Clone Captain Rex - TBB06

Reaction score
Actually just saw another picture and kill marks are on right side of both legs but legs still reversed so fixing it still has the marks on the wrong spot on the left leg.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
In-Hand Images

Credit @the_basementcollective. For those wondering Rex is #06 from TBB sub-line. I don't think the poncho looks that great, and I certainly don't see it being worth the premium MSRP this four year old sculpt is commanding. Now, if they had updated him with the new clone body...

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Loose-2.jpg

More In-Hand Images

Spoiler:  

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Boxed-2.jpg

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Boxed-3.jpg

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Boxed-4.jpg

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-Clone-Captain-Rex-TBB-In-Hand-Loose-5.jpg

Reaction score
I like the old one better. What's the deal with his lower legs / ankles? The stance looks weird in every picture.

Reaction score
I actually think they done a fairly decent job with the soft goods poncho. Saw some other in hand pics on FB and it can be posed quite nicely with the figure. Cant believe they've messed the legs up again though🤦‍♂️

Reaction score
I actually think they done a fairly decent job with the soft goods poncho. Saw some other in hand pics on FB and it can be posed quite nicely with the figure. Cant believe they've messed the legs up again though🤦‍♂️
I also think the poncho and hood piece look good. Are they worth $10 extra? No way imo. And the screwed screwed up legs seal the deal. Somebody really needs to bring it to Hasbro’s attention. Or they could just STOP USING THE OLD CLONE MOLD!!!

Reaction score
I don't believe the SG's alone is what's behind increase in price though, as with many Exclusives they are made in lesser quantities than basic figure thus carry a higher cost to them. And like Patrick said it's possible that without Walmart this figure might not have ever been released, considering it's just a repaint of a popular character with slight retooling... lol

And the last part was already brought to their attention, the reason this older mold was used was because the new Clone mold was being used on another release. So it seems that they either aren't prioritizing correctly, or they're releasing too many Clone figures too close together. I'd wager that the newest Clone mold was already in use for something else when word came down "we need a new Rex release for Bad Batch ASAP", so they used this older one which was probably available rather than waiting.

Reaction score
Wonder if any customizers have made this poncho so I don’t have to buy another Rex and maybe looks better.

Reaction score
It's a weird explanation on their part ... "we can't use the new body for both releases" :unsure:

Yeah I don't know in what world that makes sense. Plus the fact that they already had blowback for using an old body instead of an update on Rex in TVC...

GNT

Reaction score
Do I need this figure? probably not but I’ll probably still buy it.

Reaction score
Can't be that difficult, it's probably only going for $60 on ebay! lol

Something that kind of bugged me about Rex 59 after recently opening him due to now having shelf space for him, is that he's got a few bugs that bother me like very tight helmet and for some reason it mimics the old 3.75" Clones of 05-07 with chin showing underneath. You'd think they would have figured this out by now and gave him a slightly longer neck. Maybe they can't due to the pauldron, and lastly I had to slit his hand with a blade so he could hold his blaster. For some reason they only gave him one "shooter grip" hand as if the left were meant to hold a lightsaber. lol
Though since it's basically Cody as well as several other Clones it's the same hand used which allows for them hold hold the DC-15 with both hands. Makes sense, but not for Rex should have tooled a different hand or included swap outs like ML does.

Since this version is made from the same old Clone sculpt I'm glad I didn't need it, because it's definitely not worth $30 IMO If it we on the new body with a few more accessories, then I would have been swayed!

That all said, He does look great on he shelf next to Cody, TCW Anakin & Obi-Wan!

Reaction score
Still waiting for custom poncho so I can skip this lazy and impossibly to find release.

Reaction score
Can't be that difficult, it's probably only going for $60 on ebay! lol

Something that kind of bugged me about Rex 59 after recently opening him due to now having shelf space for him, is that he's got a few bugs that bother me like very tight helmet and for some reason it mimics the old 3.75" Clones of 05-07 with chin showing underneath. You'd think they would have figured this out by now and gave him a slightly longer neck. Maybe they can't due to the pauldron, and lastly I had to slit his hand with a blade so he could hold his blaster. For some reason they only gave him one "shooter grip" hand as if the left were meant to hold a lightsaber. lol
Though since it's basically Cody as well as several other Clones it's the same hand used which allows for them hold hold the DC-15 with both hands. Makes sense, but not for Rex should have tooled a different hand or included swap outs like ML does.

Since this version is made from the same old Clone sculpt I'm glad I didn't need it, because it's definitely not worth $30 IMO If it we on the new body with a few more accessories, then I would have been swayed!

That all said, He does look great on he shelf next to Cody, TCW Anakin & Obi-Wan!
I dont have mine yet (been delayed to October apparently here in UK😕) but I've watched a couple reviews that mention the helmet is a slightly larger sculpt this time around so it fits better and doesn't scrape the face sculpt. 1 step forward 2 steps back though (no pun intended) given the leg error

Reaction score
Still waiting for custom poncho so I can skip this lazy and impossibly to find release.

I think this is the way to go as well if a good custom comes out. Though the custom robes/capes and such have been getting more expensive too. Depends on how plentiful Rex ends up being I guess.

Reaction score
I'd surmise that Hasbro has taken note of the Collector critiques on this particular matter as it's been brought up before, so it's totally likely we'll see Rex release again at some point on this new body. It's only a matter of time same as it was for TVC. So long as there aren't any plans to release another Clone at the same time that is.

I'm just curious about how long a wait for an updated Cody will be, being as it was hinted at during the poll on what figures we'd like to see in Archive line. Cody wound up getting a reissue so it's likely fairly far off before we do now.

Reaction score
Gee whiz, my crosshair has shipped from Walmart. Thanks for the heads up. Wasn’t able to secure Captain Rex but, it wasn’t for a lack of trying.

Reaction score
There are reports that Rex is beginning to ship out. Not that it matters to me because this was like one of the only exclusives I was never able to pre-order because of WM's stupid website. 😡

Same here. I had BB Rex in my cart dozens of times, but Walmart's website would never let me complete an order. This is the only exclusive I have failed to get since I began collecting Black Series.

Mauricio

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra Rex that would like to trade for an Imperial Crosshair, PM me. Thanks

Reaction score
From what a store manager told me yesterday, Hasbro are reluctant to fill orders placed by Australian retail companies. Their focus is on the US and the US only. Apparently, we don't order in large enough quantities to excite Hasbro.

Reaction score
So do we know if Walmart discontinued this figure and Imperial Crosshair?
Definitively, no. But, I can't possibly imagine that these won't go up again at some point. It may be sporadically, and they may not last very long, but I don't have any doubts they will show up. The TCW wave from last year, for example, was still showing up occasionally all the way through early Spring of this year.

Reaction score
Definitively, no. But, I can't possibly imagine that these won't go up again at some point. It may be sporadically, and they may not last very long, but I don't have any doubts they will show up. The TCW wave from last year, for example, was still showing up occasionally all the way through early Spring of this year.
I only saw Ashoka and the Super Commando in store last year. Never saw the 332nd Clone trooper or the Mandolarian Loyalist in store. I really hope these do show up in stores. Would anyone in Canada be kind enough to hook me up with the Imperial Crosshair and Rex?

Reaction score
I only saw Ashoka and the Super Commando in store last year. Never saw the 332nd Clone trooper or the Mandolarian Loyalist in store. I really hope these do show up in stores.
I never saw any of the four in stores. Three of my local stores did get them in with the display, but they sold so fast I never had a chance. All the ones I got were from online orders. I think it's entirely possible the new four from TM will show up in similar displays this year, but who knows.

Reaction score
Got my Rex with Poncho yesterday. Walmart shipped in bubble mailer but I’m an opener so no worries. Haven’t opened yet but figure looks really nice.

Reaction score
Got my 2 Rex's today, wasn't really paying attention to my e-mail and they just showed up the day after I got my 2 Shock Troopers.