Clone Captain Rex - TBB06

Reaction score
Cool idea, if i recall Commander Appo or Bow came with that visor.

I did notice that Walmart.com seems to have updated their website interface just before things went live. Not sure why they picked today of all days to do it. Their anti-bot measures seem to be glitchy as well. At times I could have put a max of 5 in my cart. Then other times only 1. The "verify your identity" only came up a few times over the many, many screen refreshes. In the very recent past it would come up a lot more often.
Yeah usually this kind of thing happens in the very early morning so it does seem like an odd time for an update right as two new Exclusives are supposed to go live. lol

I did notice that a person was able to place five in their cart so I wonder how many people were actually able to complete an order said amount, and if they did will Wally cancel some of those? I never experienced the identity screen when ordering Crosshair.

Reaction score
So, does Walmart think they are doing something wonderful by asking me to verify my identity by spending a minute on capture every 5th refresh now?

Reaction score
In the end I bit..

Was 24.99 from Star action figures plus free shipping when bought with the other 2 figures

Reaction score
Nice poncho, but not enough of an incentive for me to get it. Hasbro should've just released the 2018 Rex in the new packaging.

Reaction score
I didn't find out about this until now. It looks like he is sold out. It is a bit frustrating that they keep making a popular character like Rex an exclusive.

Reaction score
yup, sold out in about 20 sec. total bs.

one popular sol'n is for preordered to remain open for, sake of arguement 15-30 days, then produce what was preordered and then a bit more for store shelves, much like haslab is done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like this is still available at Star Action Figures in the UK:

Reaction score
i think that retailers really need to do something about predatory techniques that are being used to acquire these items en masse.

ive recently looked into and found out that "pre-order bots" are a thing? im sure this is common knowledge to everyone else here; ive only been familiar with ebay sniper programs, but this is wild.

Reaction score
i think that retailers really need to do something about predatory techniques that are being used to acquire these items en masse.

ive recently looked into and found out that "pre-order bots" are a thing? im sure this is common knowledge to everyone else here; ive only been familiar with ebay sniper programs, but this is wild.
Target seemed to have gotten a handle on it with their recent pre-orders for GI Joe Classified. They only allowed one per person and canceled any order if you made multiple orders. They were up of about 4-5 hours.

Reaction score
No wonder star action figures Rex isn’t sold out. They won’t sell outside UK anymore?

Yup, UK only, which sucks, as I've bought a lot from them.
I believe they are working on a solution though. It's all Brexit and DPD related if I remember correctly.
However, if you did preorder something before June (or May) they will honor those. I have Buff Maul on the way from them.

Reaction score
I believe they are working on a solution though. It's all Brexit and DPD related if I remember correctly.
However, if you did preorder something before June (or May) they will honor those. I have Buff Maul on the way from them.
Wow so we just missed it for Rex BB exclusive. Hopefully Walmart will reopen preorders a bit later. I can’t imagine them honoring any orders with dozens or hundreds. If they do they are in need of some major website changes.

Reaction score
I hope they do manage to get something in place for the rest of you folks in Europe/Overseas. They're a fantastic company for Star Wars collectors here in the UK. Prices are always fair and they pack their figures to absolute perfection. Mine always arrive mint in box/on card

Reaction score
I hope they do manage to get something in place for the rest of you folks in Europe/Overseas. They're a fantastic company for Star Wars collectors here in the UK. Prices are always fair and they pack their figures to absolute perfection. Mine always arrive mint in box/on card

I agree 100% - never had any problems and yes, always packed very nice and safe.

Reaction score
Seems reasonable. When I go to the Optometrist to get a prescription she drops lenses on top of lenses on top of lenses for that sweet magnification.

Reaction score
Seems reasonable. When I go to the Optometrist to get a prescription she drops lenses on top of lenses on top of lenses for that sweet magnification.
But try wearing one of those out in the field for any length of time. 😉

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still hoping for old man bearded Rex at some point
Oh, I'm sure it's coming but at least that version would fit the $30 price point being a true "Deluxe" figure. And the only new part they would need is a "potbelly" torso. lol

Reaction score
Unfortunately due to some individuals ordering more than 1-2 at time thus being sold out in minutes forces others to go a tad off the deep end in hopes of trying to secure one before they go even higher. It's a vicious cycle.

Reaction score
...forces others to go a tad off the deep end in hopes of trying to secure one before they go even higher.
But, no one's forcing them to panic prematurely, worried that they'll miss out. It's still three months or so until Rex is supposed to be released. Plenty of time left. If it gets to be December and people still haven't seen them in stores or been able to order online, then I'd start to panic a little.

Reaction score
True, but we're also in an age where less product seems to be getting made which means we may not see certain items physically. And going but the recent Target TCW wave there is cause for concern as non of the store locally have never gotten any in stock, one or two over a 100 miles away got 1-2 in sporadically but I'm not about to pay $20 in gas just to get it.

Which is why some people probably feel it's worth paying shipping and an upcharge. For the most part several of you guys had several opportunities at several targets, but that's not the case for everyone. And the longer we wait in hopes to see it show up the greater the risk is we might never see it and the price continues to climb.

Fortunately I already have Rex and have no need to pay an extra $8 for the cloak let alone pay triple on secondary market, but I feel for those who still need Rex and could get an order in. I hope that it does come more easily available for them.

Reaction score
But, no one's forcing them to panic prematurely, worried that they'll miss out. It's still three months or so until Rex is supposed to be released. Plenty of time left. If it gets to be December and people still haven't seen them in stores or been able to order online, then I'd start to panic a little.
Exactly preorders opened up again later for the Clone Shocktrooper exclusive. We aren’t completely out of opportunities hopefully.

Reaction score
I hindsight I’m glad I didn’t end up buying one of these. If Walmart ships them the same way I just received my exclusive TVC figures, the box will be crushed and worthless.

Reaction score
So are we thinking that rumoured Clone Wars Rex reissue was just some shuffling of old stock thanks to this guy? Shame if so, but would be a lot less of one if they had just included the pauldron to switch between looks...

Reaction score
So, I was talking to a friend about this figure about the Rangefinder/Macro-binoculars look and how it apparently it got left out after the concept art stage for the Bad Batch appearance, but too late for Hasbro to change their 18 month lead time, and he mentioned that he swore Rex used a set of Macro-binoics during the Umbara Arc as "Night vision" goggles, as he had considered making some for his Rex costume. I pulled up Disney+ and sure enough in multiple scenes Rex used the Binoc Attachment on his Season 4-7 style armor. So, while he never uses both with his Bad Batch "Nomad" cloak look, he has canonically rocked the Rangefinder and Binocs look. So, you can leave off the cloak and have "Battle of Umbara Rex."

tumblr_1348878a06b13bb851993a235753c65a_ccb7aa6b_500.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking forward to this guy. Gonna put Endor Luke's poncho and helmet on him and call it an OT Battle of Endor Rex!

Reaction score
He showed up in a few stores in Ontario Canada. Guess I'll have to start looking soon as they usually show up a week or two later in BC after hitting Ontario.