Clone Captain Rex - TBB06

Reaction score
Keep trying. I was having trouble with Crosshair, but I finally managed to get Crosshair in my cart and check out. Before, it kept immediately pulling it out of my cart saying it was out of stock. Hopefully, Rex will pop back up. 🤞

Reaction score
By the comments here it seems like a lot of you guys are willing to pay this much ??
I certainly thought about it as he does look neat, but since I'm a cheap *** MF'er I didn't. Of course it's not like Walmart even gave me the chance to do so. lol

If he had been the standard $23 I'd have likely ordered him even though I already have #59 just because he looks cool.

While I've always been one to speak with my wallet, I'm going to start really reinforcing it going forward with all these over priced repacks.

Reaction score
I'm willing to pay that price since I never got him the first time around. The last release would run me $24.99 plus shipping from BBTS, so what's the difference?

Reaction score
I certainly thought about it as he does look neat, but since I'm a cheap *** MF'er I didn't. Of course it's not like Walmart even gave me the chance to do so. lol

If he had been the standard $23 I'd have likely ordered him even though I already have #59 just because he looks cool.

While I've always been one to speak with my wallet, I'm going to start really reinforcing it going forward with all these over priced repacks.

If he was normal priced, yes, I probably would like to get him as well, but I've also started to be extremely picky becuase of various tax/customs/Hasbro/etc reasons.
I just can't imagine that the cheap knock-off carpet that is slung around his neck is worth the price hike, updates or not. It's also still the old body!

And as long as we don't actually speak with our wallets nothing will change - we can bit*h and moan all day long and they are probably reading various foras, but the initial "outrage" over this one, to now, with many uttering their disappointment with it being unavailable is... lets say 'conflicting'.

Edit: This is not me condemning you for wanting this or buying it. It's your money, but in the long run, it creates a precedens that this is what we are accepting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
App crashed while checking out again, just keeps spinning.

Reaction score
this is absurdly sad yet it'd make a great classic (old school cast) SLN skit

i wonder if bots are set up for multy orders and wm is catching it and cancelling them so that it comes in/out a few at a time or 4/5 at a time is the best they can do w/ combating bots atm......i really don't know, just guessing.

Reaction score
Welp I'm done. He came back in stock multiple times and sold out before I could checkout. It does appear that they put a limit on him now but I've spent an hour trying to give walmart my money and I'm over it. My clone wars crew will have to do without their rex

Reaction score
Got Crosshair but missed Rex. Have better things to do than spend the rest of the day hoping Rex will come back in stock. Really tired of the Hasbro exclusives. There are far too many and why is Walgreens still getting Star Wars exclusives? I only ever find old Rogue One figures on store shelves.

Reaction score
I'm willing to pay that price since I never got him the first time around. The last release would run me $24.99 plus shipping from BBTS, so what's the difference?
Look, I totally get that and especially with the prices that Rex #59 is going for this one feels like a deal, if you don't already own him. And I think that's the pitfall here at the price justification, some can some cannot and I'm certainly not saying one is wrong for buying it. I do feel we're on a slippery slope here though.

Buying into this type of thing can only mean one thing, severe price increases across the board on all basic figures.

Secondly 99.9% of the time I don't pay shipping so I don't let cost that factor in for each individual figure, and If I have tp pau shipping I spread it out among several figures. It's called keeping it real, otherwise where do I stop? Before long I'll end up talking myself into a $40 figures just because..

Reaction score
It feels like walmart's preorder system is screwed up, it tells me there are 5 left and I am just trying to order 1 and when I click checkout it does not allow me. But if I go back to the product page it still shows preorder . . .

Reaction score
It feels like walmart's preorder system is screwed up, it tells me there are 5 left and I am just trying to order 1 and when I click checkout it does not allow me. But if I go back to the product page it still shows preorder . . .

Same. I can't tell you how many times I've had Rex in my cart only to be foiled at checkout.

Reaction score
I was gonna order this guy at 1:05. And then I saw the $30 markup. No way I’m paying $10 more for a figure I already own plus a poncho. I’m still on the fence about Crosshair

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
This should not have been an exclusive to begin with. He is too popular of a character.
I actually think this one is fine for an exclusive considering he's already been in the main line. What I don't like is the pricing premium.
I'm surprised by this one. I don't think I've had as much trouble on pre-order as I've had here - and that's including Target. What exactly is going one with the "Out of Stock" notifications when clicking "Place Order," but yet going back to the product page still shows available quantity for pre-order?

Reaction score
Look, I totally get that and especially with the prices that Rex #59 is going for this one feels like a deal, if you don't already own him. And I think that's the pitfall here at the price justification, some can some cannot and I'm certainly not saying one is wrong for buying it. I do feel we're on a slippery slope here though.

Buying into this type of thing can only mean one thing, severe price increases across the board on all basic figures.

Secondly 99.9% of the time I don't pay shipping so I don't let cost that factor in for each individual figure, and If I have tp pau shipping I spread it out among several figures. It's called keeping it real, otherwise where do I stop? Before long I'll end up talking myself into a $40 figures just because..
I get what you are saying as well. I remember putting my foot down and deciding I was not going to pay more than $9.99 for a 3.75" scale figure. At that price point I had already cut back on the number of figures I bought and only picked up the few I just had to have. When the prices went North of that I quit buying altogether in protest. Didn't do me much good. I missed out on some great figures and the prices continue to go up.

I rarely pay for shipping either but I do factor it into the cost if for some reason I can't get it free.

Reaction score
I actually think this one is fine for an exclusive considering he's already been in the main line. What I don't like is the pricing premium.

I'm surprised by this one. I don't think I've had as much trouble on pre-order as I've had here - and that's including Target. What exactly is going one with the "Out of Stock" notifications when clicking "Place Order," but yet going back to the product page still shows available quantity for pre-order?
I saw that too - about 5-7 in stock but upon placing the order for one it read as not available.

Reaction score
This should not have been an exclusive to begin with. He is too popular of a character.
This. While I get it from Walamert's POV, as they are only interested in main heroes. So we aren't likely to get anything obscure from them anyways, but to me Exclusives should be the "harder" sells. This seems like a no brainer to me compared to say a third tier character seen once or twice or even an obscure background character. The term Exclusive now days means it's the only way to get a certain figure released, which begs the question WTF passed on Rex in the first effing place? lol

Reaction score
I did notice that Walmart.com seems to have updated their website interface just before things went live. Not sure why they picked today of all days to do it. Their anti-bot measures seem to be glitchy as well. At times I could have put a max of 5 in my cart. Then other times only 1. The "verify your identity" only came up a few times over the many, many screen refreshes. In the very recent past it would come up a lot more often.

This has been going on for the past 2 hours now. If I wasn't able to have a screen open as I go about my day working there's no way I could even try to get them. I don't see how anyone with a normal life can get these. It sucks.

What's even crazier is that I had zero problems ordering Greedo from Pulse.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna give up. Oh well, need to save money for 3.75" instead.
Yeah, I gave up after trying so many times. Very frustrating to get all the way to clicking one last button to complete the order only to be denied because it says it's out of stock.

My main goal was to get Crosshair, Greedo, and the 212th Trooper. I was able to get Crosshair and Greedo. It seems 212th hasn't gone up, and I hope I will be able to jump on it when it does. I was kind of on the fence about Rex, but I figured I should pre-order it just in case.