score
yeah they are in basic figures since that is where they have been found so far and it seems to be hit and miss.

Reaction score
I don't like collecting The Clone Wars basic line, but might considering on buying the new ones for the coupons, and resell the loose figures.

Reaction score
So far it seems like the Clone Cash is in Mace, Gree and Space Ahsoka. Of the new ones I have so far those three have it. It is easy to see if you look in the bottom of the pack, you can see a number 5 on a piece of paper. If not, with just a few light taps the paper on top moves and uncovers the cash if it is there. Anyone not find it in their Mace, Gree or Space Ahsoka? Or did anyone find it in another figure?

Reaction score
KesselRunImports said:
So far it seems like the Clone Cash is in Mace, Gree and Space Ahsoka. Of the new ones I have so far those three have it. It is easy to see if you look in the bottom of the pack, you can see a number 5 on a piece of paper. If not, with just a few light taps the paper on top moves and uncovers the cash if it is there. Anyone not find it in their Mace, Gree or Space Ahsoka? Or did anyone find it in another figure?
Agreed, it's really easy to spot in the Gree package.

Reaction score
I got all wave 8 today, none had clone cash
but all had eopi redemtion form yet none had maul sticker
Those clone cash coupons would've come in handy w/ those wm df2 sets

I also, got wave 6 last week, none had clone cash either nor eopi forms. So were the clone cash foems found in wave 7 or just wave 8 randomly so far?

Reaction score
Just to recap the posts in this thread reporting Clone Cash:

Mosep said:
The figures I bought on Saturday that had the Clone Cash inside were space helmet Anakin, Ashoka, and Mace. I also got a Cad Bane, but no Clone Cash with him.
PizzatheHut said:
I was shocked when I discovered Clone Cash packed with Mace Windu
barenakedleia_s said:
I found them in Pacesuit Anakin, Spacesuit Ashoka, Mace Windu, the Blue Clone Trooper, and Cad Bane.
Michael_Knight said:
I found Gree and Denal over the weekend and they had them.
In summary, the figures that have been reported as sporadically including Clone Cash are:

Space Helmet Anakin
Space Helmet Ahsoka
Mace Windu
Blue Clone Trooper (Denal?)
Cad Bane
Gree
Denal

Reaction score
of course two dull characters like space suit ashoka and anakin get the coupon this way for those who might not have been interested might get them.

Reaction score
CadBane said:
of course two dull characters like space suit ashoka and anakin get the coupon this way for those who might not have been interested might get them.
I don't think anybody will buy a $9 figure just to get a $5 off coupon.

Reaction score
CadBane said:
Okay Ashoka might be dull, but Anakin is not by a long shot. Are you calling the final definative Anakin Skywalker figure dull?

Reaction score
ehco, gree, windu, arf trooper and jawas...NO clone cash, unless its wrapped up in the ad that comes with all figures....but no cash here.

Reaction score
well thats stupid, it's like you have already 6 anakin's and 9 obi-wan's and clone cash are probably in those new space suit ones no one cares about them.

seriously hasbro post on your packaging inside includes clone cash!

Reaction score
well thats stupid, it's like you have already 6 anakin's and 9 obi-wan's and clone cash are probably in those new space suit ones no one cares about them.

seriously hasbro post on you packageing insideicludes clone cash!

Reaction score
Okay, here is what I think, just my guess but makes sense to me based on what we know so far. Clone Cash is in all the figures in cases shipped in this configuration except Cad and Denal:

Wave 8
CW18: Anakin Skywalker (repack)
CW19: Obi-Wan Kenobi (repack)
CW20: Clone Trooper Denal
CW21: Anakin Skywalker (Space Suit)
CW22: Cad Bane
CW23: Ahsoka Tano (Space Suit)
reshipping Gree, Mace, Kit, Spacetrooper, 41st Trooper, red Battle Droid.

(list from a post by R1G4R3PO )

It could be random but the only ones I have seen so far were from this case. Possibly newer cases of other waves may contain them. I picked up a Obi-Wan repack and a Space Clone today, and as I said before I could easily see the clone cash in the pack without opening it. You don't need to open them to find out if it's there, just to use it.